Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVO X vs 08 STi by Motor Trend

EVO X vs 08 STi by Motor Trend

Re: EVO X vs 08 STi by Motor Trend

EVO!!!!!!!!! :]
    08 Sti is ewwie! :X

Well, I guess if you plan to track your new X everyday then this test is spot on.Â* For those of us that tend to drive our cars on more regular roads (which this test does not include), I have to believe the new STI has the X beat.Â*

I love articles like this.Â* Such B.S.
    [move][/move]

jesus .94 to .99 is a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFA
    +1 LOL

I'm sorry the STI just looks like a Focus to me on HGH/roids, needs to be banned!Â* :D

Mitsu atleast seems to keep the EVO good to decent looking, while every new STI just get's uglier, I prefer their older models! Â*Still liking my 9 has the looks and performance!
    06 Tarmac Black EVO 9 SSL<br />Tomei ARMS, Invidia DP, Injen Full Intake, Mil.Spec 65mm TB, BYC IC, Dejon MBC, Walbro 255lph, HG, Cyberspeed Hyper Voltage, Ingals Stiffy, B&amp;M Short Shift, SS Clutch Line, Clear Bra, 5zigen Rims,Â* Megan O2, UR High Flow Cat, Apexi Noir Catback, Baer Eradispeed F+R Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, RSR Ti2000 springs, Ralliart Trunk Mat, SoloBaric -L7 Sub, Front -Polk Audio, Rear - JL Audio

Test them on a long course and see what happens. Â*

Look at the 0 - 80 - almost a second difference.

What happened to the 100,000 mile Mitsu powertrain warrantee???

i got the feeling evo X you'll see alot in the future
    I support not worship

Quote Originally Posted by Pops
    Test them on a long course and see what happens.

Look at the 0 - 80 - almost a second difference.

What happened to the 100,000 mile Mitsu powertrain warrantee???
    At the autoshow...the tags on the car said 10y,100k.... so i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by darkevo
    +1 LOL

I'm sorry the STI just looks like a Focus to me on HGH/roids, needs to be banned!Â* :D

Mitsu atleast seems to keep the EVO good to decent looking, while every new STI just get's uglier, I prefer their older models! Â*Still liking my 9 has the looks and performance!

WERD! SOOO true! Focus STi !! LOL!

Cars
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (sold), 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E, 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

it seems that the trend continues even to the all new evo and STi... general consensus have the STi being faster in a straight line but the evo is faster in the turns.
    TUNING TECHNOLOGIES
    EMPEROR MOTORSPORTS

if Mitsu didnt have their head so far up in their ass and improved the power along with the handling capabilities of the X the X would be a beast. beating the STi by a full second around the track despite the lack of power and excessive weight is very impressive. too bad none of that means jack shit on a daily basis where most people drive on the streets/highway.

both cars trap 100mph in the 1/4...ouch. i know they're not built for straightline blah blah blah, but now almost anything performance oriented can keep up/beat them on the highway lol
    98 Accord 5spd<br />00 Integra GSR<br />91 MR2 turbo<br />06 Evo IX GSR<br />00 RSTi<br /><br />Now:<br />Evo X GSR<br />07 Civic Si

new evo and sti = crap

Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken
    if Mitsu didnt have their head so far up in their ass and improved the power along with the handling capabilities of the X the X would be a beast. beating the STi by a full second around the track despite the lack of power and excessive weight is very impressive. too bad none of that means jack shit on a daily basis where most people drive on the streets/highway.

both cars trap 100mph in the 1/4...ouch. i know they're not built for straightline blah blah blah, but now almost anything performance oriented can keep up/beat them on the highway lol
    So what's faster that seats 4 or 5? Â*335i, STI, Shelby Mustang, Mercedes C, E, S, class, Carerra, LX-F,....new GTR. Â*I think it's a sub class when you weed out the 2 seaters. Â*There are just some people who want the extra seats and there are enough of them for Mitsu to go after and they are the price leader. Â*Who would have thought at $40K out the door?

remind me why that doesnt mean jack? why did you buy an evo in the first place then?

He means....most people buying this car will never track the thing. They will never see the benefit of the Evos handling over the STi's other than in magazine wars. Straight line acceleration and power is what you can use everyday. Take and STI and an EVO on the street. If some fool decided to street race...you think hell say....lets see who can take that turn the fastest!?!? nope...straight line...evo X loses. Then a 9 flys by both of them and makes them look retarded.

that may be true for some people, my car only has suspension mods and is slow as fuck in a straight line I manage to use in handling potential on the street all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gen4k20a2
    He means....most people buying this car will never track the thing. They will never see the benefit of the Evos handling over the STi's other than in magazine wars. Straight line acceleration and power is what you can use everyday. Take and STI and an EVO on the street. If some fool decided to street race...you think hell say....lets see who can take that turn the fastest!?!? nope...straight line...evo X loses. Then a 9 flys by both of them and makes them look retarded.
    damn, THANK YOU lol

being able to "fully utilize" the handling abilities of a car that skidpads .90g+ on the streets tells me you're driving like a maniac, yes, more so than accelerating on an empty highway IMHO.

i bought an Evo in the first place because it wasn't too heavy for what it was (hell the 350z is just as heavy being a coupe), and it made power easily (maybe the X will too, but it'll have to overcome 200 extra lbs), and it trapped 100mph+ in stock form for $31,000 out the door.
    98 Accord 5spd<br />00 Integra GSR<br />91 MR2 turbo<br />06 Evo IX GSR<br />00 RSTi<br /><br />Now:<br />Evo X GSR<br />07 Civic Si

yeah sti is for wiwi, i learn that in my marketing class aim for wiwi note" the emblem is pink.
    The beast is resting. for every weekend canyon run :)

Quote Originally Posted by leaveit2bevo
    that may be true for some people, my car only has suspension mods and is slow as fuck in a straight line I manage to use in handling potential on the street all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaveit2bevo
    yeah, for me there is no reason to have a lot of power, in fact it is frustrating to have a lot of power... my commute involves long boring straight congested cop infested streets, then long boring congested freeways... as long as there is enough power to merge on the freeway, the few hours when its not a parking lot, it is all you really need for daily driving. handling and braking however have saved my life over and over... and to have use for great handling doesn't mean you're driving like an idiot, by not having to slow down too much on a right hand turn you reduce congestion and you reduce your chances of
    Quote Originally Posted by gen4k20a2
    damn, THANK YOU lol

being able to "fully utilize" the handling abilities of a car that skidpads .90g+ on the streets tells me you're driving like a maniac, yes, more so than accelerating on an empty highway IMHO.

i bought an Evo in the first place because it wasn't too heavy for what it was (hell the 350z is just as heavy being a coupe), and it made power easily (maybe the X will too, but it'll have to overcome 200 extra lbs), and it trapped 100mph+ in stock form for $31,000 out the door.
    i don't think too many people in the middle of the road to do donuts, so no one really "fully utilizes" the skidpad performance on the street. after driving cars that pull 1G+ for years, i get scared in anything lesser... simply taking a slow turn. its not about doing donuts to feel the benefits of great handling, its there even if all you're doing is changing lanes... a better handling car at the limit usually means it handles quite well below the limit/ on the street. a really fast car may mean its sluggish and slow when forced to street duty, but almost aways does it consume more fuel and pollute more. the only maniacs are those with too much power on the street... the world would be much safer if everyone had better handling cars, instead of the current trend of everyone having too much power. I dunno about you, but the sight of an suv FULL OF KIDS blowing by me at 80mph (in a 40mph zone) makes me sick.

The outcome was obvious :)
    Stage 2 GTR<br />556awhp/586tq<br />Tuned by Jotech<br /><br />Evo IX(Sold)<br />542awhp/420tq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast