Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning Radius on Evo X?

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

Turning Radius on Evo X?

A question for the new EVO X owners. What is the turning radius like? did Mitsu finally give us an evo that can make u-turns?

Re: Turning Radius on Evo X?

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmebruce
    A question for the new EVO X owners. What is the turning radius like? did Mitsu finally give us an evo that can make u-turns?
    no. its just as bad as the previous model

it cant get any worse...
    KT Motoring

its a mitsubishi. having had a mitsu of some sort since 96 (gst, evo8, evox), and my friend having a 91 3000gt, its been the same through out for roughly 17 years.
    toku ni

I can confirm that 1! O0 Had a 95 eclipse / 03 eclipse / 06... evo same shit!
    KT Motoring

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

GODAMMIT!!!

I would say it's about 1ft better than Evo 8 I also own.

my 3g eclipse had a really bad turnnig radius. but my evo 8 its ok.
    I Don't give a damn about gas prices as long as i have my EVO!!!

HAHA... i HATE making U-Turns anywhere in the 8, lol. I fail all the time, even if it is a BIG ass road, still almost hit the curb, lOl!

it is not a u-turn anymore, it is a k turn, in traffic

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

You need to do this to properly make a uturn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06BF44qYDtE
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Canyon Racer

^^^^^^^^^^Oh hells yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tokyo Drifto homes!

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

at this point, i'm used to just making 3 rights and a left. but i hate it when i need to parallel park in a tight spot. maybe if we all write a letter to mitsu, they will fix this nonsense by evo XI.

one day they gave me a rental galant and that shit handle U-turns like a charm ^-^
    admire the stevo8<br /><br />heres one for my dead homies!!!<br /><br /><br />MODS!- K&amp;amp;N drop in, APS BOV, Dejon Tool MBC, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Tuning Tech LICP, WOT 65mm Throttle body/intake mani, HKS mivec cams 272, turbo back exhaust, secret JDM soy sause, and Alfred tuned!!! oh ya and cracked windshield

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

Quote Originally Posted by cky_bam_marg
    one day they gave me a rental galant and that shit handle U-turns like a charm ^-^
    Me too, except it was a rental 2003 regular lancer. that thing could bust u-turns like a champ.

at this point, i'm used to just making 3 rights and a left. but i hate it when i need to parallel park in a tight spot. maybe if we all write a letter to mitsu, they will fix this nonsense by evo XI.
    sure they can fix it... by making evo 2wd
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

My old car the large size Tbird from the mid 1990's did much better u-turns than the Evo, but really I can live without u-turns as long as everything is this good.

LoL.. Allot of you guys don't understand why our cars have such a large turning radius huh?

What hapens is the Evo is AWD which as you all know means it has axles upfront. And since the car has axles upfront, when you turn the car the joints at the end of the axles can only be turned so much before the axles bind and lock up and cant turn anymore.

And so the mystery of why the Evo has had, currently has, and most likely always will have a large turning radius (being a transaxle based AWD layout) has been solved.Â* O0
    Quote Originally Posted by toku-one
    its a Mitsubishi. having had a mitsu of some sort since 96 (gst, evo8, evox), and my friend having a 91 3000gt, its been the same through out for roughly 17 years.
    Same rule applies for a front wheel drive car.

Mitsubishi's aren't cursed or anything, lol!
    <br />I am a gay ultraflip lover<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Skiracer
    You need to do this to properly make a uturn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06BF44qYDtE
    lmao i luv that vid

Quote Originally Posted by wayne
    My old car the large size Tbird from the mid 1990's did much better u-turns than the Evo, but really I can live without u-turns as long as everything is this good.
    Yeah all RWD cars have a good turning radius in relation to they're size since the car has no moving drivetrain in the front suspension. The front wheels can be turned to the max as long as they don't hit anything, and aren't 90* to the rear wheels lol, and nothing will bind.

Thats is why your T-Bird had a much better turning radius. O0
    <br />I am a gay ultraflip lover<br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast