Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WOOT, Tephra hacked ROM FTW!!!

Re: WOOT, Tephra hacked ROM FTW!!!

^sweeeet... post em up here, ill post a couple when i get a chance to do anything...
    Forum Nazi-mods blocked my PM box for no apparent reason, email me:<br />[email protected]<br /><br />My Blog<br /><br />&#039;official&#039; Fanboi of GM cars and LooneyReeseGSTdr.GRAYself tuning (or just tuning in general)

the only wierd thing my car does with the patch is in the morning or cold night when the car has not been driving for over 6 hours if you accidently blip the throttle while its cold it starts to idle like a v8 on roids lol ...goes away after like 4 seconds but other than that runs great. also i dont think it does the same thing as anti-lag. would be nice to put a 2-step in tho can you say blown lsd? lol....
    www.myspace.com/lostos<br />

^ive been having that same problem, its not the patch.

i had that before the patch. its something to do with the fuel trims. I noticed that same thing started as soon as the temps dropped around here...

i noticed during that v8 on roids thing the afr is 16:1. then it takes about 4 seconds to get to 15.1:1, then drops back to 14.7

its wierd. I almost think it could also be injector latency, as my battery is dying. there have been a few cold mornings where the voltage will hover around 11.7v before i start the car.

p.s. you like your crash beam? im making another one tomorrow :D
    Forum Nazi-mods blocked my PM box for no apparent reason, email me:<br />[email protected]<br /><br />My Blog<br /><br />&#039;official&#039; Fanboi of GM cars and LooneyReeseGSTdr.GRAYself tuning (or just tuning in general)

i painted it silvery lol i haven't had time to put it in yet ...but it does look nice sitting in the room LOL.
    hopefully ill get it in next week no tools at the house . well car ones at least "alot of random tools for working on air planes"

good to know im not the only one with the idle problem i dont have anyway to log my afr's so i would of never caught the problem lol.

This is looking like an evom thread now! That's good! Nice to see all the self tuners out there.
    [quote author=1WkdEvo link=topic=58788.msg7326126#msg7326126 date=1207515724]<br />[quote author=antox18 link=topic=58788.msg7326119#msg7326119 date=1207515145]<br />hes not bashing you aby. hes bahing the guy that is trying to imply but doesnt have the balls to straight out say that charlie is messing with the dyno settings. which he did not since 3 other people were there.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Did I imply that or did I just ask questions about your &quot;Factory Freak&quot; that seems to put down more HP than FPs and that apparently defies both history and logic.<br /><br />As far as gains, your gains were great and Charlie did a good job.&nbsp; I am pretty fkn tired of not being able to ask questions about this &quot;Hearbreak Dyno&quot; without people getting all shitty.&nbsp; Its not the Holy Grail people, it&#039;s a fkn dyno.<br />[/quote]

Ok. I just did some logs and here we go. The NLTS goes against the principal of Anti Lag. i have no idea how it works

During my shift Timing goes to about mid 20's and AFR goes to 21. So this is just like any other shift but I hold 8psi instead of dropping to vacum. I am stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Ok. I just did some logs and here we go. The NLTS goes against the principal of Anti Lag. i have no idea how it works

During my shift Timing goes to about mid 20's and AFR goes to 21. So this is just like any other shift but I hold 8psi instead of dropping to vacum. I am stumped.
    It works because the throttle plate never closes, therefore the turbo never has to stop spinning during a shift. Anti-lag works by causing explosions in the manifold before the turbo to keep it spinning.
    Turbo kit for sale!<br />http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;?topic= 70930.new;topicseen#new

This is not anti lag. Antil Lag changes your timing to cause the late spark, ATDC. And with this timing goes to mid 20's before TDC.

It must just be a simple rev limiter change and no other magic.

The nlts only keeps your rpms at a higher number in between shifts, therefore enabling the car to stay in the powerband while shifting. It has nothing to do with anti lag
    [quote author=1WkdEvo link=topic=58788.msg7326126#msg7326126 date=1207515724]<br />[quote author=antox18 link=topic=58788.msg7326119#msg7326119 date=1207515145]<br />hes not bashing you aby. hes bahing the guy that is trying to imply but doesnt have the balls to straight out say that charlie is messing with the dyno settings. which he did not since 3 other people were there.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Did I imply that or did I just ask questions about your &quot;Factory Freak&quot; that seems to put down more HP than FPs and that apparently defies both history and logic.<br /><br />As far as gains, your gains were great and Charlie did a good job.&nbsp; I am pretty fkn tired of not being able to ask questions about this &quot;Hearbreak Dyno&quot; without people getting all shitty.&nbsp; Its not the Holy Grail people, it&#039;s a fkn dyno.<br />[/quote]

Fuel trims? Tephra patch? Pretty soon people will be talking about crazy things like altering .xml files and changing definitions in their MUT table :D

BTW, this can't be SCE, can it?
    Subaru owners are a bunch of vaginas --Forced Performance on NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by atlvalet
    Fuel trims? Tephra patch? Pretty soon people will be talking about crazy things like altering .xml files and changing definitions in their MUT table :D

You must be looking at Evom.

Sce is finally catching up! Lol. Good job guys.

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

I had this patch done a few months ago...Only thing different is i set my valet mode to 3500RPM, which is right before boost hits. I think 2K RPM might be a tad too low IMO.
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Quote Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by atlvalet

Or crazy talk like switchable maps without a laptop I got working the other day. omgzorz!
    SCE is evolving :) lol

Quote Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
    Or crazy talk like switchable maps without a laptop I got working the other day. omgzorz!
    Don't make me drive up to Hayward again, dammit

Besides, I got a Magnus manifold in my garage which David Buschur says don't work. I need to put it on to demonstrate that he's the suxorz :)

Dang atlvalet, you're gonna give up a stealthy engine bay for Magnus bling?

Quote Originally Posted by JKav
    Dang atlvalet, you're gonna give up a stealthy engine bay for Magnus bling?
    I willz unbling zee Magnus, so zee cops will not see zee bling.

In other words, I am going to have Swain Tech coat it with their black heat-emitting coating. No more shiny blingness :)

Quote Originally Posted by Driving_Miss_Daisy

well shoot. I logged mine on friday, and didnt get around to posting logs...

...my computer got jacked from the parking lot by my house.

But, my logs were completely different.

Load, Inj. Duty cycle, and 2-byte would drop to 0, during the NLTS. .
    I think it might not work correctly on the 8xxxx015 ROM...

but, im not sure ill ever turn it back on the way it was about to tear out my rear diff... the NLTS engages WAAAY to early. My clutch doesnt disengage until about half way down... so it would fuel cut while i was in gear... not a good idea.

and, Bryan, you suck for having a map switch. Im assuming you found out how to tap the ICS wire on the newer Evo's. You are gonna have to tell us how (on EvoM). :D

I also have the 15 rom so I don't know. Could be with mine I was not letting it get to the point of backfiring and holding RPM for a period of time. I have mine set to 1500RPM drop. I can usually shift it within 1000RPM.

^yea, i have the 3200lb ACT clutch, and havent messed with the travel on the pedal...

so, i think it would be much different if i had the engagement point further out... It was literally jerking my car when it hit fuel cut... and load, timing, inj... everything went to 0...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast