Thread: Front O2 Sensor throwing CEL....help

Front O2 Sensor throwing CEL....help

I had a cel for front o2 sensor inactivity so i replaced the sensor and cleared the code, but a few minutes later after starting the code is back again. anyone know what else to check for?

Re: Front O2 Sensor throwing CEL....help

Is the car stock? Take it to the dealer. If not, might need to provide more info.

its modded, cams and injectors

the actual code is P0134 and P0125.

bryan,
    i checked the car a couple weeks back, its not logging any O2 values on the front O2, and the car is having problems transitioning from closed to open loop. And the openloop load tables have been adjusted already (not by me) to account for an earlier transition.

Also, it isnt logging fuel trims.

he doesnt have an SAFC or anything. and the front O2 was only reading .97v no matter what RPM.
    Forum Nazi-mods blocked my PM box for no apparent reason, email me:<br />[email protected]<br /><br />My Blog<br /><br />&#039;official&#039; Fanboi of GM cars and LooneyReeseGSTdr.GRAYself tuning (or just tuning in general)

i havent tested if it gets power.

Do you know where to look for faults, ie ground and wiring?

^the front O2 sensor wiring goes through the sparkplug cover, you might want to start from the sensor and work your way back, see if there are any problems.

if you cruise out tomorrow i can check it again w/ evoscan and see if it is even logging any voltage.
    Forum Nazi-mods blocked my PM box for no apparent reason, email me:<br />[email protected]<br /><br />My Blog<br /><br />&#039;official&#039; Fanboi of GM cars and LooneyReeseGSTdr.GRAYself tuning (or just tuning in general)

i have check the connector, but then it goes to a loom inside a plactic flex tube. Is there like a relay for the O2 sensor?

I'll be at the meet on thursday so i will see you there.

ok we did some logging and it shows that my o2 sensor is working, but i still have the code. Mike said that I dont have any fuel trim, so we dont know if that is caused by the code. Does anyone know what to look for from that code combo of P0134 and P0125?

^I would contact Road Race and see if they could help you out. Or maybe stop by the dealer (i kno you dont want to) and see if they could diagnose it.

how is the AC working today?

I have sent an email to Mike at RRE, hopefully he can get back to me today, I am also reading the Service manual for the code, it has a lot of troubleshooting steps that i think the dealer will follow, but there are so many things it said that could cause this problem, and a lot of mitsu tools to test it with. I also posted today on EvoM hopefully someone might know it there.(crossing fingers)

I havent driven it yet, but i think its okay, thanks mike for taking the time last night.

^no problem man. Im glad i could at least get it to idle w/ the AC.

So...you gonna throw some 100oct in there today :D

and P.s. Bryan, thanks for posting the Latencies for the Denso 720's.

hahaha maybe a few gallons mixed with half a tank of 91 i have right now.hehehe

mike, a/c work but car stall on low speeds ie. parking lot.

...damn

we should try changing it when its daytime. does it just stall completely, or will it eventually level off?

p.s. PM me your email, ill send over your tunes.

it stalls completely, and it would bog down on dips and bumps. we probably have to change the driving idle.

^we oughta try a couple other things.

yeah, man this o2 problem is driving me nuts, i just want it to be fixed, whatever RRE reponds with I will take it to them if needed be. I just want everything to work correctly

^that could be ONE of the major reasons its not working right. the extra load on the motor will make the O2 feedback change to accompany the new load. It will also change your LTFT if its that far out of whack...

...but right now you arent making ANY fuel trims... ...

id love to find out whats causing this to happen.

oh well we just have to wait till they get back with me, for the mean time gotta enjoy the AC. If worst comes to worst then I might go to the dealer to get it checked out.

bump... does anyone know what was causing the code?
    F/S AEM EMS for evo 8 $500 ! !