Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVO 03 w/ only a TBE and intake. Power gains with tuning?

Re: EVO 03 w/ only a TBE and intake. Power gains with tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by amak87
    Quote Originally Posted by CASH$ MONEY
    stop the talking, lets race.....

$

no shits and giggles here my friend.....

Money Talks

lol. ok. does your car even start?? I'll do a race as long as you have nothing more than your FP. but I will race you with any turbo you want, in a canyon.

ya, money talks. but does your car?? not only in a strait line?? lol
    Have a good day.
    MR. CARTER....<br /><br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by amak87
    stop the talking, lets race.....

$

no shits and giggles here my friend.....

Money Talks

lol. ok. does your car even start?? I'll do a race as long as you have nothing more than your FP. but I will race you with any turbo you want, in a canyon.

ya, money talks. but does your car?? not only in a strait line?? lol
    Have a good day.
    lol. your too funny.
    Engine- self tuned- 3&quot; custom stealth exhaust, RRE rally cat, Megan racing 3&quot; wrapped downpipe, PnP and Ceramic coated: exhaust mani, turbo hotside, and Invidia 02 housing, Perrin filter, Samco intake pipe, Spoolinup COP ignition kit, Hallman EX Pro @ 26psi, PnP and TDTL coated: intake mani, throttle body, crushed JDM BOV, ETS 3&quot; intercooler, i.c. piping, and turbo coldside, Walbro 255 f/p.<br />Suspension- Robispec basic springs, custom front camber/caster plates, WhiteLine: AR kit, SP kit, RBS kit, 24mm RSB, EnergySuspension: FSB bushings, FCA bushings, RTA bushings, on Nitto Nt05s

Quote Originally Posted by dastallion951
    started blowin white smoke on tt's dyno last week, found excessive oil buildup in my intercooler piping and intake.....but the white smoke happened at the end of the runs on the dyno... so either its gotta be my headgasket (hopefully)... or turbo, n not my bottom end on the evo.
    well, the excessive oil residue build up is most likey from your PVC system. Get a blow-by oil catcher w/ 2 cans for both sides of the valve cover exits.. Most likely you had very bad oil vapor blow-by and it could have fouled your turbo somehow. Does your car still perform well? Your just concerned with the white smoke?..
    Engine- self tuned- 3&quot; custom stealth exhaust, RRE rally cat, Megan racing 3&quot; wrapped downpipe, PnP and Ceramic coated: exhaust mani, turbo hotside, and Invidia 02 housing, Perrin filter, Samco intake pipe, Spoolinup COP ignition kit, Hallman EX Pro @ 26psi, PnP and TDTL coated: intake mani, throttle body, crushed JDM BOV, ETS 3&quot; intercooler, i.c. piping, and turbo coldside, Walbro 255 f/p.<br />Suspension- Robispec basic springs, custom front camber/caster plates, WhiteLine: AR kit, SP kit, RBS kit, 24mm RSB, EnergySuspension: FSB bushings, FCA bushings, RTA bushings, on Nitto Nt05s

amak where u stay at lil boy?
    MR. CARTER....<br /><br /><br />

Canyon Racer

well im Â*gonna buy an oil catch can...thats the next plan luckily for me a buddy of mine owns a smog shop.... my turbo works pretty good however this bein a dd.... if theres an issue id rather just go get it fixed....the sad thing is i work with cars for a living, yet dont have the freetime to fix my car... barely had time to put the mods on my car lol....but yea im gonna definitely pick up an oil catch can..yea im concerned with the white smoke......general indication of burning coolant somewhere ya know......can be a pricey fix.
    I&#039;M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME, NOT A LONG TIME.

amak where u stay at lil boy?
    ventura county, specifically simi valley. youre not too far. Come to the meet on thursday night.

ya, the oil catch can will help alot. make sure you get a dual catch can set up though. but didnt you say that the smoke is only after you let off the throttle?? if it was coolant, wouldnt it be constantly flowing?

Canyon Racer

thats what im thinkin too if it was in deed the head gasket...but ive got a stock headgasket n arp head studs sittin in my garage....saturated my timing belt with oil after i did my cams n before i fixed my oil leak...so my cars "goin under the knife" thurs at tuning tech for the 60k service.. then have them install the headgasket n studs... then have them do a couple engine checks on the motor( compression test, cylinder leakdown test and the like) so if the motors still good......then i think it might be time for an fpgreen and ditch this 03 9.8 hotside turbo

Quote Originally Posted by dastallion951
    thats what im thinkin too if it was in deed the head gasket...but ive got a stock headgasket n arp head studs sittin in my garage....saturated my timing belt with oil after i did my cams n before i fixed my oil leak...so my cars "goin under the knife" thurs at tuning tech for the 60k service.. then have them install the headgasket n studs... then have them do a couple engine checks on the motor( compression test, cylinder leakdown test and the like) so if the motors still good......then i think it might be time for an fpgreen and ditch this 03 9.8 hotside turbo
    ya, that turbo upgrade is a wise choice. well. best of luck for your service check. That shit can get expensive. And I'm guessing you saturated your timing belt w/ oil on accident from the Mivec Cam assembly right? lol

Canyon Racer

dude im not a newb.....lol im on an 03 evo im mivec free...actually the oil leak was coming from the valve cover gasket right where the covers are for the oil seals for the caps for the cams....n it was bad i had to pull the valve cover back off, i ended up re rtvin the whole valve cover gasket, and i thought it worked i didnt see a leak.. but apparently i missed it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Azian
    Quote Originally Posted by javicracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Azian
    Evo 8... 260 265 270 pushing it...

evo ix.. 320
    Evo IX FTMFW!!!!!
    Ben stay out of this, ur car is slower than a OZ rally, u dont count on this!!!!
    wait whos car is running?oh yah Not yours O0

hahahaha very funny Ben, wait a month and then will c!!!
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2557.JPG
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2556.JPG

i still can race u in my normal lancer with 100 shot of NOS
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2557.JPG
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2556.JPG

w00t! street racing to prove a point FTW!
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Canyon Racer

yea i know u two should settle it in the baskin robbins meet in mission grove shopping center......lol....

upgrade ur turbo then u can get like 300+ easy
    If you NEED some parts hit mee UP!!

Damn let this thread DIE already

Quote Originally Posted by littlejap33
    upgrade ur turbo then u can get like 300+ easy
    u dont have to do that evo 8:with cams,tbe and boom u got 300whp+
    Chyeah Boi!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123