Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life of a Stock CLutch Show your mileage.

Life of a Stock CLutch Show your mileage.

Hey guys/gals. I was wondering what's the life of a stock clutch? mention mileage when you started noticing any slippage or POWAAH MOds that caused premature failure. Also is it normal for a lil grinding on cold start driving from 1st to 2nd gear? I have an 06 MR with 13,343 miles and have just started to notice a lil grind on cold driving. ive driven the car normally, no track use, hard launch, redline shifting on occasions. Tell your stories.

Re: Life of a Stock CLutch Show your mileage.

2004 Evo8 and gone thru 3 turbo swaps...with the stock clutch still graspping...@ 50k miles...I don't track it nor launch it ocassional spirited drives here and there...
    <br />&quot;amat victoria curam&quot;

04 rs, 19,XXX feels the like new still
    RS STwhy? four doors, two seats, 23 psi of boost...

88kish miles before i decided to replace... 360whp at that time
    illuzionz 1.0

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9

ive never heard of a grinding problem for a evo before.....especially just becuz its cold....dont u have warranty on it i would call it in.....
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Evo 8 and Im at 50,000 Miles and Its gonna have to be replaced soon. But still ok for now

nice guys...keep it going...
    you know the grinding is when i take off from 1st to 2nd definitely after start up...its more like notchiness...but i do feel the synchros...on low rpms under 3k. but if i drive a bit hard no notching at all...its weird cause i've heard MR's are smooth as butter...i think ill take it in.

i notice that its a bit notchy when colr in my car as well. MY VIII did the same thing when it was coold.

My VIII had the stock clutch , all the way through 60k miles, and was holding strong. I sold it with that clutch in there. Car was putting down 320 wheel. A Launch here and there.... pretty rare. Spritied drives sometimes. Mainly got on it getting on the freeway, or quick 2nd 3rd gear pulls.
    <br />wat do i need ? i have 2 thousand dollars i fullexahaust system but i dont know wat else to get for my car my plan was a racing fuel pump buster controll racing headers and dyno tunes let me know. my friend was tellinh me about a turbo netic t 3 im kinda losing my mind wat should i do<br />
    <br /><br />
    <br />i grabbed my evo used. nd when i grab it. It was toon. nd i decided to put a bov so i think dat untuned my car nd i was wonderin where i may go to get it tuned nd stuff... so if ne can help me out thanx nd i live around ventura county, ca..thanks again

IX MR stock clutch @ 39,000 miles and perfectly fine. 300+ drag launches, Auto-X, numerous mountain runs. It's all about how you drive it. Stage 1.

mine got to 36k, i was the second owner and it was kind of "slipish" when i got it at 23k. had basic mods.
    Body Work Master.<br /><br />XBOX Live - Evo9GSR add me!!!<br />Parts for sale:http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...;topic=72056.0

Canyon Racer

mine had 49k............
    I&#039;M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME, NOT A LONG TIME.

49k 05' MR

58k 2005 VIII but clutch is starting to slip...any recommendations on a good clutch for track (road racing)

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Evo IX 49K miles still on stock clutch and working well.Â*Occasionally track the car and never launched. 383whp at the moment
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

03...37k miles when i replaced the clutch.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Evo IX with 20,000 on the clock with 330/320 at 21psi. Maybe eight drag pulls with a best of 1.7 in the 60ft at stock 5000rpm two-step...

-MattDennison

2009 REDLINE TIME ATTACK CHAMPION
    ROADRACEENGINEERING GARRETTTURBOS ROBISPEC SPOOLINUP MIL.SPEC FULLRACE ACTCLUTCHES GOPRO SPY+OPTICS ZEITRONIX KWSUSPENSION JACKSTRANSMISSION MIDNIGHTSQUAD

03 @ 41k with the whp listed below....i replaced mine just because i am planning on puttong on some more whp......oem clutch looked like it could have gone another 25 / 30k......maybe 1/2 worn.

Cars
    06 IX

[email protected] got me about 20 launches at the track.
    I like cars

Evolved
    Cars
    06 Evo 9 MR

06 MR with nearly 65k. Been tuned for nearly the entire life of the car 300+ whp. Over 100 launches, 2 track days, lots and lots of spirited driving. Pushing about 330 right now.

I got 60K out of my OEM clutch...a few launches...uncountable canyon runs and about 30 track days..I'm at around 76K now with another OEM clutch..tranny is getting notchy now when its cold but its smooth once its warm...I just drive him (my Evo) gently till his old bones get warmed up... I'm at 360hp/350tq or 320hp/312tq depending on who's dyno my car is on
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast