Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still want to buy a Ralliart ?

Re: Do you still want to buy a Ralliart ?

27k is too much. I was thinking this was going to be around 23-25MAX.

edit: for less than 27k u can get a clean ass low mileage IX. Shit, u can find a used X for close to 27k
    Awwwghhh! Zombies!

I dont understand why its being compared here. Its a nice offspring but its not close to a IX and def not a X. Its a competitor for the wrx and the mazdaspeed 3. I think they are like always fucking up advertising hoping that the difference will cause people to either load up the ralliart cause its cheaper than a X but they dont realize that there are a shitload of used 9s on the lots now and if people are real enthusiasts they are gonna get a 10000 mile used 9 with power and real handling over the "lancer not quite an evo" ralliart... I would get the ralliart galant over the lancer... damn nice car ...

Quote Originally Posted by skylinefolife

edit: for less than 27k u can get a clean ass low mileage IX. Shit, u can find a used X for close to 27k
    +1 i actually saw a used ww X on main st. in alhambra for sale. first time i saw it, it kinda caught me by surpise, i didn't realize someone would buy and get rid of their X already.
    for sale: injectors, wheels, tires, sway bar, coilovers, 02 housing and MORE<br /><br />http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=7 2840.msg7572875;topicseen#msg7572875

Quote Originally Posted by blkside
    I dont understand why its being compared here. Its a nice offspring but its not close to a IX and def not a X. Its a competitor for the wrx and the mazdaspeed 3. I think they are like always fucking up advertising hoping that the difference will cause people to either load up the ralliart cause its cheaper than a X but they dont realize that there are a shitload of used 9s on the lots now and if people are real enthusiasts they are gonna get a 10000 mile used 9 with power and real handling over the "lancer not quite an evo" ralliart... I would get the ralliart galant over the lancer... damn nice car ...
    I agree with you on this one. A buddy of mine bought a 2009 Galant Ralliart, and its really fucking nice. With its two tone leather, navi, heated seats, ralliart badges/dash trim/door scuffs, it pretty badass.
    RA Tails<br />Works Drop-In<br />Nisei UICP<br />ACT HDSS<br />RRE Dual Stealth Exhaust<br />RRE HFC<br />Tuned by Mike W.

Quote Originally Posted by me like jello
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinefolife

Galant Ralliarts are better IMHO
    HB had one on lot over a month ago and there are a couple at SC also. They most likeley didnt want to but couldnt afford it or just realized it was too much car.

+1 i actually saw a used ww X on main st. in alhambra for sale. first time i saw it, it kinda caught me by surpise, i didn't realize someone would buy and get rid of their X already.

now i know the lancer ralliart is pretty high from the reports.. but lets be real: if it wasnt for the evolution... would any of us have a "MITSUBISHI in the drive way"? I love my evo but i never thought about a Mitsu until my boy told me about evos. One a sidenote: now that I got an evo.. i cant even think about driving another car... for right now. lol
    Now that is how you drive.. from now on.. I want you to drive like that..... -Bad Boys I,II,III,ect...<br />

My first Mitsu was an 06 Outlander... lol but I bought it in prep for the matching EVO...

This will be the perfect car for the do it yourselfer. All you need is wrenching skills and patience. First thinks first is to ditch the wheels and tires. Second the suspension. Third the turbo. Forth the cams, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler. Fifth the brakes. Not necessary in this order but you get the idea. None of these cars will remain stock and since South Coast will whore these cars out like they do every EVO it makes a good business case.

If someone wants to stay OEM there is a good chance that the EVO VIII or IX brakes will bolt up. The MR suspension should be direct bolt in as well. Then the X turbo. These parts are usually available at reasonable prices on the internet.

Yeah so what your saying is finance 27K so you can pull 5K off the car in order to put 3K back on... hmm okay Or I can buy a used one for 26K from HB with 10K miles...

Patience is the key. There are always crack head deals on the net with EVO parts.

Yeah so what your saying is finance 27K so you can pull 5K off the car in order to put 3K back on... hmm okay Or I can buy a used one for 26K from HB with 10K miles...
    Tim,

The cars that you are talking about are not in the 27K range unless they are decked out. The SI with markups was going for that price...They are in the $20-$25k range.... $27k puts it over those prices. Its not competitive and the pricing is closer to Evo pricing at that point, or STI, or R32, or 350z which all those cars are better performers and have the items that are add ons on the ralliart.

Its missing the price point that makes sense. It needs to be $7k to $10k cheaper than the Evo at a base price. Kinda like the GTS is $47k to $10k cheaper than the Ralliart at base price.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

It should be no more than 21 base price and thats not sc hb price thats msrp. Loaded should be 27 otd and thats everything from floor mats to bars and braces and hids. Bottom line

It should be no more than 21 base price and thats not sc hb price thats msrp. Loaded should be 27 otd and thats everything from floor mats to bars and braces and hids. Bottom line
    $21k base and that would get my interest piqued
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

BTW blkside, your X looks sick. I need to lower my car.
    RA Tails<br />Works Drop-In<br />Nisei UICP<br />ACT HDSS<br />RRE Dual Stealth Exhaust<br />RRE HFC<br />Tuned by Mike W.

Yeah I have seen your car when it was at RRE.. Those are Eibach ProKits... Ill tell you where to get them 220 shipped...

I guess it's 27k because US dollar is weak?

While I would prefer a used Evo IX as well (well, I did buy one) but a newer car is a safer for us average folks that cannot tell how an used Evo is thrashed or not. The model probably is a good option for those who are not looking for the absolute best of the Lancer line up...

lol

^so thats why gas must b 4.50 for regular :*(
    Awwwghhh! Zombies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12