Thread: Fire in Porter Ranch - short cuts, detours, traffic...

Fire in Porter Ranch - short cuts, detours, traffic...

Hope everyone is ok. If you guys have any updates provide them here. Especially if certain highways, or roads are closed off in certain areas. If youre sitting in traffic, let us know so someone can potentially avoid them. And if you know of any short cuts in the area, post them up.
    Socal NASA<br />Super Touring 2<br />Evo 9 #415<br /><br />RRE<br />SCM

Evolved
    Cars
    WW IX MR, '14 F06, '14 F10, '07 Tundra CrewMax 4x4

Re: Fire in Porter Ranch - short cuts, detours, traffic...

118 is closed from Rocky Peak to Reseda as far as I know.

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV

WOW!

Good thing traffic isnt heavy today because of Columbus Day.
    *KTMotoring Tuned*

118 closure extends all the way west to Stearns in Simi I believe.

I see flames from my backyard

i see the flames too..im by the porter valley golf course..ive been breathing this damn smoke all day at work..even with the mask on, it fukkin sux..these are the times i actually hate workin at the shop..cant turn the a/c on at home cuz it just smells

well according to some coworkers, some of them live in simi, a few took the 405 to the 101 and go through moorpark to simi.. the other half took the 5, or even the old road, and took the 126..the 126 route supposedly was waaaay quicker, less traffic compared to the 101..
    Toyota/Lexus/Scion Certified Technician

You're basically f*&**.

Took me 3 hours to get from Simi to Northridge at 2pm yeseterday.

I cant believe the Valley is getting hit with unbearable smoke from more fires again. All the smoke is kicking my ass. I really want to leave the area but im afraid of the insane traffic that plagued us last time. Anyone else miserable from all this smoke?

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord

I'm in Riverside and I see this bigass cloud of smoke from my drivreway that looks like corona or somewhere near corona
    KT Motoring'Robispec

Fast cars drag race, fast drivers road race.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    I cant believe the Valley is getting hit with unbearable smoke from more fires again. All the smoke is kicking my ass. I really want to leave the area but im afraid of the insane traffic that plagued us last time. Anyone else miserable from all this smoke?
    im glad im not at work..the last fire about a month ago kicked my ass..all the smoke and ashes were literally in the shop..then had an asthma attack..lol..good luck guys..im headed to newport beach..fuck these fires
    Toyota/Lexus/Scion Certified Technician

We got evacuated at 3am this morning. Were able to return about 3PM. I thought we might actually lose our home this time. The smoke is still nearly unbearable where I am (Granada Hills near Sessnon). Here's hoping the wind will change direction and they get a handle on this soon.

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord

nvm the fire i was talkin about was in yorba linda/anaheim hills freeways 91/57/605 were all closed it traffic was hell on the 91 near the fire.
    KT Motoring'Robispec

Fast cars drag race, fast drivers road race.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF
    We got evacuated at 3am this morning. Were able to return about 3PM. I thought we might actually lose our home this time. The smoke is still nearly unbearable where I am (Granada Hills near Sessnon). Here's hoping the wind will change direction and they get a handle on this soon.
    You guys had to evacuate at 3am? How was that like? Where did you guys go? Im sure it was horrible to be displaced like that not knowing how your home was going to turn out. Hope everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Azian
    nvm the fire i was talkin about was in yorba linda/anaheim hills freeways 91/57/605 were all closed it traffic was hell on the 91 near the fire.
    Heard about those fires on the news also. Hope everyone is doing well.

We are in Granada Hills west of Balboa south of Sesnon. The experienc was surreal and reminded me of the aftermath of the Northrdge quake. Your brain just can't process what's going on right away. From the time the police came down our street we had about an hour before the smoke became unbearable. It was really frightening to leave your home and come to the reality that it may not be there when you get back. We ended up staying with family until late yesterday.