Thread: RPM's stay up after i put it in neutral??

RPM's stay up after i put it in neutral??

hey guys,

i noticed that at the dragstrip and doing pulls,when i push my clutch in,put it into neutral,the RPM's stay high.Then after a couple seconds,they drop.is this normal?I have a ACT HDSS clutch(not pucked) and RRE light flywheel.

For example.,when i was at the track,shifting at 7k rpm's,after 3rd gear i pop it into neutral,then it hovers at around 4k rpm's,then after about 5 seconds,it'll slowly go down.

thanks in advance O0

pj :mitsu:
    <br />&quot;This is my evo;there are many like it,but this one is mine.My evo is my bestfriend.It is my life;I must master it like I must master my life.Without me,my evo is useless.Without my evo,I am useless.I must streetrace my evo true.I must drive straighter than my enemy who is trying to run me.I must beat him before he beats me;I WILL.&quot;<br /><br /><br />i promise im stock officer!

Massimo Power

Re: RPM's stay up after i put it in neutral??

Idle air control valve...

It happens on all Evos under certain conditions... nothing to be alarmed about. I havent been with the IN crowd as far as tuning so im not sure if there is some type of fix for it yet.. last time i checked u just have to live with it...

ooh ok.so its nothing to be TOO concerned about?when i had my stock clutch and stock flywheel,it never happened to me.i was thinking it had to do something with the liteweight flywheel.

thanks for the response!!!!!!
    <br />&quot;This is my evo;there are many like it,but this one is mine.My evo is my bestfriend.It is my life;I must master it like I must master my life.Without me,my evo is useless.Without my evo,I am useless.I must streetrace my evo true.I must drive straighter than my enemy who is trying to run me.I must beat him before he beats me;I WILL.&quot;<br /><br /><br />i promise im stock officer!

yea i have that happen as well... a few of my buddies do too... so no worries.

at least its not like hondas where the IAC makes it rev up and down constantly
    <br />wat do i need ? i have 2 thousand dollars i fullexahaust system but i dont know wat else to get for my car my plan was a racing fuel pump buster controll racing headers and dyno tunes let me know. my friend was tellinh me about a turbo netic t 3 im kinda losing my mind wat should i do<br />
    <br /><br />
    <br />i grabbed my evo used. nd when i grab it. It was toon. nd i decided to put a bov so i think dat untuned my car nd i was wonderin where i may go to get it tuned nd stuff... so if ne can help me out thanx nd i live around ventura county, ca..thanks again

is it possible that its dirty? cant you just clean it?

I have the same issue here u just have to live with it lol well i have since 05 lol .... Mitsubishi did it as an emission idk y but they did.....

i have also experiences this problem with an 05. i just replaced the piece of course and problem gone. you can also clean your tb while doing it. :twisted: :mitsu:
    VIII MR/stock turbo/supertech valvetrain/ARP headstuds/hks 272 in.ex/hks racing suction reloaded/tomei jdm bov/invidia straight-thru/gReddy o2 housing/24psi

so we should just replace the IAC if we should face this?
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

no not necissarily. and come to think of it i didnt even replace mine(it was another part), i cleaned my tb and the control valve thouroghly along with triple checking all vacuum lines and it rid me of the problem :twisted: :mitsu:
    VIII MR/stock turbo/supertech valvetrain/ARP headstuds/hks 272 in.ex/hks racing suction reloaded/tomei jdm bov/invidia straight-thru/gReddy o2 housing/24psi