Thread: the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

Well... here is the oringal thread on the evom,

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-aud...n-display.html

So, my buddy finally have time to help me out last night, and we did it last night in 6 hours (11-5am).. and we finally got it.. it wasn't perfect, but it's workingÂ*

You would need...

JDM Double Din bezel $60
    Radio Relocation Kit $40
    Plastic Space/scrwes $5
    Dremel $$
    Time $$$$$

Since the evom thread pretty much sums up everything, I will just share my experience..

Open up your center console, remove headunit, unplug everything,Â* then unscrew the hvac, remove the two power connector in the middle and two steel line connecting the hvac.
    Moving the two steel line was a major pain in the ass for me, because of the clips..

Once that's removed, remove the two screw that's holding the bottom housing, and take that out, and cut the two screws/pin on both side that would prevent the hvac unit for sliding in.
    Cut the spacer to proper length so your hvac would sit in properly.

Now, take the radio relocation kit, and dremel out the middle part, so the hvac control buttons would fit in, and now you dremel the shit out of the center piece, cut off the climate control, and cut off all the plastic shit on the back and side, then trimmed it and sand it some more to fit in to the radio relocation kit housing.

Here is what it looks like,

Then now it is just matter of installing the navi unit, all the wiring, etc etc...

and end result ..

Some spacing around the navi..

In the middle of hacking the navi..

View of the bottom piece and navi..

Final Thought

Overall, given the choice again, I think I rather spend the money to buy an orbital kit, because cutting the climate control to fits is like the bitchest job ever ! Glad my friend got a steady handÂ* O0
    But hey, I got myself a navi and I am happy, so if you want a navi in your evo, and don't want to wait for the orbital kit v2 or any other bullshit, just do it yourself , but just have some mad patients...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0m7t71047dbqdi  <- Evo IX Manual

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Wicked White / 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage to Evo V Conversion

Re: the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

Seeing as Orbital Kits are hard to come by. I must say this is a good solution for it. Plus I have seen the Orbital Kit and the Trim on it for some reason doesn't look like it matches the rest of the car. But I have shitty vision so I may be wrong. Nice Write Up :)
    SHAKE AND BAKE

i installed a navi on my friends car (Diego) and it was a biotch but it came out nice

great job! it looks good. BALLIN!!!

wow, your fitment on the navi is perfect... is it because you have a outter bracket to seal off the gap ?
    very nice job indeed ! HVAC looks very good !
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0m7t71047dbqdi  <- Evo IX Manual

Looks good...what you should do is take off the HVAC stickers and paint the whole bottompiece and then place the stickers back on....will be the icing on the cake :D

I love these write-up's. I was just thinking of doing this the other day since I can't find a kit anywhere.