Thread: Driving...Car popped out of gear

Driving...Car popped out of gear

so im going the back way to mt. high yesterday and its all up hill and im cruising in 4th.

all of a sudden my car popped out of gear and went into neutral.

anyone know how this happened or if anything is wrong? my car has very stiff track suspension and you feel every little bump/vibration from the engine and road. the shifter vibrates if you hold onto it you can feel it and when i was going up after that if i didnt hold it, it felt like it was shaking and trying to go into neutral.

went and boarded and when i came back down the mountain and drove home there was no problems at all.
    youngandreckless.com<br />twitter.com/yngandreckless<br />twitter.com/dm00re<br />instagram: dm00re<br /><br /><br /><br />335whp/312tq on 91 (dynojet)<br />424whp/415tq on e85 (dynojet)

Re: Driving...Car popped out of gear

if it happens alot usally means a bad syncro...but once might be a fluke...

ooh ok.

i was thinking about it and i thought it might be from my motor mounts? i get alot of movement during my shifts from being in gear and then putting it into the next one. and i thought maybe because of the vibration and it shifting, thought it could have caused this.
    youngandreckless.com<br />twitter.com/yngandreckless<br />twitter.com/dm00re<br />instagram: dm00re<br /><br /><br /><br />335whp/312tq on 91 (dynojet)<br />424whp/415tq on e85 (dynojet)

If it happens again, I would definitely get it checked out. I've had my gear shifter pop out before, but that's because I didn't put it in completely.