Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Muellerized... Fender Rolling/Clearancing for Big Wheel/Tire Packages

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Re: Muellerized... Fender Rolling/Clearancing for Big Wheel/Tire Packages

Do it!!!
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by Muellerized...
    Quote Originally Posted by jo3y
    I need to get an allignment soon and my buddy needs someone that actually knows what they are doing to check out his 300zx. No one can tell him the problem. We have went to so many people and they all just end up saying "we don't know what's wrong with it" think you guys can help? Problem is we just can't get the wheels to clear the fenders, car keeps raising and lowering when turning...

or can I have a price to look at it?

Thanks
    Please email [email protected] for an appointment. I did setup and prepared the suspension for a scca divisional champion 300zx in the early 1990s, not a problem to help your friend solve his issue, would like to see the car in person before i quote any prices. He can work directly with orlando to get us the info required to go further.

thanks.
    Thanks for the quick response. We will get that email out, and figure out a way to get his car our there.
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    Common Orlando/John
    I want to fit my ix with some 17x10 with r888 275/40/17
    or some 17x9.5 let's make it happen hahahhaha I want to run something wider than a17x9 for the track with some nice r888
    do it!!! Wider fenders upfront ??!! 15mm and how much fender work and off set on the rear!!?!
    Common Orlando/John
    I want to fit my ix with some 17x10 with r888 275/40/17
    or some 17x9.5 let's make it happen hahahhaha I want to run something wider than a17x9 for the track with some nice r888
    do it!!! Wider fenders upfront ??!! 15mm and how much fender work and off set on the rear!!?!
    Goku,

At some point you switched from wanting us at Muellerized to give you our answer and instead now want to hear "your answer" parroted back to you.

This doesn't work.Â* In our world we can do amazing things, but within the limitations of the reality staring us in the face.

John said I can quote him on this.Â* "We have told Goku more times than I can count that 17x10 won't work, why is he asking?"

Here is a picture of a 17x9.5" +38 offset wheel with a 255/40/17 Toyo RA1 (run a little narrower than the R888 FYI) and you can see the total lack of clearance to the rear inner control arm.Â* With this relatively skinny tire, it still needed fender rolling on the outside.Â* Now you're talking about adding well over 10mm of width to each side of the tire and 6.35 mm to each side of the wheel and have it all work?

17x9 +35 offset is what you want.Â* We have had zero problems running that wheel with as large as a 275 R888 with some significant fender rolling (3.5 to 4 hours).

If you want to run 9.5 then go 18x9.5 +35 as it places the wheel in a much better spot versus the rear inner control arm.

17x10 (while a waste of time/money in the first place just to run a 275 tire) in the offset you'd need to clear the rear control arms would likely require a full widebody rear or you'd have to run it with severely limited suspension travel so the car wouldn't handle or ride comfortably AT ALL.

Goku, if you want us to lie to you and repeat your desired answer back to you, we are not that shop.Â* There are a litany of shops in Southern California that will lie to you in order to make a sale.Â* We just aren't one of them and will never be.

EDIT: Wrote inches instead of millimeter referencing wheel width differences in example versus Goku's desired size.
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

Expert service and suspension work, including insurance repairs professional competition driver coaching and chassis development, our engines and chassis have won in SCCA/NASA/IMSA/FIA road racing, SCORE Off Road, SCCA ProRally Shock dyno service, MIG/TIG welding, tube bending/fabrication, race engine configuration
    30 years experience

Quote Originally Posted by blkside
    Im looking to tuck some meat. Shit Im looking to tuck so much meat I am thinking of fender flares and chopping my fenders up.. shit its just a car.. good project...
    For the sake of your paint and smooth fender lines, we'd much prefer you go with something not too extreme. The work that must be done even under a fender flare/widebody kit is no picnic and it's not really very reversible. What are you thinking of?

"Tuck some meat"

I'll just leave that one alone.

Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

Expert service and suspension work, including insurance repairs professional competition driver coaching and chassis development, our engines and chassis have won in SCCA/NASA/IMSA/FIA road racing, SCORE Off Road, SCCA ProRally Shock dyno service, MIG/TIG welding, tube bending/fabrication, race engine configuration
    30 years experience

Cars
    Too Many!

No comment on that one..... Its just all kinds of bad !!!!!

As far as Tim's evo I do have a plan in place to modify the evo x body to fit extremely large tires, just been waiting for the right opportunity...
    John Mueller www.muellerized.com
    30 years experience

Cars

Goku, if you want us to lie to you and repeat your desired answer back to you, we are not that shop. There are a litany of shops in Southern California that will lie to you in order to make a sale. We just aren't one of them and will never be.
    JEEZ!!! you swear like this is my very first time modding an evo... Common!!! and this if my very first time getting work done at your shop... :roll:
    Just because we have a lot more off set out there than what with originally started back in 03, it doesn't mean something can not absolutely be done..
    I understand theres a bit of work to be done, I have cleared 275s non R888 on my car with your recommended wheel and off set :roll: and of course you took care of the work...
    now i'm looking at what can be done even with some modifications done to the fenders.
    the front most likely will get a 15mm wide front fender and an aggressive off set isnt the problem there in order to clear the suspension..
    the rear is a bit of a challenge, you can always go more aggressive off set but it means more risk of no clearance on the rear fenders...
    now, I'm quite aware of that.. I plan to take the car to a body shop and have the rear pulled (more than what you guys did in the past) about 10-15mm (depending on what the body guy tells me he can clear)
    once that is done, lets see if we can clear at least a 17x9.5 wheel.. off set to be determine..
    Would love realistically to clear a 17x10 but im afraid that high , control arm, fenders not being stretch out enough plus other things wont be on my side..
    so looking for an ok wheel price wise (track wheel) to make a 17x9.5 and the correct off set be the problem..
    now i can always say F it!!!! and run the recommend it size for the mean time, till i figure whether i want a voltex rear fenders or what ...
    n
    i need to stop by so i can give john a hard time like always... LOL
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Cars
    Too Many!

You need to be banned from Muellerized...Â* The dog should bite u just for being ghey.

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by FUEL
    You need to be banned from Muellerized... The dog should bit u just for being ghey.
    n u should be sleeping your point ???

Goku, if you want us to lie to you and repeat your desired answer back to you, we are not that shop. There are a litany of shops in Southern California that will lie to you in order to make a sale. We just aren't one of them and will never be.
    JEEZ!!! you swear like this is my very first time modding an evo... Common!!! and this if my very first time getting work done at your shop... :roll:
    Just because we have a lot more off set out there than what with originally started back in 03, it doesn't mean something can not absolutely be done..
    I understand theres a bit of work to be done, I have cleared 275s non R888 on my car with your recommended wheel and off set :roll: and of course you took care of the work...
    now i'm looking at what can be done even with some modifications done to the fenders.
    the front most likely will get a 15mm wide front fender and an aggressive off set isnt the problem there in order to clear the suspension..
    the rear is a bit of a challenge, you can always go more aggressive off set but it means more risk of no clearance on the rear fenders...
    now, I'm quite aware of that.. I plan to take the car to a body shop and have the rear pulled (more than what you guys did in the past) about 10-15mm (depending on what the body guy tells me he can clear)
    once that is done, lets see if we can clear at least a 17x9.5 wheel.. off set to be determine..
    Would love realistically to clear a 17x10 but im afraid that high , control arm, fenders not being stretch out enough plus other things wont be on my side..
    so looking for an ok wheel price wise (track wheel) to make a 17x9.5 and the correct off set be the problem..
    now i can always say F it!!!! and run the recommend it size for the mean time, till i figure whether i want a voltex rear fenders or what ...
    n
    i need to stop by so i can give john a hard time like always... LOL
    you do not need a body shop to mod the fenders, we can do it all. The key part is the paint will have to be touched up after we are done, unlike using a recommended wheel that fits an evo.

I am looking forward to seeing you tomas, it has been a while.
    John Mueller www.muellerized.com
    30 years experience

Sent 2 emails yesterday. waiting for reply =)
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

Cars

Thanks!!! N perhaps I will stop by before I decide to do anything via body shop.
    Now about the paint, that's something I expected on the rear pannels. The oem paint will stretch only up to a certain point.
    Now I can look into some rpf1 hehe or any other wide wheel with an aggressive off set. I just néed to know based on how far the pannels can be pulled what my limitations on off set r in order to select a track wheel ( tires would def would be r888, like mentioned before)

I think anything is possible if there is Money involved With the right kind of price, then the do it right motto just goes out the door :roll: I'm sure there is many ways Goku^^^ can push it to the limits but with this time of age and how evolved the Forum(slowly) has become it's a pain in the ear to have a shop say no :-\ but then again that Muellerize empire will be on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by aguilar45
    I think anything is possible if there is Money involved With the right kind of price, then the do it right motto just goes out the door :roll: I'm sure there is many ways Goku^^^ can push it to the limits but with this time of age and how evolved the Forum(slowly) has become it's a pain in the ear to have a shop say no :-\ but then again that Muellerize empire will be on the line.
    Our point was more that our answer has not changed.Â* What he wants to do is possible, yes, but it depends on all the details involved.Â* If he chooses too big of a size or an incorrect enough offset, all manner of practicality issues can rear their ugly heads.

With a full widebody kit and extensive body/paint work we have fit as large as 315 hoosiers all around on the Evo 8/9 chassis.

Nothing is truly impossible, but most of us are dealing with a very practical budget and the physical limitations/specifications can't be ignored.
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

30 years experience

Cars

Mueller/Orlando know where I'm coming from.
    My goal is to run a 17x10 (off set to be determine) wheel for street and track,.. with some R888 due to how wide they are compare to other same 275s tires,.. If they clear those they will clear anything within the 275 size ..
    The reason why off set to be determine is because the wrong off set in such aggressive width can push things even further and make things a lot more difficult than needed .. Aside the fact im giving John a headache to begin with LOL
    like running something of this nature is just retarted ... LOL
    18x10.5+15 off set.. the +15 off set is a killer unless you go wide body,... there's no way you will clear unless you add a wide body to this set up...

My goal is to run a 17x10 (off set to be determine) wheel for street and track,.. with some R888 due to how wide they are compare to other same 275s tires,.. If they clear those they will clear anything within the 275 size ..
    The reason why off set to be determine is because the wrong off set in such aggressive width can push things even further and make things a lot more difficult than needed .. Aside the fact im giving John a headache to begin with LOL
    18x10.5+15 off set.. the +15 off set is a killer unless you go wide body,... there's no way you will clear unless you add a wide body to this set up...

Haha, nice picture Goku!Â* Who is ready to do some 4x4 muddin'? :D
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

30 years experience

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! HE MUST CRUNCHED SOME WRONG NUMBERS

More fender rolling goodness.Â* Customer today wanted to see pictures of his fender rolling before/after and thought I should update the thread.Â* I am happy to oblige :)

BEFORE FENDER ROLLING (measurement process) - Mock-up suspension installed and customer's wheel/tire package cycled through partial suspension stroke in order to measure clearance necessary for full suspension travel.Â* Advan RGII 17x9 +29 offset Wheel with Nitto NT05 275/40/17 Tire w/ Muellerized Skunk2 Pro-C Coilover Suspension.

AFTER FENDER MEASUREMENT/CLEARANCE/ROLLING - This is with the wheel/tire and mockup suspension stroked through full range of the suspension travel to confirm clearance with customer's wheel/tire package.Â* Advan RGII 17x9 +29 offset Wheel with Nitto NT05 275/40/17 Tire w/ Muellerized Skunk2 Pro-C Coilover Suspension.

NOTE: This is a 6+ hour fender rolling job!

-
    Orlando Rojas
    Operations Manager
    [email protected]
    Phone: (714) 850-1670
    Fax:Â* Â*(714) 850-1690
    Visit Muellerized.com
    Phone Hours: 10-6 PST
    Monday through Friday
    (Sat. by appointment)
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

30 years experience

Cars

Great job like always!!!
    I gotta stop buy and have a few things done to my evo ( alignment) fit my set up properly both street/ track tire combo.
    Thanks for posting pictures on actual clearance and not myth.

wheres the pics of mine?
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast