Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wrong VIN on my car

wrong VIN on my car

I have a 2006 Evolution IX GSR that i bought brand new from S. Coast Mitsu.

Funny thing I noticed a while back when I was paying my insurance, apparently my VIN states my car is a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution MR. Back then I called my insurance up and they said that that VIN is for an MR but that it wouldn't make a difference on my insurance.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I am thinking about selling my car, would this make any difference?

Re: wrong VIN on my car

Well if your rates aren't going up then leave it. If anything happens, they'll pay you the MR's price.

The only difference I can think of would be value of the car, since on the Kelly Blue Book MRs are worth more.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1crazyEvo
    The only difference I can think of would be value of the car, since on the Kelly Blue Book MRs are worth more.....
    yeah that's what i thought but my cars a GSR so I doubt I'll get the value of an MR since it's missing everything that would make it an MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenus
    Well if your rates aren't going up then leave it. If anything happens, they'll pay you the MR's price.
    Yeah as I said the insurance company said it wouldnt make a difference.

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if I would run into any problems if I tried to sell it since people ask for VIN's to do a carfax or check the history of the car.

At least I have all the paperwork from S. Coast when I bought my car that states the VIN, Make, Model and lists its features.

odd

Quote Originally Posted by newbieevo
    odd
    yep, pretty odd.

Just make sure it matches your car 100% or they can't cover it under an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenus
    Just make sure it matches your car 100% or they can't cover it under an accident.
    yep, everything matches. it's just the MR/GSR mix up.

is your car a 5-speed? or 6-speed? does it have an aluminum roof? or steel?

Quote Originally Posted by antics22
    is your car a 5-speed? or 6-speed? does it have an aluminum roof? or steel?
    i said it was a GSR. come on, give me some credit i would know if my car was a GSR or MR.

and when i say brand new from s. coast, i mean i bought my car brand new, back in july 2006. i am the first and only owner of this car. the vin is the same as it was when i drove off the lot.

i just thought it was unusual my insurance company would have this VIN identified as an MR instead of a GSR which it is.

Massimo Power

Double check that the insurance has the correct last couple digits on the car... if it comes up as a MR for them still call the dealer and give them the vin and see if it comes up as an MR in their system... if not then you know the insurance is retarded.. lol

odd +3

pop your vin into google and hit search. Â*the first link will be for carfax... click on that. Â* the basic description of the car should be listed. Â*Im curious if that will state its an MR or not. Â*If NOT, then your insurance company has it listed incorrectly on their end.

How am i supposed to know if you knew the differences between and MR and a GSR? Â*I dont know you. You dont know me. Â*The the chillz pillz homie. Â*Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Power
    Double check that the insurance has the correct last couple digits on the car... if it comes up as a MR for them still call the dealer and give them the vin and see if it comes up as an MR in their system... if not then you know the insurance is retarded.. lol

odd +3
    lol did that, it's been like this on both my insurances. i had mercury then switched to all state, same thing.

in addition, if you want to, pm me your vin and i can run it at work tomorrow to see what comes up. Im an auto broker and can research your vin for you if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by antics22
    pop your vin into google and hit search. Â*the first link will be for carfax... click on that. Â* the basic description of the car should be listed. Â*Im curious if that will state its an MR or not. Â*If NOT, then your insurance company has it listed incorrectly on their end.

How am i supposed to know if you knew the differences between and MR and a GSR? Â*I dont know you. You dont know me. Â*The the chillz pillz homie. Â*Good luck.
    did the google thing, doesnt state MR or GSR.

I said my car was a GSR and as someone said, that maybe I'll get the value of an MR based on kelly blue book, but which I replied I wouldn't because my car is Â*GSR and does not have the MR options, that would imply that I know the difference between the two models.

And no I don't know you and you don't know me.

Massimo Power

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

:D

lol, i find it funny he told me to take a chill pill. all i said was give me some credit here. i mean come on, i been on this forum since 2006 and i've had the car going on 3 years. i think most people that own the car for this long and have been on this forum would know what kind of car they drive.

and add in the fact im posting a thread about the MR/GSR mix up would imply i know the difference between the 2 cars.

like i said, if you want you can pm me your vin, i can check it at work AND i can have my co-worker (insurance broker that sits RIGHT next to me) x-check your vin tomorrow morning.

I know for a fact that for the X, the MR has a higher risk designation so coverages are a little different value-wise.Â* Â*Say your car gets stolen, your "MR" GSR will actually net you a higher appraised value than what you really had.Â* Â*It actually plays to your favor.Â* Â*

and if you're worried (lol since you dont know me and I dont know you) Im sure u can ask Terenus the moderator as well as several others about my legitimacy.

I work for Autoland.com and my co-worker here works for Armtrong & associates Insurance Brokers... We sit next to each other and run vins all day long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast