Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wrong VIN on my car

Re: wrong VIN on my car

Quote Originally Posted by antics22
    like i said, if you want you can pm me your vin, i can check it at work AND i can have my co-worker (insurance broker that sits RIGHT next to me) x-check your vin tomorrow morning.

I know for a fact that for the X, the MR has a higher risk designation so coverages are a little different value-wise. Say your car gets stolen, your "MR" GSR will actually net you a higher appraised value than what you really had. It actually plays to your favor.
    yeah that's what i figured, i was just wondering if it would cause any confusion when or if i choose to sell my car since people like to ask for VIN's and check out the history before buying. oh well. thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind.

you work for autoland? how is it there, i was thinking about applying there lol.

ive been at Autoland for 5 years now. I quit Morgan Stanley to come work for them so that should tell you how lucrative it can be :)

I have a 2008 Evo X MR, my vin shows GSR... My wife works in insurance and she puts the vin in the system and it comes up as a GSR... She contacted a rep at Mitsu to see what they would say because of the whole coverage thing... they told her that when in production a certain amount of bodies are made and than the vins are put on the bodies... depending on the order, mitsu will put MR tranny and extras in a Vin'd GSR body if at the time they dont have any MR vins available at time of order.. the same goes for the GSR in a MR vin'd body....

Quote Originally Posted by XMRGUY
    I have a 2008 Evo X MR, my vin shows GSR... My wife works in insurance and she puts the vin in the system and it comes up as a GSR... She contacted a rep at Mitsu to see what they would say because of the whole coverage thing... they told her that when in production a certain amount of bodies are made and than the vins are put on the bodies... depending on the order, mitsu will put MR tranny and extras in a Vin'd GSR body if at the time they dont have any MR vins available at time of order.. the same goes for the GSR in a MR vin'd body....
    interesting.

I am not sure if this applies but I know when I try to book out a car by vin, all evo's show as GSR and I will have to change it to the MR option for an accurate value. I am not too sure why this happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12