Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How should we treat our immigrants?

Re: How should we treat our immigrants?

u know it!
    fuck evo's

Quote Originally Posted by pikadosboy
    I'm so sick and tired of people like you, that are SO narrow-minded and can't see the bigger picture!! First of all, don't talk to me about illegal immigrants taking jobs that our "citizens" would do! I want you to show me ONE, just ONE, white person that is willing to go into a field and pick vegetables!! Secondly, how DARE you criticize people who want nothing more than to provide the BASICS for their families, that WE take for granted EVERY day; food, shelter, hot water! Have you ever gone without food, or listened to a child cry because they are hungry and you know you can't do ANYTHING about it? I didn't think so! So before you start spouting off about your rights as an American, why don't you bring yourself down a notch, and just be a human being!!
    still dont see how that makes it right to come over here illegally and fore-go the IRS and La Migra because one's family suffers. granted your family might be sufferring, but you said it yourself, not everyone can be so lucky.

Have you been paying any attention lately? there are soooo many "professionals" [people that ARE citizens, with degrees, that can positively add to our society] without work now...im sure, given a tough enough financial situation, they'd bite it and take a ass-busting 9-5.

to the OP, immigrants should be treated with respect. they are people. if they are of the illegal variety, they are trash to us. if they are tourists, talk real loud and slow as you try to make hand motions as to what you are saying.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by j_nizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by pikadosboy
    I'm so sick and tired of people like you, that are SO narrow-minded and can't see the bigger picture!! First of all, don't talk to me about illegal immigrants taking jobs that our "citizens" would do! I want you to show me ONE, just ONE, white person that is willing to go into a field and pick vegetables!! Secondly, how DARE you criticize people who want nothing more than to provide the BASICS for their families, that WE take for granted EVERY day; food, shelter, hot water! Have you ever gone without food, or listened to a child cry because they are hungry and you know you can't do ANYTHING about it? I didn't think so! So before you start spouting off about your rights as an American, why don't you bring yourself down a notch, and just be a human being!!
    still dont see how that makes it right to come over here illegally and fore-go the IRS and La Migra because one's family suffers. granted your family might be sufferring, but you said it yourself, not everyone can be so lucky.

Have you been paying any attention lately? there are soooo many "professionals" [people that ARE citizens, with degrees, that can positively add to our society] without work now...im sure, given a tough enough financial situation, they'd bite it and take a ass-busting 9-5.

to the OP, immigrants should be treated with respect. they are people. if they are of the illegal variety, they are trash to us. if they are tourists, talk real loud and slow as you try to make hand motions as to what you are saying.
    Wow! Are you for real?! You're TOO easy, dude. I want to start by saying that my I'M WHITE!!! My name is WALTERS! My family isn't suffering; they are actually pretty well off, and they're all "citizens". The thing is, my parents raised ME right! I actually happen to think that ALL humans are created equal, and I have compassion for those who are less fortunate. What makes you (and others like you), think that the color of your SKIN or where you just HAPPENED to be LUCKY enough to be born makes you better than ANYONE else?!?! Also, lets get something straight. First of all, working on your knees in a field in the sun for 12 hours ISN'T a 9-5 job, and I don't see ONE of these "professional citizens" (that you guys keep speaking of), doing these jobs after they lose their corporate jobs!! Also, I want to take a WILD guess and say that you aren't calling these ILLEGAL immigrants TRASH when they are cooking your food in a restaurant, or detailing the evo that your dad bought you!! For all of the obviously sheltered, blind, so-cal brats, I would like to make a suggestion. Why don't you go to one of the 100's of countries ravaged by poverty and spend a week sleeping on a piece of cardboard and not having even ONE bite of food! Then come back here, to this country, and show some APPRECIATION for all the privileges you enjoy (even though YOU haven't earned them) !!!!
    I feel sorry for people like you!!

Quote Originally Posted by 335eater
    u know it!
    pikadosboy is dead on! You're no asset to this country: people like you are what make the rest of the world look down on us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1
    I feel sorry for people like you!!
    im not white...i am, in fact, first generation american. i have compassion for human beings that are courteous to others...not those that take advantage of a broken system that despite the fact both my parents fought too long and hard to be a part of the LEGAL way.

i still dont see your point...AMERICANS are suffering as it is. why do we as a country/as people need to take care of everyone else? i dont need to go to another country to see sufferring/poverty/hunger/frustration.

do you work in a field for 12 hours? do you sleep on a piece of cardboard...i know for a fact veterans of war...american heros have to do that in some parts of our country. the illegal immigrants in this country most certainly dont do that...they have houses.

it doesnt bother one bit that some people in this country cant get out of their situation because there is a paper trail that follows them? whereas illegals can just stow away somewhere, land as they please while desperate business owners scoop them up and provide work for them to save their own money?

in the mean time, i'll detail my own evo, that i bought...and enjoy the food that i cook myself.

Don't be a hypocrite! You have no concept of what compassion is! As I ALREADY said, I come from a well-to-do family, and I have NEVER gone hungry or had to sleep on the ground! However, I have personally done work in places where I witnessed these things FIRST HAND! And lets clarify something: NO ONE, that lives in this country today (unless they ARE an immigrant) knows what real suffering or hunger or poverty is! US citizens have access to social services that no other country on this PLANET provide! If a Mexican or South African family can't feed their kids, do u think that they can go to the local shelter for a hot meal or place to sleep? No! Because they don't have that option! And for your information, EVERY person who comes here illegally dreams of becoming a citizen like your parents; they WANT to pay taxes and contribute to this country! People like YOU are the ones that keep them illegal!
    If you truly are a first generation American then SHAME ON YOU!! Don't sit there and insult my intelligence by saying the things like "I enjoy the food cook myself"! You are quick to enjoy the services provides by "trashy illegals", and then quick to badmouth them!
    It's pathetic!!

Cars
    Evo 9 MR/Infiniti I30t/Toyota Highlander

Don't be a hypocrite! You have no concept of what compassion is! As I ALREADY said, I come from a well-to-do family, and I have NEVER gone hungry or had to sleep on the ground! However, I have personally done work in places where I witnessed these things FIRST HAND! And lets clarify something: NO ONE, that lives in this country today (unless they ARE an immigrant) knows what real suffering or hunger or poverty is! US citizens have access to social services that no other country on this PLANET provide! If a Mexican or South African family can't feed their kids, do u think that they can go to the local shelter for a hot meal or place to sleep? No! Because they don't have that option! And for your information, EVERY person who comes here illegally dreams of becoming a citizen like your parents; they WANT to pay taxes and contribute to this country! People like YOU are the ones that keep them illegal!
    If you truly are a first generation American then SHAME ON YOU!! Don't sit there and insult my intelligence by saying the things like "I enjoy the food cook myself"! You are quick to enjoy the services provides by "trashy illegals", and then quick to badmouth them!
    It's pathetic!!
    Sorry nizzle but you got da ownzed!!!

It's pathetic!!
    then why do you choose to stay in the US? why not go to the source and help there? i believe the key is to solve problems/issues in our own country before we can span out to help others...we simply cant take everyone in that wants in. in a perfect world, that would be the case, but in your opinion, because i live in this world...that isnt the case.

i dont see how you can generalize and speak for all illegal immigrants...i can understand that some arent allowed by their country to simply leave and have their countries grant them the necessary paperwork to come here but what about illegals that could care less? if i were to generalize in the sense that "EVERY illegal wants to become a part of the system", is it safe to say that, "EVERY illegal is a drug dealer/terrorist/murderer"?

dont get me wrong, im not trying to say, "if you side with them, then join them...in their country," however, im curious as to what your point is. seems kind of awkward that you magically join this site to badmouth the opinions of people in this thread especially when the thread specifically asks for opinions...not necessarily thoughts on others' opinions.

you helped people in mexico and south africa im assuming...i helped people build houses in the ghettos of Louisiana, outside downtown San Francisco volunteering at a homeless shelter, serving food to homeless people in Santa Ana at a food bank. i get my stance from observing that 99% of the people there were NOT illegal or even immigrants for that matter.

You can "Shame on Me" all you want...but home is where the heart is. i figure we do something our country before we step it up and cares what the world has to think or say.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

John
    Have you ever asked yourself this simple question
    Why do immigrants consider the USA to be the promise land??
    Why take dangerous risk in placing even at times their entire family's life in jeopardy just to make it across the border and take the chance in perhaps getting a job and maintaining the job before anything and everything goes wrong? why to people in 3rd countries consider or think of having such a privilege in being in the good old USA ???

Regardless how anyone might feels torses illegals and people trying to find a different way of living,Â* having immigrants in the states is a reality. Does a good % of them contribute in cheap labor and allow to a certain extend of the word provide cheaper prices for items like produce among other things? perhaps,
    but the matter of the fact is that in the early 80'S 90s and even early 00'Sthe US presented to be the solution to everything in the 3rd world countries. Just like a big brother.. For people to consider even risking their life just to have a an opportunity to make it to the so called "promise land".
    The US has carry themselves for years in latin america as that.. a land full or sources and unlimited opportunity that has called everyones attention in trying to make it here.
    Even with jobs as simple as cheap labor, a well budget family can survive and continue forward vs the poverty they face in their country. If the gov can find a way to tax all this so called immigrants, then this issue wouldnt be as bad as people make it seemed.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Tomas, the simple fact is that the US isnt what it used to be...and it just isnt as easy for anyone to come in and set up shop to make a better life for themselves and their families.

the same reason my grandparents, parents, and relatives came here in the 1960's - 1990's is the reason you described.

i apologize to anyone i offended by using trash to describe illegals...it's a heated issue for me if you havent noticed already.

but unfortunately, the solution isnt as easy as you stated, "taxing the illegals." if they're here, they're here...i wouldnt use the extreme "GTFO" as another poster but they're hurting more than they're helping given our times.

Cars

U said it. It "used to be" unfortunate not all 3rd world countries sees this type of perseption on how the economy has been affeective even for the last decade. Never the less within this year alone that has brought a tremendous pressure in maintaining a job without running the risk of being part of the groups that have suffer "lay off". In the entire states.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    U said it. It "used to be" unfortunate not all 3rd world countries sees this type of perseption on how the economy has been affeective even for the last decade. Never the less within this year alone that has brought a tremendous pressure in maintaining a job without running the risk of being part of the groups that have suffer "lay off". In the entire states.
    it's sooo evident isnt it?!

man, what i really want to happen is for other countries to be understanding and allow for this flood of people looking for work to go where ever they want...(case in point, most Asian immigrants...come for work, work, then go home when work is done...or better yet, work...try to become citizens while starting a family/paying taxes) similar to a while back when Bush allowed for Mexican workers to come and help out on farms and such with part-time visa's.

it would be good for those people if we could just allow citizenship be be gained easily...they work (the employers suffer: minimum wage, etc...but who cares? they take less so our country has more), pay taxes and that in itself could help us.

im still firm on the whole "illegal" label because of what my mother specifically went through waiting for her "ok" to leave her country.

Quote Originally Posted by CRX2EVO
    Your intro needs help
    I dont mind help.... help me out.
    your sig is too sexy and has been removed

Quote Originally Posted by yobless
    Quote Originally Posted by TLOGGINS
    immigration is perfectly fine as long as they do it legally.Â* its the illegal ones that are f***ing us up. yeah they do some of the jobs that most people don't wanna do but there are many CITIZENS out there during these times that would just be greatful to have the job. many people say that getting rid of the illegal immigrants that are working on the farms mainly would drive up the price of food significantly.Â* this is not true however.Â* even if we did manage to eliminate all illegal immigrant labor it wouldnt be all at once and the price would only rise by cents and not dollars.Â* most people wouldnt even notice the minor rise in price.Â* wut we need to do is get rid of the stupid laws like in LA were a police officer cannot arrest and deport someone just for being illegal. they would have the commit some kind of crime.Â* so get rid of these dumb laws so the cops can actually arrest them for being illegal and we can deport them and free up all of the welfare that they are collecting by coming over here and having there kids allowing them to stay. so as i said in the beginning, as long as they do it LEGALLY, immigration is fine and actually welcome.
    Actually your welfare argument is pretty wrong...do some research on the welfare reform act signed by then Pres. Bill Clinton.Â* You'll even see that former mayor of New York Giuliani opposed the act even though he's Republican.Â* I'm not at all claiming that the current welfare system is "perfect" but it did undergo a mayor overhaul and since the acts inception, welfare use and fraud has declined.
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20682
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/22/op...22clinton.html
    http://rpc.senate.gov/releases/1999/wf080599.htm

And put up some facts to back up your statements, just stating things without some back up is moot.Â* This dude needs sources for his paperÂ* :D

Thanks for the sources man!

Holy crap guys... I read the hole response. Please I didn't want to incite you guys. I just wanted opinions from you guys. And as for me, I am an American Citizen. How should we treat immigrants? Well I believe a human being is a human being. And I also Believe first come, first serve basis. Depends on the situation. A lot of immigrants are tryin to find a better life and so is the illegal ones. Yes, many of us aren't so lucky but if I being a human being would try to survive I'll look for any means for survival. I believe if you beat the system and you went around it you deserve the worst, thats only if you get caught. On the other hand, if you got away with it then good luck to you. I can't really hate on the illegal ones because one of my friends came here illegally when he was a child. I say if you want work and the US is providing work go get at it. As for the people who has so much luxury and never offered a hand in helping a helpless just put yourself in their position. Find out what makes them do what they do. Whether it's working in the fields or doing the DIRTY jobs if we don't want to do it... who will?

I think the legal immigrants deserve the freedom what we as citizens have. They waited long enough for their turn. As for the Illegal immigrants, if chances are we are in need of workers well let them work if they choose to work, and I'm pretty sure they will work to stay here even if it's only a little while.

Thanks guys Hopefully they won't shut this topic down. I need to take the opinions here and reference it on my essay. Don't worry I won't put your SN on it.

It's pathetic!!
    then why do you choose to stay in the US? why not go to the source and help there? i believe the key is to solve problems/issues in our own country before we can span out to help others...we simply cant take everyone in that wants in. in a perfect world, that would be the case, but in your opinion, because i live in this world...that isnt the case.

i dont see how you can generalize and speak for all illegal immigrants...i can understand that some arent allowed by their country to simply leave and have their countries grant them the necessary paperwork to come here but what about illegals that could care less? if i were to generalize in the sense that "EVERY illegal wants to become a part of the system", is it safe to say that, "EVERY illegal is a drug dealer/terrorist/murderer"?

dont get me wrong, im not trying to say, "if you side with them, then join them...in their country," however, im curious as to what your point is. seems kind of awkward that you magically join this site to badmouth the opinions of people in this thread especially when the thread specifically asks for opinions...not necessarily thoughts on others' opinions.

you helped people in mexico and south africa im assuming...i helped people build houses in the ghettos of Louisiana, outside downtown San Francisco volunteering at a homeless shelter, serving food to homeless people in Santa Ana at a food bank. i get my stance from observing that 99% of the people there were NOT illegal or even immigrants for that matter.

You can "Shame on Me" all you want...but home is where the heart is. i figure we do something our country before we step it up and cares what the world has to think or say.
    I can't BELIEVE you just tried to say that you have volunteered at homeless shelters and food banks! Who do you think you're kidding? and by the way, you obviously aren't paying attention to what I'm saying, OR what I mean. I DO go to the source, I said that in my last post. I HAVE been to South Africa and Mexico, and I'm studying so that I can spend the rest of my life helping people like this!
    I NEVER said that we should just let everyone in; what i said was , how dare you badmouth and put down people who are busting their ASS to simply feed their families! My problem w/you, and people like you, is that you somehow think you are better than others because of where you were born, or the color of your skin! Guess what? YOU"RE NOT!!! I'm getting sick of this thread, so I'll just say this one more time, for those who just don't seem to get it. These illegal immigrants work harder than you have ever even THOUGHT about; if you were to compare who does more for this country, then they deserve to be here SO much more than you do! I am ASTOUNDED at the sense of entitlement you feel, that you have done NOTHING to deserve! Go live and work like they do , and then you can say whatever you want! Otherwise, get some education, and maybe start identifying yourself as a HUMAN BEING first, and an AMERICAN second so that you can TRULY make this world a better place!

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    U said it. It "used to be" unfortunate not all 3rd world countries sees this type of perseption on how the economy has been affective even for the last decade. Never the less within this year alone that has brought a tremendous pressure in maintaining a job without running the risk of being part of the groups that have suffer "lay off". In the entire states.
    it's sooo evident isnt it?!

man, what i really want to happen is for other countries to be understanding and allow for this flood of people looking for work to go where ever they want...(case in point, most Asian immigrants...come for work, work, then go home when work is done...or better yet, work...try to become citizens while starting a family/paying taxes) similar to a while back when Bush allowed for Mexican workers to come and help out on farms and such with part-time visa's.

it would be good for those people if we could just allow citizenship be be gained easily...they work (the employers suffer: minimum wage, etc...but who cares? they take less so our country has more), pay taxes and that in itself could help us.

im still firm on the whole "illegal" label because of what my mother specifically went through waiting for her "ok" to leave her country.
    I can honestly understand how you "feel" in regards of your parents taken the right steps in order to have a visa and such; however you have to understand that now n days it doesn't take the same steps as before. Since before things were fairly easy compare to now n days.
    Having friends in the right places can always help or having enough $$$$ in order to pay for the entire procedure. In this current era, it isn't the case anymore. Things have become more of a political matter than anything else. N those that find themselves short in $$$ and have the need to support and survive by all means necessary will take things into the next level.
    Things aren't as simple as some of the folks "think" being legal in the states coming from a 3rd world country can be. Even traveling some folks have a problem obtaining a visa. N these are folks that have a good amount of $$$ and don't plan to stay but just come n visit. So what other alternative then getting a visa or being here legal do those "folks" have, since the gov in their country have limited them to?

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by STIH8TER

Thanks guys Hopefully they won't shut this topic down. I need to take the opinions here and reference it on my essay. Don't worry I won't put your SN on it.

As long as this thread n topic at hand remains civil there shouldn't be a problem in having this discussion open. Regardless whether this is the political section; people can get out of control and of course it wont be allowed.

well the enigma guy was really shakin up. Didn't mean to make get do that to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by STIH8TER
    well the enigma guy was really shakin up. Didn't mean to make get do that to anyone.
    he's a forum troll...that's what he does. realize that all his posts are pretty much in this topic alone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast