Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 sensor popped off

02 sensor popped off

my second o2 sensor popped off on my uncatted test pipe and i was wondering why i needed a second sensor when my car seems to be running the same, except much louder=P

fixed for every1 haha

help is greeeeeeeatly appreciated
    thanks!

Evolved

Re: 02 sensor popped off

well i am going to take a guess as to why your car is louder,

there is a hole in your exhaust pipe before the muffler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffler

are you serious?? do you even know anything about cars...if you have a sensor plugged into the hole in your car....and then the plug pops out...omg...can it be...a loud exhaust leak...

wow who would have known...

my suggestion is that you get a replacement o2 sensor since you stripped out the other one and it seems to not be holding in there.
    Body Work Master.<br /><br />XBOX Live - Evo9GSR add me!!!<br />Parts for sale:http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...;topic=72056.0

Evolved

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertFlores
    can it be...a loud exhaust leak...
    n0 g1lb3rt, that w00d mak3 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by mrobs15
    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertFlores
    can it be...a loud exhaust leak...
    n0 g1lb3rt, that w00d mak3 cents!
    oh yeah....sorry robs...forgot we cant be making any kind of sense around here.... :D
    Body Work Master.<br /><br />XBOX Live - Evo9GSR add me!!!<br />Parts for sale:http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...;topic=72056.0

Evolved

why start now, as much as we troll the noobs around here, this place wouldn't be the same with out them!

yeah man...we were all noobs once...but i mean c'mon...its like the world breed a new kind of noob that doesnt know a damn thing...

pitty really. what kind of person will hear a noise and not look under the car to see there is a 7/8" hole in his exhaust and not figure out why its louder...

Evolved

yeah i can see asking whether its bad to run with your o2 sensor hanging out, but then to ask why its louder?? to much.

and i hope your test pipe isn't stripped too, cause then you have to re tap it, and thats a bother.

sorry for asking a question... i thot thats what forums are for..

yeah there for questions....but i mean c'mon...if you take at least 10 more seconds to think about what your asking...then you would figure it out...

question: o2 sensor poped out of exhaust....why is it louder?

answer: oooo yeah maybe because there is a huge hole in my exhaust now.... ta da O0

ok well thanks anyways

the o2 sensor is there to read for your cat and emissions. you should have one in there. if anything, remove your test pipe, check the threads in it, get a new o2 sensor and put it together.

go to Road Race and get a cel spacer for the o2 sensor. if not then make your own using the spark plug fouler. its just to keep the check engine light off. but i do suggest to get that exhaust leak patched up and taken care of, its not good for the car...and also you mentioned that you were racing your friend...if your doing it on the street...then keep that shit on the track and quit making a bad name for us O0

i dont think its the test pipe cuz we stripped it taking it OUT of the stock one. so im just gunna order a new o2 sensor

thx for the help and sorry for the stupid questionnn...

pikadosboy

Quote Originally Posted by chey16
    hey guys i was racin a buddy of mine and i have a uncatted test pipe and when i was installing it we stripped the o2 sensor but made it fit and stick until tonight... it came out. since its uncatted i didnt think it would matter much and my check engine light didnt even come on. my car sounds MUCH MUCHHHH louder now.... any1 kno the reason why and if the o2 sensor makes a difference to have on an uncatted pipe???

help is greeeeeeeatly appreciated
    thanks!
    im beeeeeeeeeen serious bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think the question you are asking is, "why do I need a second O2 sensor, if when it fell off, I didn't notice anything different with how the car runs?".
    &quot; A fry short of a Happy Meal&quot;

Evolved

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder
    I think the question you are asking is, "why do I need a second O2 sensor, if when it fell off, I didn't notice anything different with how the car runs?".
    a question like that starts a good, informative thread.

it's all about how you use the forum, if you make yourself look silly. you will be told how silly you look.

Quote Originally Posted by mrobs15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder
    a question like that starts a good, informative thread.

it's all about how you use the forum, if you make yourself look silly. you will be told how silly you look.
    O0

ok lol. this might be another stupid question but why do i need the o2 sensor if my test pipe is uncatted and why is it bad to run w/o it?

http://www.2carpros.com/how_does_it_...gen_sensor.htm

It doesn't tell you everything, but does give you an idea how the o2 sensor works. Basically the o2 tells the ECU what your afr air/fuel ratio from the exhaust, and the ecu will adjust how much fuel the engine needs. If you plug your sensor straight in to the test pipe, it will read a fuel rich environment, and take fuel away. Lean is good when it's controlled. Uncontrolled/untuned extremely lean condition will end up making the engine go POP! For sure there is more to it than that, but this is the basics.

i see, cuz a buddy of mine said its not a big deal because its only used if the pipe is catted... im glad i came to the forums instead haha. thanks for all the help and sorry for the bad post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast