Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

Re: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

I made all four spin on race gas the other day. The car feels crazy quik off the line.

Re: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

dude its a great write up n its very effective ona stock base turbo
    Were not meant to enter the grave in a well preserved body but rather skidn in sideways totally worn out shoutn, holy shit what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by XdsEVO8X
    dude its a great write up n its very effective ona stock base turbo
    I tryed this On my buddy's 35r evo and gotdamn that shit took off like a mofo.

The part of the sequence were the e-brake does anything is while your still; before any foot movements..

it's not necessary

and stupid
    397WHPÂ*Â* 460TQ MD<br /><br />
    Cobra GT 500 today <br />« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »<br />it is called low-end torque, something that an evo driver would never miss because they would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
    A few months back I posted a thread about the OEM launch control.....http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=69194.0......I just wanted to learn how to find it because just planting the accelerator did not do it.......I had to roll into it until I hit the 5500 region.(Thanks Massimo).......Anyway this Mod type person jumped-in and insulted me & those that participated & ultimately locked the thread calling us a bunch of Rats...WTF......Anyway....Your thread reminded me of that......Peace
    Uh, maybe that's because the Evo doesn't have launch control. Just keep belieiving everything you read on the internet written by some kid with zero experience testing cars, yet alone Evos.
    haha so true the evo doesnt have "launch control" its a stationary rev limiter that works as a cheap wannabe 2step launch control. a real 2step pulls timing and dumps fuel to help spool the turbo at a standstill.

i tried this and my girl felt like throwing up with the "100" G's pushing her into the seat

but yeah real effective

Experienced
    Cars
    Evo X, Datsun 510,TRD Tacoma

I just put the sucker in race mode( the gear with the "R" on the shift knob) add a little maple syrup in the gas,close my eyes hold the gas and the clutch down for 40secs and let her riiiiiip!

I beat jet cars and shit doing this!

^^^ this only works if you have NOS stickers

Quote Originally Posted by richie71
    nah nah man you have it all wrong, it only works if you do what this guy did

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570

LOLOLOL

"The Sti is the car you want to drive to the track, the Evo is the car you want to drive at the track."
    IF YOU SAY YOU WILL BUY SOMETHING FROM ME AND FLAKE ON THE SALE, I WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT. THANKS.

Cars
    2005 Lancer EvoVIII, 2008 BMW 335i, 2010 BMW 128i

im a visual learner and reading how to do this just sucks. -___-
    NEEDS A TUNE!

Cars
    2005 Lancer EvoVIII, 2008 BMW 335i, 2010 BMW 128i

Quote Originally Posted by panda

LOLOLOL
    OMG THATS BY FAR THE STUPIDEST SHIZZ I HAVE EVER READ AHAHHAHAHA
    NEEDS A TUNE!

i cant believe someone voluntarily put sugar in their gas tank...he should win the darwin award
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&amp;n drop in air filter. 276 whp

im gonna go outside and try this hold.................................
    VIII MR/stock turbo/supertech valvetrain/ARP headstuds/hks 272 in.ex/hks racing suction reloaded/tomei jdm bov/invidia straight-thru/gReddy o2 housing/24psi

well I need a new bumper
    VIII MR/stock turbo/supertech valvetrain/ARP headstuds/hks 272 in.ex/hks racing suction reloaded/tomei jdm bov/invidia straight-thru/gReddy o2 housing/24psi

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 S-type Jag, 2008 Evo X MR (R.I.P.), Mr2 Spyder, Toyota CR-V, F-250

....My neck snapped back like I got kicked in the dome by Sea Biscuit...in my driveway.
    ETS UICP, Cosworth drop-in, Stop-Tech, RRE 3 port, RRE sideways catback-stealth with 4 chrome tips, Swift springs, SolarGard, Mynes dampers, Blue f.p. relay. 315 whp, 319 wtq by Mike W.

Quote Originally Posted by panda

LOLOLOL
    Dude...LMFAO! what an idiot that guy is.. NOS ftw!

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 S-type Jag, 2008 Evo X MR (R.I.P.), Mr2 Spyder, Toyota CR-V, F-250

"Put a NOS sticker on a bag of dog shit, and people will buy it". lol
    ETS UICP, Cosworth drop-in, Stop-Tech, RRE 3 port, RRE sideways catback-stealth with 4 chrome tips, Swift springs, SolarGard, Mynes dampers, Blue f.p. relay. 315 whp, 319 wtq by Mike W.

im scared of launching my car cuz i love it too much but...ima give this a shot O0

tephra v7. with launch maps ftw!

but it doesn't come stock

and the e brake serves 2 purposes, 1 to keep you from rolling on an incline. 2 to fully preload the entire drive train from flywheel to hubs, so you have zero lash

htanks for the info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast