Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

Do the e-brake launch:

1.Pull up the e-brake all the way w/ur thumb on the button at all times.

2. Let go of the clutch pedal until u feel the car inch forward and hold ur foot on it.

3.Wen u have those two steps in place then u put ur foot on the gas pedal down to the floor to activate the 2step launch control.

4. Once ur ready to launch, let go of the eb and clutch at the same time and if done right, u will come out the hole like a bat outta hell.

5. Make sure ur 2-step launch control is set @ 6k rpm's

6.Don't stay on the 2-step for too long or else u will burn ur clutch and bogged like a mofo.

If the clutch should burn when doing this method, u will only smell a hint of burn and it will burn not even for a second. If u hit the launch dead on, u will not burn at all.The reason for This method is to pre load tension to the drivetrain and will not cause any shock to the drivetrain at all. Ur Tranny will last a hell of a lot longer wen u use this method and u get better 60ft's.
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

Re: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

How many trannies did you go through to master this?

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

Re: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!!!

well, I caused a lot of wear and tear to my first tranny because I used to traditional "slip/feather out the clutch method". I started using the e-brake half-way through my 1st tranny's life. My 1st tranny didn't really get too bad, it was a little notchy though after a while.
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

It took about 11 try's to master this. Once I got it, it was like second nature to me.
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

A few months back I posted a thread about the OEM launch control.....http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=69194.0......I just wanted to learn how to find it because just planting the accelerator did not do it.......I had to roll into it until I hit the 5500 region.(Thanks Massimo).......Anyway this Mod type person jumped-in and insulted me & those that participated & ultimately locked the thread calling us a bunch of Rats...WTF......Anyway....Your thread reminded me of that......Peace
    Pro Jesus / Humble Yourself & read Ecclesiastes

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

wtf is that supposed to mean?
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

Feathering sounds an aweful lot like riding it
    397WHPÂ*Â* 460TQ MD<br /><br />
    Cobra GT 500 today <br />« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »<br />it is called low-end torque, something that an evo driver would never miss because they would never know.

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

feathering,slipping let off is almost the same shit.
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

i finally perfected the e-brake launch shit my car fly's outta the gate
    Were not meant to enter the grave in a well preserved body but rather skidn in sideways totally worn out shoutn, holy shit what a ride!

i wil try thissssssss

alans technique pretty good too, tricky as fuk when u first start tough.
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&amp;n drop in air filter. 276 whp

whats his technique?^

Cars
    06’ EB Evo IX

Quote Originally Posted by djibutievo87
    alans technique pretty good too, tricky as fuk when u first start tough.
    I don't think his technique is working that good if he can only pull a 1.7 sec 60ft. I pulled 1.6 and 1.5 60ft's all day at the track using federal 595's tires.
    2003 bby Evo 8 Rip buddy
    2006 GG Evo 9 Sold
    2014 CB Evo X GSR SOLD!
    2006 EB Evo IX GSR

Re: How to launch Your evo w/o braking ur tranny all the time. (E-Brake Launch)!

This guy doesn't know much about the poor conditions at Qualcomm^^

You could never pull a 1.6 at qualcomm its a slippery parking lot...
    Cobra GT 500 today <br />« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »<br />it is called low-end torque, something that an evo driver would never miss because they would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
    A few months back I posted a thread about the OEM launch control.....http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=69194.0......I just wanted to learn how to find it because just planting the accelerator did not do it.......I had to roll into it until I hit the 5500 region.(Thanks Massimo).......Anyway this Mod type person jumped-in and insulted me & those that participated & ultimately locked the thread calling us a bunch of Rats...WTF......Anyway....Your thread reminded me of that......Peace
    Uh, maybe that's because the Evo doesn't have launch control. Just keep belieiving everything you read on the internet written by some kid with zero experience testing cars, yet alone Evos.
    Hmmm.. So if I never mod/ track my Evo, I shouldnt own it? Well, my reasons for an Evo purchase dont have to match yours.<br /><br />-Chirico<br /><br />Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and Im not sure about the former. <br /><br />-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sean penn
    wtf is that supposed to mean?
    Lmao!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

E brake method is for people who wanna make it complicated.

Roll up and deep stage first (1 yellow)

Then hold the brake and let the clutch out enough to roll foward untill the second stage light goes on..

Then the tranny is ready to launch

mmm maybe i should try this !!
    If you NEED some parts hit mee UP!!

I have been looking at the site for about a month now and I saw this and tryed it out myself. Oh boy... I have never launched like this before. My necked snapped back like i got kicked in the dome by randy cotour. Thx for the rite up ahhh... sean penn!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast