Thread: political science help!!!!

political science help!!!!

I need help here for I am stuck on this question. I am not asking for someone to give me the answer, but and help in the right direction will help.

Describe how the president and congress are interacting with respect to the current "Economic Bailout". Provide an understanding of how congress is supposed to operate given their role of making laws but not enforcing laws, especially given the criticism of the "bailout money" given the private banking institutions. Furthermore, discuss the role of the president in setting policy for the economic situation and how both republicans and democrates should be reacting in this situation.

Experienced

Re: political science help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evo87
    I need help here for I am stuck on this question. I am not asking for someone to give me the answer, but and help in the right direction will help.

Describe how the president and congress are interacting with respect to the current "Economic Bailout". Provide an understanding of how congress is supposed to operate given their role of making laws but not enforcing laws, especially given the criticism of the "bailout money" given the private banking institutions. Furthermore, discuss the role of the president in setting policy for the economic situation and how both republicans and democrates should be reacting in this situation.
    Congress does not enforce laws for it is the job of the judiciary branch. Congress is part of the legislative branch and thus is responsible for intruducing legislature or laws to be inforced by the judiciary branch...if need be. The President is part of the executive branch and ultimately is responsible for signing off on, or executing legislature passed by Congress. What it looks like this question is asking is for you to explain how these three branches are interacting with one another over the bailout money given their seperate powers in that they each are after one goal which is to right the economy but they aslo have their own individual motives/policies that don't sit well with the other branches and members amidst their own branch(republicans and democrats).