Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Fuel Pump Relay

Re: WARNING: Fuel Pump Relay

that sux! i wonder why this is happening in the X's and not the CT9A's

also, this is only on tuned X's and not stockers?
    RallInspired/RRE///EDOPerformance/ Tamioka racing. Volk// JICmagic// GSC// Cusco// AEM// Mishimoto// AMS// Sparco// Tein// APR// Buschur// ARC// Moneypit :mitsu: www.hellafunctional.com/

Would we have to REPLACE IT EVERY 15k miles or just this one time??? :?

I would assume every 15k miles or so since itll probably begin failing again...

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by NativeSS
    that sux! i wonder why this is happening in the X's and not the CT9A's

also, this is only on tuned X's and not stockers?
    Because mitsu bean counters used cheap quality relays on the X. This happens on ALL Evo Xs, but it is way more dangerous on tuned Evo Xs. On a Tuned X, your boosting more and the AFR goes crazy lean if the relay does not work. You WILL blow your engine. I cannot believe that there is no recall yet on this.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by big boss
    Would we have to REPLACE IT EVERY 15k miles or just this one time??? :?
    I would change it every 15,000 miles if I had a X. Or you can do the simple test that I outlined above every 15,000 miles to check that your rely is working.

my car (now with 46k on it) had this problem.
    i had been running with piping and the original factory flash for the last 24k miles. the original tune is probably the only reason i never seemed to have issues since it was always super rich.

when we dropped in the cams and tried to tune it, is where it finally became noticable, and after checking every possible component (fuel pump, injectors, connections, and maf) it all came down to this stupid little relay.

i am for sure going to pick me up a few
    toku ni

WTF! that Sucks THNX For the Info....

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by toku-one
    my car (now with 46k on it) had this problem.
    i had been running with piping and the original factory flash for the last 24k miles. the original tune is probably the only reason i never seemed to have issues since it was always super rich.

when we dropped in the cams and tried to tune it, is where it finally became noticable, and after checking every possible component (fuel pump, injectors, connections, and maf) it all came down to this stupid little relay.

i am for sure going to pick me up a few
    Your car probably knocked like crazy even with the stock tune, you just did not log it to know about it. You probably had 10-14 counts of knock.

When did you noitce this?

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by EvoPwr
    That is some great information, I don't own a X but I can appreciate good work. This is what the community should be all about :mitsu:
    To me this is what the ECUflash community ought to be about. ECUflash is free, you only pay for the cable. Most of the tables in the Evo 8/9/10 rom have been discovered by volunteers (mrfred, tephra, malibujack, jcsbanks, etc.....). So if you are using ECUflash, its is your DUTY to share your findings will the rest. To me it is NOT optional. That is why I did the write-up on how to tune your Evo 8/9 and did this write up and the other about AFR and fuel trims. I will be doing another write-up on how to tune your Evo X.

IMO, the mission of ECUflash is to make tuning available to anyone who has the time and passion to tune their own car.

i logged my car and had like 7 counts over like 5000rpm, however i was also running a 9.8afr and the aem intake
    toku ni

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by toku-one
    i logged my car and had like 7 counts over like 5000rpm, however i was also running a 9.8afr and the aem intake
    So it was not leaning out on the stock tune and only started leaning out when you had it tuned? So the relay was not a problem until you had to tune it? That is odd. Usually a bad relay is a problem even on the stock tune.

it probably was leaning out on the stock tune... but my car always had an afr of like 9.1 to 10.1 so it never really stood out from log to log.
    toku ni

They got a new relay now, green in color (saw it at evoxforums). New part number is #8627A011.

Green is SOOOO last season...

It's all about BLUE now!

Yes sir. Luckily they are cheaper than the greens. ~$10.
    ($16 with shipping from mitsubishiparts.net but you have to ask for USPS to get that price)

Ive only seen a dozen of engines or so with windows in the blocks.Â* :'(Â* great way to inspect your rods and internals.Â*

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 S-type Jag, 2008 Evo X MR (R.I.P.), Mr2 Spyder, Toyota CR-V, F-250

I was checking out a thread on a Canadian evo forum and they talked about the blue relay as for cold weather useage, the green as the normal relay.
    ETS UICP, Cosworth drop-in, Stop-Tech, RRE 3 port, RRE sideways catback-stealth with 4 chrome tips, Swift springs, SolarGard, Mynes dampers, Blue f.p. relay. 315 whp, 319 wtq by Mike W.

the blue relay is made by a company named omron, much better relay ive seen very little problems with those relays if any O0

Sry guys if I have to bring this here...would this problem apply to either tuned or untuned RAs? If so, would it be same fix? :?
    Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

mostly tuned vehicles but it will affect stock vehicles as well

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast