Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: before going to a stop do you guys shift down a gear and then brake n clutch

before going to a stop do you guys shift down a gear and then brake n clutch

just a stupid question i was just wondering what you guys do

Cars
    Dodrio

Re: before going to a stop do you guys shift down a gear and then brake n clutch

I just pop it in neutral.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Re: before going to a stop do you guys shift down a gear and then brake n clutch

i get an evo first then i worry about it...

Massimo Power

Sometimes... Sometimes just neutral it... Why does it matter?

but im learning stick right now ):

oh god

Cars
    Dodrio

I sometime down shift, just cause alot of attention.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Massimo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Robertiscool
    but im learning stick right now ):
    ah cool..

You can do it either way nuetral or downshift.

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red

i actually have my foot on the clutch and press it simultaneous when i down shift and break... but i heard doing so hurts tranny ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evolutionized
    LMFAO !!! ahh dude

i hope he never get it.
    [quote author=MRavenIX link=topic=90680.msg7838452#msg7838452 date=1264018587]<br />Don&#039;t get all mad cuz you&#039;re trapped under Reese&#039;s balls... <br />[/quote]<br /><br />[quote author=ecko link=topic=95731.msg7898803#msg7898803 date=1270963439]<br />Always hating on the small guy as if you&#039;re Mr. Big Time.&nbsp; I guess you can piggyback on the Buschur name.&nbsp; Maybe you can challenge AMS?<br /><br />Just because you have a few customers with money out the ass and can post a list expensive parts doesn&#039;t mean your shit don&#039;t stink.<br />[/quote]

I rev match to 2nd gear then pop in neutral as I'm about to stop
    "No mission too difficult, No sacrifice too great"

Probably not the best idea if you're learning.. clutch might last longer if you downshift when you plan on exiting a turn, and put it in neutral if you're just stopping..

thanks guys for the tips just asking bfore i go messing with an evo and fuck it up and i go home sad faced ):

Quote Originally Posted by Robertiscool
    thanks guys for the tips just For When i go messing with an evo and fuck it up and i go home sad faced ):

hey any thing could happen even to the best of drivers

anyways, i would say neutral for a full stop or if you're gonna do a rolling stop (not a good idea in my area) then just downshift.

"The Sti is the car you want to drive to the track, the Evo is the car you want to drive at the track."
    IF YOU SAY YOU WILL BUY SOMETHING FROM ME AND FLAKE ON THE SALE, I WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT. THANKS.

Umm shift it fast into Reverse quicklyÂ* lol J/K yup full stop = into Neutral and turning = Down-shiftÂ* :D

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Clutch in + break at the same time while switching gears ... disengage clutch, be in gear, and brake ... Its all about managing your braking threshold - your obviously not SLAMMING on the brakes just feathering it till you need to stop.

Once I get to about 10-5mph I clutch in to neutral ... You kinda always want to be in gear ... Least thats how I learned ... You'll manage depending on how fast/slow you got to take a turn or how quickly you need to stop lol ...
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by boostinboy
    i hope he never get it.

Rofl at the sig

But neutral it why cause attention
    NOS is like a girl with a std, you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences<br /><br />[quote author=blaze-619 link=topic=108212.msg8137152#msg8137152 date=1302116871]<br />Can&#039;t fuck with an angel.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=phoreal link=topic=108212.msg8137157#msg8137157 date=1302117146]<br />i fucked a stripper named angel <br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=pureIX link=topic=108212.msg8137163#msg8137163 date=1302117399]<br />lol, win<br />[/quote]

+1 on the rev matching while downshifting... my ACT likes it better that way anyways.

I'm really not even gonna get started on you again. (although it was entertaining) Watch a damn youtube video or ask your dad or something...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! love it, simply classic. you sir, have been quoted.
    Bryan @ GST + MD dyno = 402/345<br /><br />[quote author=gravvyboy]<br />Peace is for hippies. smelly, dirty, tree-hugging hippies...stupid hippies<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=GilbertFlores]<br />MRavenIX for Pres because he isnt a little tiny ass kid like most other people here.<br />[/quote]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast