Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [Super Official] True EVO smog stories

Re: [Super Official] True EVO smog stories

:)

Experienced
    Cars
    AS IX SE (sold), 1963 Corvette Stingray, 2006 Hummer H3, 2013 Nissan GT-R Black Edition

Well, I finally got my smog done and I passed!! what a relief and I feel less stressed now! The smog guy was pretty cool, he was doing the visual part of the test and he was like "hmm.. you got some modifications here huh?" I was like "yeah, just a couple but I got a carb sticker" haha then he saw the injectors and said "oh, you got aftermarket injecters huh?" and I was thinking to myself "oh man this guy is gonna want to fail me!" but then he says "blah! it's fine you can leave it like that.. lets bring it in"Â* It was all good after that...

Mods are these:

FP Red
    RC 1200's
    Injen Upper + lower ICP
    DXP DP
    Megan Racing Catback
    stock cat
    some ported oem stuff
    E85
    RRE tune

I did the test while running on E85

So there you have it!!

Passed my smog 2 weeks ago, narrowly avoided a Mobile Smog Check Point in Cerritos today lol.

It's amazing how during these hard economic times having to pay bills, raising a family, keeping a job, etc doesn't stress me out.Â* But my pending smog test was consuming me with stress to no end.

Passed with flying colors.

Only thing I did was acquire a stock catalytic converter and slapped it on right before driving over to the smog shop.

Mods:
    FP Green
    ETS Intercooler Kit with full piping (LIP and short route UIP)Â* --- NOTE, short route piping with small battery!
    ETS Air Intake Kit w/ K&N Filter
    WORKS TBE
    WORKS Aperture
    Walbro Fuel Pump
    880 Injectors
    Cosworth 272s
    tuned by Pete @ WORKS (makes 360whp)
    three defi gauges on the a-pillar, aem uego on the steering column (anyone who gets in the car instantly realizes it's not a normal car)

The smog shop didn't question anything under the hood though they were very careful in examining the catalytic converter.Â* Measured emission levels were really low, way below average.

91 Octane

After driving away I fell in love with my car all over again.Â*

Quote Originally Posted by insanum
    It's amazing how during these hard economic times having to pay bills, raising a family, keeping a job, etc doesn't stress me out.Â* But my pending smog test was consuming me with stress to no end.

Passed with flying colors.

Only thing I did was acquire a stock catalytic converter and slapped it on right before driving over to the smog shop.

Mods:
    FP Green
    ETS Intercooler Kit with full piping (LIP and short route UIP)Â* --- NOTE, short route piping with small battery!
    ETS Air Intake Kit w/ K&N Filter
    WORKS TBE
    WORKS Aperture
    Walbro Fuel Pump
    880 Injectors
    Cosworth 272s
    tuned by Pete @ WORKS (makes 360whp)
    three defi gauges on the a-pillar, aem uego on the steering column (anyone who gets in the car instantly realizes it's not a normal car)

The smog shop didn't question anything under the hood though they were very careful in examining the catalytic converter.Â* Measured emission levels were really low, way below average.

91 Octane

After driving away I fell in love with my car all over again.Â*
    Congrats!
    My wish resigned.<br /><br />]

Cars
    EVO X MR

^^^ damn, nice job dude :) I need to smog my shit soon... Within the next two weeks

So over the past two weeks I had to smog my car for CA regestration. The first shop I went to put my car on a lift and hit me for dp/ o2 housing and DV and I failed emissions on 91 with a crispy cat. So some E85 and a different shop and I was good. Here in north county.
    Mods: MXP DP, TP, Greddy TiC catback, injen intake w/intercooler pipes, invida o2, BR street FMIC, Kelford 272, GSC 1&#039;s springs, 3 port boost controller, synaps bov, ARP headstuds, walbro 255, bosh 1600cc injectors, Act 3200<br />E85 405whp 394tqÂ* Â*&nbsp; 91 347whp 351tq

so with mine my Turbo XS Recirc BOV might fail the smog for me? should i change it to the 9 bov?
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

^^ that is a possablity but you have to make sure it's no going to mess your tune up. The second shop I went to the tech didn't care about it.
    Mods: MXP DP, TP, Greddy TiC catback, injen intake w/intercooler pipes, invida o2, BR street FMIC, Kelford 272, GSC 1&#039;s springs, 3 port boost controller, synaps bov, ARP headstuds, walbro 255, bosh 1600cc injectors, Act 3200<br />E85 405whp 394tqÂ* Â*&nbsp; 91 347whp 351tq

Injen upper/lower/intake with carb stickers. Stock cat. Ti cat-back, qtp downpipe welded onto hks downpipe, with electric cutoff. AMS v.2 i/c, cbrd 1"radiator. On 91, no tune...Pass! O0

Experienced
    Cars
    08 Apex silv X

08 x w/ Injen intake and uicp, ams front on a Looney Tune that's set for full turbo back no cat..... PASSED! HC measured 11 idle 13 at 2500 rpm and CO measured .01 idle and .01 at 2500 rpm

Spent 40 bucks instead of the crazy "hookup" prices
    Your biggest fan is also known as a hater...

Just to give you guys Alittle breather.
    All we check is if the catalytic converter is there (has to be legal)
    O2 sensor (doesnt matter just has to be connected n visually there)
    Exhaust we don't give a fuck!
    But!!!
    Visually we do look
    If u have upgraded injectors we don't care, we do look to see what cc or if it's oem
    Visually if u don't have carb or oem ur straight
    But ya make sure ur check engine light ain't on n ur goos
    vvvVVV Play my Monthly SoCalEvo Mixes &amp; Download 4 FREEÂ*VVVvvv<br />Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* <br />Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Â* Â*https://soundcloud.com/djkavon/socalevo2<br /><br />^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I Â*Â*Â*Ÿ♥ ⌂ ♫ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ugh I need to smog soon. Idk how imma do it :/
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

Cars
    EVO X MR

^ good luck son .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567