Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what alarm are you running?

Re: what alarm are you running?

So I got an alarm yesterday thanks to a certain person on here on SCE! =) viper 5901. Still getting used to all the settings, but love it so far =)

Thanks man!
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9

im glad u got it already joey!!!
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Yea I missed my car baaaaadly!!! I just hope they never try to break in again =/ otherwise imma have to move or keep my car somewhere else. But yea I'm happy now =)
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9

If it happens again I say get a flame blower alarm hahaHaha
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Lol
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    viper 5902 with smart start enabled for my iphone...

on my level... get on it
    God I gotta get an Iphone if i had one i would for damn sure buy that alarm accesory! How are you liking that setup? Does it Call your phone if a zone is triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by ev0lution
    just different experiences i guess. i have the viper 791xv also. it hasn't saved me ever, and was a piece of shit. putting the alarm anywhere other than a keychain is just ridiculous. no one in their right mind would use a belt clip. Installer told me that the parts just didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by biggiesacks
    I have a Viper 791XV, which is the older 2 way model, just before the 1 mile range came out. It has saved me from 3 confirmed break in attempts and who knows how many others. All three times my pager went off but the ass holes allways booked it before i could get out to my car. One time they broke the window alarm went off they booked it. The second time The tried to rip off my door handle, alarm went off they booked it. The third time i had left my sunroof open a crack and they where trying to fish a wire hanger into the car to hit my lock switch, alarm went off and thy booked it. All three times nothing was stolen from my car. None of them ever made it into my car. The guy that was complaining about the remote, they have improved on the design as the older models tended to get beat up. On that note though they are not really meant to float around in your pockets and get thrown around with your key ring, that's why they came with a belt clip. I would say a good 80% of how the alarm is going to perform will be determined by the skill of the installer. Finding a knowledgeable and reputable shop is going to be of key importance.
    My remote is on my keychain and has survived. So the alarm didnt work so well and your installer said it was junk? Since the performance of the alarm is pretty much completely reliant on the skill of the installer i think that says alot about his skills. A great installer can make a basic alarm do your homework and a shitty installer can take the best alarm and make it set your car on fire. Ask me how i know LOL

Update, I havehad my viper 5901 for a couple weeks now, and so far so good. No problems with the remote, still haven't had to charge the remote, can't get the remote start to work but w.e. it also tells me the temp inside the car. I'm still figuring out the features but its been good so far
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Evolved

No remote start? That's the best part

did u leave a spare key in the car? Or did you use the bypasskits? For remote start

I purchased the bypasskit so I didn't have to leave my spare
    tr
    MY NAME IS ROMEO...BUT ALSO GO BY JO...<br /><br />

I didn't know I had to have a spare key, to program the remote star. And then he told me something about needing a seperate part to make it work? Idk I was like w.e then
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Evolved

yeah either you leave a spare key hidden somewhere in your dash, or you get the bypass kit (model# pku-mit) so it can learn the code for your car so it can start the car without the key

I chose the bypass kit instead of wasting my spare key..plus i dont like the fact of leaving my key in the car somewhere...

if you sit in your car and lock it, and hold the key near the ignition and press the remote start it should start up, thats to test if it works...but you do need one of the methods to have the remote start work...

well worth it though, especially on hot summer days, or cold winter mornings

There are 2 issues with remote starting an evo. 1 is the immobolizer and 2 is the Clutch safety switch. Remote start is not suppose to be used on a Manual. The law is that in order to start a manual car there must be a safety switch on the clutch pedal. So that you cannot start the car without pushing this in. It is illegal to defeat this safety feature so Remote starts arent made to be installed on Manual cars. That being said if you bypass the clutch safety switch by unplugging it, you can then start the car without pushing in the clutch pedal Be very carefull not to start it in gear. Then we come to the immobolizer, The extra part you are talkin about is an enclosure/transmitter for the factory key that will send the signal from the key to the ignition switch. This device can develope problems over time and is pretty easy to find if the thief knows the car has remote start. The easiest and cheapest way to get around the immobolizer for remote start is to simply disable it in the ECU. Its very easy to do for anyone that has ECUFlash. Putting a Key into a transmitter box or buying a kit is essentially disabling this feature anyway.

kill switch ftmfw....O0
    &nbsp; &nbsp;

Evolved

The 5701 and 5901 are made fir manual cars

if you leave it in gear car won't start or even activate

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    viper 5902 with smart start enabled for my iphone...

on my level... get on it
    love it so far... has all the fail safes to assure that it will not start if it's in gear... dunno what everyone is trippen about...

and yes... it has 2 way alerts to my iphone... pretty shnazzy... i dont like the 15 second or so delay when using the iphone out of a wifi network... but i'm sure that'll be fixed later down the road

God I gotta get an Iphone if i had one i would for damn sure buy that alarm accesory! How are you liking that setup? Does it Call your phone if a zone is triggered?
    illuzionz 1.0

I wasnt aware they had developed a device that could attach to the shifter to tell if it is in gear or not.

I wasnt aware they had developed a device that could attach to the shifter to tell if it is in gear or not.
    they did... they also bypass the clutch safety switch when wireing the alarm system... they also verify that you've got your parking brake up... overall took me 2 hours to remove the old system and install my viper unit... took 20 min to activate my smart start system to work w/ my iphone
    illuzionz 1.0

hey joey, where did you get it installed? pm info about it plz

Pmd
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

thanks for the info sir

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast