Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: santa barbara evos! where ya at?

santa barbara evos! where ya at?

ill be moving to goleta in the fall, attending sbcc. 8)

wondering if there are any evos in the area.

im not familiar with the area.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705572741<br /><br />Past Cars:<br />2005 Silver 350z <br />2006 Black 350z <br />2008 Silver G37 sport <br /><br />Current cars:<br /><br />2008 PB GSR Evo X <br />HKS SSQV<br />MXP Downpipe<br />MXP test pipe<br /><br />2008 Raven R6 (stock)<br /><br />*On the Way*<br />.......

Re: santa barbara evos! where ya at?

Hey welcome, I Got a WW in IV. I go to school up there too, not that big of a car scene unfortunately, although there are some ricers that meet in front of the home depot on friday nights in goleta. Hit me up.

i think ive see your car a few time, i visted my gf during the spring term frequently.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705572741<br /><br />Past Cars:<br />2005 Silver 350z <br />2006 Black 350z <br />2008 Silver G37 sport <br /><br />Current cars:<br /><br />2008 PB GSR Evo X <br />HKS SSQV<br />MXP Downpipe<br />MXP test pipe<br /><br />2008 Raven R6 (stock)<br /><br />*On the Way*<br />.......

Probs. nice! well im sure ill be seeing you around more now.

I am in Ventura, about 30 minutes away.......
    Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Beautiful Corpse.........

I'm a sb local...

sick!

are there any weekly meets in the area?

like Ryevolution said there's ricers that meet in front of home depot on Friday nites. I've only been there once. There's a couple of X's out here but not too many. There's also a meets in OX on Sundays i believe not sure if they still meet. But I'm sure we could get some evos to start our own meets.

+1^^^ let's do it!

im down! lol, i have a RR evo X and live in Goleta! i'll be at the Friday night meet this week
    Carpe Diem

Keep me in the loop, there are a number of us up here in the SLO area, but no club.
    I also work on them in SLO if you are interested.

Mike
    Mike C

^ work on evos ? what kind of work?
    Carpe Diem

You name it.

We are just finishing up on a Kelford 272 cam and valve spring install, 1080cc injectors, 100 cell cat, and switchable maps (91 and 100 octane), along with some other smaller stuff. On an 05 MR. The car is running just over 1.5 bar according to it's stock boost gauge, and we spin it to 8500, might bump it to 8700.
    We need to change the boost pill, as we are running 80% duty cycle on the stock boost solenoid, which won't let us get target boost when we swap to the 100 octane map.

We also fixed an evo x, which was tuned somewhere else, and had an aftermarket boost controller on it. The aftermarket controller wouldn't let it get past 1.5 bar, and it would go into limp home mode under high boost, low RPM and mid throttle. We worked on that map for a few days, swapped back over to the stock dual solenoid boost control, installed a new boost pill, and now the car hits 1.9bar at 3500 and has a steady taper to 1.6 at redline.
    We also installed Eibach springs and 3/8" wheel spacers, and checked the alignment on this X.
    The X belongs to my customer's wife. She hated it after it was tuned by this other shop, it kept leaving her stranded on the side of the road. She wanted to sell it. Now she loves it! He has a 9. We are going to be installing the clutch in it when he gets the $. We tuned it, but couldn't finish the tune as the clutch stared to slip under the extra power. We will finish the tune after we put the new clutch in.

We also just plane work on them, normal maintenance, any Mitsubishi actually. I've been working on and tuning Mitsubishis since 1992. And started on Subaru in 2005.
    I stock the Diaqueen, for the t-case AND the tranny, along with Mitsu oil filters, etc.

The closest dealer to here is Bakersfield Mitsubishi, 110 miles away, next is Todey in "Ventura" Oxnard really.

Mike
    Mike C

^^ sounds good man. i think i met that guy with the 9 that owns the x at MOD 2010. i gotta hit u up, i just got an ams intake and some arc piping and might need some help. can you pm me your phone #?
    Carpe Diem

Cars
    EVO X MR

SB is too far from Simi

just giving ya guys heads up, ill be moving in the mesa area on the 19th. lets get the meet together!

hey mike, wondering if you guys do custom exhaust work. ive been dying to get a catback.

whose the guy in the iv area with the red wingless rr x.

i was down in goleta last thurs and fri, apartment shopping

thats me man, i live in goleta but work in IV
    Carpe Diem

Where do you work at man?

Any motorcycle riders in the area?

i work at the Park District in IV, there are some bike riders around i think, a lot of vespa drivers in SB and IV lol
    Carpe Diem

Are you a student at ucsb?
    Know of any part time jobs available?
    831 239 9734, hit me up man. Let's get this goleta meet together or hit the bars or something

I'll be in the iv area alot, all my homies live in iv and my gf too

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast