Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: evo 9! how to make 400+ awhp on 91 oct??

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Re: evo 9! how to make 400+ awhp on 91 oct??

For straight 91 you would need normal bolt on mods and a GT35 turbo. Usually about 420 whp.

Mike W

Does any one run the ATP 35r on 91???

Quote Originally Posted by bmxhotsauce
    E85 would be great but without a gas station that has that in town how would I get around?? I do go out of town alot and how would I find gas as well
    dual map tune... go get e85 when you want/need it and the rest of the times you can just switch maps on stock ecu and fill up on 91. Something not possible on a subaru without a COBB AP. Â*Both maps will require a tune. Depending on the tuner you can ask them to just make your 91 map driveable for A to B stuff and e85 for full kill mode if you want to save a couple bucks. After going e85 most people tend to become hesitant to punch it on 91 for whatever reason even those with a full kill 91 tune. Â*

Does any one run the ATP 35r on 91???
    those are garbage, FP red or FP black are good bolt on equivalents to a 35R

Quote Originally Posted by RisingphoenIx
    E85 would be great but without a gas station that has that in town how would I get around?? I do go out of town alot and how would I find gas as well
    dual map tune... go get e85 when you want/need it and the rest of the times you can just switch maps on stock ecu and fill up on 91. Something not possible on a subaru without a COBB AP. Â*Both maps will require a tune. Depending on the tuner you can ask them to just make your 91 map driveable for A to B stuff and e85 for full kill mode if you want to save a couple bucks. After going e85 most people tend to become hesitant to punch it on 91 for whatever reason even those with a full kill 91 tune. Â*
    thats what i was gunna say.. MAP SWITCH with two diff. tunes!

^this is guy sounds like he knows his shit!

"Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut."

Ya I really like the dual map on my Suby I had an AP and it can hold a lot of maps how do you save maps or 2 on an Evo?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

People keep pointing to that thread about meth. The meth pump wasnt turned on he says. It had been busted for a while before he got the car to tune. What am I missing?

Mike W

-full 3" turboback
    -invida/titek/works o2 housing
    -ams/cbrd/nisei/buschur intercooler
    -nisei/ams licp
    -ported exhaust mani, porting intake mani, ported 65mm tb
    -bbk full,fp red, hta green(ported as well)
    -aem intake or drop in filter
    -880cc injectors if you plan on staying on 91oct or 1200cc+ if you plan on going the e85 route sometime in the future
    -"whinebro" fuel pump
    -kelford tx272, cosworth m2, gsc s2, fp4r(all good cams)
    -arp headstuds

with those mods and the turbos posted above you should be 400+ whp easily on that cali piss

Ya I really like the dual map on my Suby I had an AP and it can hold a lot of maps how do you save maps or 2 on an Evo?
    the oem ecu is capable of holding two maps 8)
    &quot;anywhere worth going, is worth going there fast!&quot;<br /><br />&quot;if you ain&#039;t first, you&#039;re last.&quot;

Hey im from Fresno also, well actually Friant I live on the Brighton Crest golf course right across from Table mountain, I dont know any Evo owners in town just Suby owners, and they all hate, Hmm must be the mods I have

400 AWHP on what dyno, If your making that number on the GST, FFTEC or Reese Tuning mustang dyno then you really have power, 400 AWHP on most of the other dyno's in Cali are bogus IMO but also remember dyno number dont mean shit for the most part. I beat a 402 AWHP gt35 powered evo with my 350 AWHP IX turbo before I went crazy with my build. O0

You will not make that number with these mods that MOMO suggested, but you can come close if you do a speed density conversion, if you run the Fp black it could maybe be possible on a actual legit dyno, because it is the most efficient stock replacement turbo and should allow you to run up to 27 psi with no knock, but then again it all depends on the supporting mods, a COP kit and a Garret based intercooler are two important ingredients on getting the most out of 91 oct, the other important things are high lift cams and ported everything if your set on 91 oct only.

full 3" turboback
    -invida/titek/works o2 housing
    -ams/cbrd/nisei/buschur intercooler
    -nisei/ams licp
    -ported exhaust mani, porting intake mani, ported 65mm tb
    -bbk full,fp red, hta green(ported as well)
    -aem intake or drop in filter
    -880cc injectors if you plan on staying on 91oct or 1200cc+ if you plan on going the e85 route sometime in the future
    -"whinebro" fuel pump
    -kelford tx272, cosworth m2, gsc s2, fp4r(all good cams)
    -arp headstuds
    Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/kWem9.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;Hosted by imgur.com&quot; /&gt;

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBeatMotoR
    That thread is ridiculous anyone that believes Mike at AWD Motorsports is a follower, I have ran meth for over 30k miles with the mods in my sig with zero problems. Blowing a engine with meth is because of lack of failsafes and routine checks making sure the system is working properly. A good tuner will tune the car based on methanols cooling attributes not thinking " Hey with 91 and meth I can tune it to the max, because now it's just like race fuel" that's just a horrible tuner.
    Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/kWem9.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;Hosted by imgur.com&quot; /&gt;

My sudy made well over 402 awhp on gst dyno on my EQ tuning tune.. I never seen your car in Fresno at all

I dont go to any meets at all it, has a ETS IC with the ETS stencil and the Cusco power Brace with blacked out headlights and the flat black VIII MR jdm tail lights, with Bronze 18x9.5 Volk wheels, I drive it from my house to the riverpark area a few times a month and other times I drive it up to pismo or the monterey area, other then that it stays home, I have been paranoid since I had the seats stolen out of it a couple years back :oops: and now with the built engine im extra cautious.

I dont really care for the people at all the local meets most of them are stuck on the ricer stuff, have you seen the burgandy wrx with a cheap evo knock off wing that dips in the middle, I usually spot it near the 99 and Jensen area those are the types im talking about.

BTW have you thought of getting e-85 at stanleys in Tulare and just filling up some jugs? My buddy does that for his 69 Camaro, I might do it but my Meth set-up has proven to be reliable for me.

ya i heard of that too but its a 50 min drive plus no truck at all so it would be hard to get that gas around... but ill think of something what mods do you have done if you don't mine me asking and mu buddy clint with a 07 sti live in the houses you live in too

Ya a Blue Sti with a lot of body and interior mods but no real performance mods Is what I heard, A GTR lives a few houses down and I have only seen it twice in 8 months.

My mods are extensive

583 awhp 472 awtq @ 34 psi 91/meth conservative tune since it's on meth

ETS PT6062 equal length turbo kit, Ported Skunk2 IM, Skunk2 TB, Sparktek C.O.P.,Injen intake/IC pipes, ETS 3.5 IC, FIC 1150CC, Blaq Ops Double pumper, RRE HFC, Perrin C/B, Aquamist, Tomei Procams, Fidanza Cam Gears, ARP head/main studs, CBRD rad, Ralliart Thermo, Tomei oil thermo, SAMCO Rec BOV, GM 3 port,BC springs/retainers,MAHLE pistons +20,Carrillo rods, Eagle crank,MAP REV2 head port.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sweet dude,,, who did your tune?

I did it through Mellon Tuning with email, and evoscan. I would do pulls and log it then send the logs through email then he would adjust them and send em back, till it was as good as possible.

wow sounds like a hard and long process for a tune lol. but the number speak for themselves.. that Aquamist sounds sweet from big AL and all the cars he tunes as well

you did not just mention big gay AL........

^^^^ LOL! I was gonna say something but i decided not to, glad you did though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast