Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas tank door broken AGAIN

Gas tank door broken AGAIN

just curious to see if it's just me with this problem..
    the small clip thing inside the gas tank came off / broken again.. so when I flip up the tank opener it won't open. =(
    this happened to be before and had it fixed at dealer, but it happened again.. am i doing something that may cause this??
    "Looney Tuned"

North OC Meet Coordinator R-EVOLUTION's Avatar
    Cars
    Evo IX

Re: Gas tank door broken AGAIN

My buddy had the same issue, use gorrilla glue to glue it back on if you still have the peice..it works..
    INSTAGRAM:REVOLUTIONIX

This happend to I just bought another clip that opens the gas tank and put it on and never had a problem since

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Quote Originally Posted by Ixse
    just curious to see if it's just me with this problem..
    the small clip thing inside the gas tank came off / broken again.. so when I flip up the tank opener it won't open. =(
    this happened to be before and had it fixed at dealer, but it happened again.. am i doing something that may cause this??
    Your opening the door WAY to far open... bends the clip out of shape :\
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

I have the same problem

Same problem. Every once in a while mine will come out too

Dam, thats so lame!

Canyon Racer

i put some think double side tape on the pin and slid it in, so that solved it but every time i pop it open i push the pin to make sure its still in the same position, or location so i don't have to replace it again :)

anyone have a link to where I can buy one? lol mine broke and I'm just gonna get a new one! Sorry if this is an old post lol I used the search!
    Rallevo<br />If you want to join DirtyEvo join here: http://www.dirtyevo.com/index.php?referrerid=336<br />

Just hit up the dealer it's only like 5 bux for one

Quote Originally Posted by vietman
    Just hit up the dealer it's only like 5 bux for one
    I'm an hour and a half from the nearest one so it would end up being a 40 dollar part with gas lol I don't even know what it's called to look it up haha
    Rallevo<br />If you want to join DirtyEvo join here: http://www.dirtyevo.com/index.php?referrerid=336<br />

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

Same thing here but then I just use my key and it pops open after the lever is pulled.
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

I just stick my key in there with my shirt so it doesn't scratch and pop it open. I found the part number, I dont need the link anymore :)

mine has been broken for over a year now, i just prop the handle up with a small piece of wood then go outside to the gas tank door and push it open.

Mine does that too lol
    [quote author=evolved13 link=topic=117539.msg8317709#msg8317709 date=1333121663]<br />I heard that that Jet Blue pilot had his car in Reese&#039;s shop over the weekend and couldn&#039;t take anymore bullshit......<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=pikadosboy link=topic=117539.msg8317729#msg8317729 date=1333124287]<br />hahahahha, the mofo was trying to crash that plane @ reese shop.[/quote]

Cars
    Ebo IX

fuel door clip O0 $1.58 at SCM but picked it up at anaheim where it was $3.33 but sam price matched it :)

^^ you mean Huntington beach?
    [quote author=evolved13 link=topic=117539.msg8317709#msg8317709 date=1333121663]<br />I heard that that Jet Blue pilot had his car in Reese&#039;s shop over the weekend and couldn&#039;t take anymore bullshit......<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=pikadosboy link=topic=117539.msg8317729#msg8317729 date=1333124287]<br />hahahahha, the mofo was trying to crash that plane @ reese shop.[/quote]

Cars
    Ebo IX

Quote Originally Posted by socalturbo
    ^^ you mean Huntington beach?
    LOLOL wow fail yess HB my bad!!

thats funny that happened to my friend yesterday

This actually happened to me today. I went to the gas station and tried opening the fuel door, but it wouldn't budge, though I saw this thread later on. I took the car to the dealership and they fixed everything since my car was still under warranty. Go SCM! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast