Thread: Modified Exhaust ticket

Modified Exhaust ticket

I got a modified exhaust ticket last month, but it was marked as correctable. So am I going to get a court courtesy notice for this or just fix it myself , have it signed and good to go? Also I have full turboback do you guys suggest me to take off the downpipe too or just the exhaust plus the straight pipe?

Anyone knows an affordable place for me to do this? Since i really don't have any tools to do this.

Re: Modified Exhaust ticket

What kind of exhaust do you have? You can get it switched out for like 45 bucks at some shops, but maybe not the entire thing. maybe just cat back. Also, where did you get the ticket?

Cars
    EVO X MR

Just take put the stock shit back on, the cat too. Reff station check for that shit

You should get a courtesy notice in the mail but if you dont, your still obligated to go to court. You might as well swap out the whole exhaust but you might be able to get away with it if your stock one bolts up the aftermarket test pipe.

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R

If it's simply a modified exhaust ticket you received from local PD or county sheriff, simply take off your aftermarket exhaust and switch it with your OEM. You could risk it by only swapping the cat-back, but that's completely up to you. Since it's a fix it ticket, should only be around $25 and case dismissed. If you don't fix it, you're looking at about $150.

leave the downpipe throw the stock cat and cbe on and your good to go man thats what i did. where are you located?
    WTB: jdm 7 tails

I just got one just put the stock rear mufflers on and they signed it and had to mount a front license plate I left my downpipe and testpipe on they didn't even look at it just tokens to start it

Cars
    EVO X MR

oh shit, I thought you got reffed too

no if its a correctable ticket they dont reff it the reff tickets will say it on the paper i had one of those on my gsx i think those are pink and the correctable tickets are yellow all they care about is how loud it is if they dont here any more noise which putting the stock muffler back on does and is only a 30 min job tops they will pass u there to lazy to crawl underneath the car and check lol

exhaust isn't too bad if it's fixable, if they pop your hood and you have other bolt on go fast goodies that aren't legal, now that's a real pain

aight guys, I putted back the whole OEM setup due to the fitment problem, since my downpipe flange is 3 inch fitment and my cat is 2'' oem so they won't fit.

I was on Garden Grove Blvd/Beach going toward knott direction. The cop was initially in front of me, then he went into a small street , came back out, followed me for about 10 seconds and pulled me over..wtf? I guess it was the end of the month and he had to meet his monthly quota for writing out tickets.

On my ticket, he kinda checked both Yes and No. It's very clear that he checked the Yes box, but he sort of wrote a small/blurry check on the No box too. So I am not sure if he is trying to screw me over or wat since as of today I still have not receive my court courtesy notice yet.

BTW when I went to the CHP office in Goldenwest, they didn't even step out of their office and just signed off my ticket. They just asked if I remove my loud exhaust and put back the factory one and I said yes then they signed it. The whole thing took less than 2 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by TougeFreak
    BTW when I went to the CHP office in Goldenwest, they didn't even step out of their office and just signed off my ticket. They just asked if I remove my loud exhaust and put back the factory one and I said yes then they signed it. The whole thing took less than 2 minutes...
    That's CHP for you...
    <br /><br />Alex: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could crash here for a while. <br />Dante: Whoa, I don&#039;t know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days. <br />Alex: You&#039;re getting a lion? <br />Dante: Yeah. <br />Alex: Why? <br />Dante: To protect my shit. <br />Alex: Never heard of a dog? <br />Dante: Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody fucks with a lion. <br />Alex: Yeah, that&#039;s true.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmw
    exhaust isn't too bad if it's fixable, if they pop your hood and you have other bolt on go fast goodies that aren't legal, now that's a real pain
    I don't think that cop know much about car..since he made me popped my hood and I have an open element intake , BOV , boost controller. But they look kinda stealth. So I guess I got away with it.

ask the judge to make it non-correctable in court. then just pay the fine. its alot easier that way