Thread: What can evoscan do that logworks can not? and viceversa?

What can evoscan do that logworks can not? and viceversa?

A question I have tried to find the answer to before spending hundres of dollars on a wideband 02 sensor.

What can evoscan do that logworks can not? and viceversa?

Evoscan does not seen to support the newer wideband o2 sensor meters with usb connectors out of the box like the LM-2 out of the box(you have to buy cables and enter it as an LC-1/ or do soldering work...which I'm not interested in getting involved in).

What data would I not be able to get with just using logworks 3 , that I would get from evoscan?

Re: What can evoscan do that logworks can not? and viceversa?

logworks is to be used for the innovate hardware. Evoscan allows you to log data directly from the ECU and has support for external sensors such as the LM-1, LC-1, and zetronix widebands as well as MAP sensor data.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick@RALLInspired
    logworks is to be used for the innovate hardware. Evoscan allows you to log data directly from the ECU and has support for external sensors such as the LM-1, LC-1, and zetronix widebands as well as MAP sensor data.
    I modern day laptops do not have serial ports can you connect the LM-1 directly to the laptop using a simple serial to usb connector?

Quote Originally Posted by dwongcarreras
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@RALLInspired
    I modern day laptops do not have serial ports can you connect the LM-1 directly to the laptop using a simple serial to usb connector?
    yes. some serial to usb adapters have drive issue but you should be ok. if the plan is to tune your own car just get an LC-1. the gauge is not needed to log AFRs via evoscan.

Evoscan also supports ECU flashing and you can actually purchased an openport cable that is licensed for use with Evoscan instead of ecuflash for a little bit cheaper. Most don't realize that ECUFlash isnt free you actually buy the license to use it when you buy the cable.