Thread: How to Temp Fix Broken Ac/Heater Controls

How to Temp Fix Broken Ac/Heater Controls

This is a quick and easy way to turn on and off your heater and Ac with broken Ac controls.Â* Â*If you like one of the many that has a evo 8 or 9 with this flaw, hopefully this helps you out.

This picture is from the floor board, looking towards the center console.Â* I markered the part you need to move back and forth GREEN, so you know what part you need to move back and forth.

UP!

Down...

Pretty easy no?Â* Â*

good luck!

Re: How to Temp Fix Broken Ac/Heater Controls

Fuck yessssss.... I have heat again and no longer freezing my ass off in the morning!! Thanks man!

Cars
    evo9(sold), evo 8(sold), 2014 evo x gsr, 2012 evo x mr

this is a good quick way to solve the prob O0. did the cable break? if i get a chance to open the dash this weekend ill post a pic of my ghetto fix job haha. its been holding up for over a year now.

i would use my foot to toggle it from heater to ac lol. and then i fixed my cable lol

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

great, thanks very much! Â*i have a similar problem where the temp control doesn't hold the extra hot position. Â*this should be able to guarantee that.
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by one4
    this is a good quick way to solve the prob O0. did the cable break? if i get a chance to open the dash this weekend ill post a pic of my ghetto fix job haha. its been holding up for over a year now.
    Yea my cable is broken
    And have litterally not had a heater for over a year

when my cable bent a couple of years ago i removed it and started doing this by hand too. Pretty sad if you ask me that we have to resort to such things. Ide emagine there would be a pretty good sized market for converting to JDM HVAC controls if someone would put together an install kit.

O0 +1
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Not So Newbie

Pics not working. Anyone has pics in how to do this?

^ Did you notice this thread is over 2 years old? That would be why the pictures don't work.

Not So Newbie

Well that is why I was wondering if anyone got some pics that could show me now:)

Quote Originally Posted by accountant
    Well that is why I was wondering if anyone got some pics that could show me now:)
    +1
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Cars
    03 TB VIII
    my cable broke too so I replaced it but it was still tough to toggle from hot to cold ... I figured the cable was new and needed to just be "worn in" a bit, but after a few weeks the actual knob broke! It broke the white part that it connects to too, to the actual unit so now I am screwed! I looked online to see how much it would cost to replace the white part behind the knobs that does all the AC/Heat controlling and it was like almost $300!!!! Does anyone have this part available for sale or know where I can purchase it for cheaper??!! HELP!!!
    But because of his great love 4 us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive w/ Christ even when we were dead in sin—it is by grace u have been saved. And God raised us up w/ Christ and seated us w/ him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:4-7 (NIV)