Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where do you go for smog check?

Re: where do you go for smog check?

^^ +1
    Roads, where we're going we don't need roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W
    Oops, I did totally miss read that you didnt want to do anything illegal. Just a little illegal, Not TOTALLY illegal. Like you want us to post up a smog shop that is willing to risk a big fat fine for looking the other way, but not to the point of being willing to go to jail for you.

Got it. OK new list them. Any one?

Mike W
    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
    This is not a good place to ask stuff like that, use the buddy system and see what you can find. But I do smell bacon eh? Specially with a name of tougefreak.
    Not trying to start a flame fest here, but my original question was if I only had a forge bov and intake on, would it be possible for me to pass the visual inspection. Because I still have the original airbox and plastic bov which I can put them back on.

About the name, I think people have the rights or freedom to choose what they use, not like I am using something like Iluvbreaklaw or whatever or I have been sniffing around about illegal activities or wat not. I think it makes as much senses as your user name and guess what? I even used this name even before the evo came to the U.S.

Anyways, I supposed you are right about this is not the right place to ask such questions, since nothing really constructive came out since I posted.

What I don't understand is how you've been in the Evo community since "Aug 2005" and you don't know 2 things... 1.) A place to get smogged. Legally or illegally. 2.) People don't share that kind of information online or in writing at all for that matter!

Good luck with getting your smog though..

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionIX
    What I don't understand is how you've been in the Evo community since "Aug 2005" and you don't know 2 things... 1.) A place to get smogged. Legally or illegally. 2.) People don't share that kind of information online or in writing at all for that matter!

Good luck with getting your smog though..
    I actually did the McDonald smog check on my first one, but last year I got a ticket so I took off most of my stuffs, and just left some of the minor stuffs on. So this year I am thinking maybe I can pass with a regular check, but I read on evolutionm.net that some places will fail you the second they spot a non-oem part so was wondering if those minor stuffs I mentioned above will fail the visual inspection since I plan on putting some stuffs back on after this, and also there are some places which won't charge unless they can pass you, so was wondering if there is anything like that within my area.

Ahh..I see. Well all of this (^^) information should have been put in your original post and you wouldn't have gotten so much crap from everyone.

As someone said before, you should take it to a regular spot, pop your hood and ask them, will you fail me with these items..? Yes, you will fail me, ok, goodbye and move to the next place. No, you wont fail me, sweet, lets do business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12