Thread: Alignment Help Needed

Alignment Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, here is the deal, I put new shoes on the car and went back to the OEM size vs. the 255's I had on. After I put the new shoes on I noticed the drivers rear tire was cupping. First thing I did was take it to the shop for an alignment. It seems that the shop is unable to get the rear and particularly the drivers rear to 0 toe. The Best they can get is -.05 passenger rear, and -.08 drivers rear.

Our conclusion was that its possible that the Whiteline Bump Steer Bushings I had installed don't allow for as much adjustment. I saw the tech guy crank on it and he showed me, with the nut off the front lower control arm and he said see, it just won't go any farther, its maxed out.

So was curious how to fix this? I thought about putting the OEM bushings back in, but I no longer have them, and on Mitsparts.com the diagram of the rear suspension doesn't show part numbers for just the bushing that was replaced. So if anyone has any clues to why I can't get the rear to 0 toe I could really use the advice. Its pissing me off and cupping the tire. I thought it could be a strut issue, but the OEM Bilsteins have 45K on them, there is no seepage on the strut, and if you give the car a good rock their is no bounce at all.

I feel it has something to do with the bushings. Both sides can't get to 0 toe. Any Advise??

Here are the current alignment settings:

DF: -1.25 camber, 0 toe
    PF: -1.25 camber, 0 toe
    DR: -1.00 camber, -.08 Toe
    PR: -1.00 camber, -.05 Toe

Here is a pic of the tire:

Any Help or Advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

UPDATED

The alignment issue was caused by my Whiteline Bumpsteer bushings were incorrectly installed. Had them re installed, re alingned and now all is good O0

Jeff

Re: Alignment Help Needed

its very easy when putting the arm back into place on the subframe the position gets lost when putting the ecentric bolt back into place. happened a few times to me, only way to fix it is pull the arm out and realign the center spacer on the bushing. sucks but it is what it is...
    Body Work Master.<br /><br />XBOX Live - Evo9GSR add me!!!<br />Parts for sale:http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...;topic=72056.0