Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RALLInspired Finally a vendor! Introduction and Tuning Rate

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

RALLInspired Finally a vendor! Introduction and Tuning Rate

There have been some big changes for the RALLInspired project. This is will be left for informational purposes. Thank you to everyone who supported me from the start and what I was trying to do for the community. I'm still here, and i can assure you we aren't going anywhere. Our focus will be set on tuning for RRE and making THE BEST Mitsubishi shop even better. I look forward to continuing to serve you all.

Hello everyone,

First off thank you to Rob for allowing us to become a vendor here.Â* I am glad we were able to come to an agreement and understanding of each other.Â* Many of you already know who I am or have at least seen my name or logo floating around the forums.Â* My name is Rick Barcena and I am currently a freelance tuner for Subaru: Imprezas, WRXs, STIs, and Foresters, Mitsubishi: Eclipses, Lancers, Ralliarts, and Evolutions (7 - X), and Mazda Speed 3/6s.Â* We also offer Apexi Power FC support for most applications and are working hard to expand our stock Ecu support for more makes and models.Â* RALLInspired is the name I chose to call my tuning operation of Mistubishi and Subaru vehicles once people started taking me and my work seriously. I was and always will be an enthusiast at heart. I started like most others... a laptop, a cable, and diving into work on my own 2006 Evo IX. It took me a full year to come to an understanding of the stock ECU. Trial and error played a huge part into what i have learned and the tuning methods I have developed. I've been tuning for over 5 years now having tuned hundreds and hundreds of cars, and in that time i have been solely focused on providing the best possible service with the latest updates and methods for an honest price. It was never my intention to tune for a living and that's the approach and motivation I've always taken with me. In a world of people who read some essay on the internet and want to make a quick buck, the soul of what I do has always remained the same - to help the people with whom I share a common interest. Tuning has always been a hobby, turned passion, and now profession. What started out as me helping and fixing friends' cars has grown beyond anything I could have dreamed of, and the family of friends continues to grow. My work has taken me down a road I would have never thought I'd walk down leading me to making new friends, acquaintances, contacts, and doing work with and for some big names in the industry.

I have always and will always continue to do things in the same manner that has led to much success. I think of everyone I have tuned or met as a friend, and i treat everyone as I would like to be treated. I will always be here to fix the mistakes of others and those that i myself have done. I do not pretend to know everything, to be "the best", to have never made a mistake, and I never will. It's one of the reasons i think i have become so good at what i do and why the word has and continues to spread around about myself. Every tune is different and every tune is a learning and growth experience no matter how many times I have seen and done things. I love meeting new people and making friends and no matter how big or small I am. I will always see myself as just another car guy and I will never forget why and how i started. This is my full time job... i eat, breath, drink, and on occasion dream this stuff. Day in and day out I work hard to better serve the people that allow me to make a living doing something I love. We look forward to serving you all in anyway we can.

Rick@RALLInspired
    Robert Garcia
    FOLLOW RALLInspired Rick@RRE on FACEBOOK!!!<br /><br />Email: [email protected]<br /><br />Shop number: (562)777-1522<br /><br />Direct BUSINESS CELL: 562-802-4556 Call or text

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

Re: RALLInspired Finally a vendor! Introduction and Tuning Rate

RALLInspired 2013 rates

Logging:

Basic logs: $20 (this includes checking of ECU ROM/RAM and road logs to calculate power,torque. Boost included on Subarus, Evo Xs, and Ralliarts.Â* I will not pull your ROM/TUNE if you do not want me to.)
    Detailed logs: $40(i.e Evo 8/9Â* Requires a modification to your ROM to allow logging of boost IF NEEDED)

OPEN SOURCE BASE ROAD TUNING rates:
    F/I tuning (i.e. Evo, Ralliart, Legacy, WRX, STi) - pump gas, e85/ meth/ race fuel: $280.
    N/A (i.e. Lancer, Impreza, forester) tuning rate $200.

COBB AP TUNING: No additional Cost (Subaru, Mazda Speed 3/6, Evo, Ralliart, GTR)

RETUNES: Starts at $180

Dyno tuning: ADD dyno rates. $100-$200 flat rate.

3 ports boost control solenoids PnP (PLUG AND PLAY and allows the finest ECU boost control method):
    Evo 8/9 - $95+tax, $60 installation
    Subaru applications/Evo X: $95+tax, $40 install
    MazdaSpeed Applications: $95+tax, $80 install

Fuel pumps
    Evo 8/9: walbro 255$95 + tax, $40 install
    Evo X e85 compatible fuel pump kit: DW direct fit pump $150, $80 install
    Subarus 2002-2007: Walbro 255 $95+tax, $80 install
    Subarus 2008+: DW pump direct fit $150, $80 install

Hourly rate:
    $80/hr (this would include anything not power tuning related. Example would be me scaling your injectors or maf if you choose not to have me FULLY tune or re-tune the car).
    FOLLOW RALLInspired Rick@RRE on FACEBOOK!!!<br /><br />Email: [email protected]<br /><br />Shop number: (562)777-1522<br /><br />Direct BUSINESS CELL: 562-802-4556 Call or text

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

FAQ

What is your refund policy?

Quality guarantee: If you are not happy with the tune you will owe me nothing and I will flash the car back the way it was before you came.Â* However, for the sake of protecting myself and my work the moment you leave i will not refund the money. If tuning related issues come up i will fix the problem FREE if it was my error. Do NOT go changing parts on me or you will owe me the retune/labor rate(s). I do not BS you; please don't try to BS me.Â* Payment is only taken afterwards unless you wish to use paypal.

What is your availability?

We tune all day everyday. We do try to maintain basic operating hours from 8am - 6pm. Because I am freelance, I do my best to accommodate your schedule. Please understand that because i do this i would LIKE to have things scheduled in advance. I can often times squeeze people in and tuning until 5-6 am is not uncommon for me. I am however, a full time father and student in college so please take this into consideration.

Do you do mechanical work?
    I personally do not consider myself to be any sort of mechanic or tech, but Robert Garcia and our pending team offer services from basic maintenance to full fledged track support and builds.

IS a dyno really needed?

Dyno tuning is preferred. For most basic bolt ons and stock framed turbos a dyno is not essential in my opinion. It does allow me to better control the environment and is more convenient and MUCH safer than road tuning pulls, but again the cost of rental does not always yield better results. For higher powered vehicles a dyno IS A MUST.Â*

Will tuning void my warranty?
    In a nut shell, YES. Then again so does any type of unapproved modification. The COBB APs are capable of keeping the "reflash counter" in the ECUs intact however this does not guarantee anything at anytime. When it comes to improving a cars performance or fixing ECU related issues there are many factors and unfortunately when it comes to engines and going faster we all have to pay to play. If you are afraid of voiding your warranty don't mod or tune it. Enjoy theses cars for what they are from the factory; if that's not enough, then i will be here. IF for any reason you need me to flash the car back to stock i make back-up copies of everything and this is free of charge.

Do you offer email, internet, or mail-in flashes?
    Yes. However, i always do things the correct way. what does this mean for you? It means that you will spend a little more money on on the flash than you would from someone else or on equipment to make sure i get the most i can out of your car. The required hardware and process are a little different depending on how you plan to flash the car. I do not offer generic/ OTS (off the shelf) maps without feedback (logs) from you.

What is the difference between open source and COBB APs?
    The first one is that COBB access ports should keep the reflash counter in the ECU untouched. This means that if Subaru/Mitsubishi checks your ECU for any reason it will appear that the car has never been flashed (as long as you have loaded your original ROM) because it technically hasn't been due to the way they work. Will this save your warranty? NO. There is no guarantee. The second is the ability of the Access port to hold multiple maps and it allows you to swap on the fly (SUBARUS ONLY!!! EVO 7-X stock ECUs can have multiple maps stored). The Cobb AP is also a hand held data logger and DTC checker. COBB offers generic OTS (off the shelf) generic tunes that cover certain "stages" (a COBB only term). They are not customized and need to be safe enough to ensure they can cover a wide range of vehicles. This often times means there is always power left on the table. We can protune your AP and give you a customized/personal Map. Open source offers a little more ECU control IF there is support code for you ROM. Open source actually reflashes the ECU. There are a wide variety of free tuning tools and programs that allow us to keep the cost lower and in some cases make our life easier.Â* For Subarus there are special perks to the COBB system which automatically include launch control and speed density capabilities.

What type of boost control method do you recommend?
    ECU boost with a 3 port boost control solenoid. Upgraded 3 ports allow the finest method of boost control in my experience and opinion. They are also far cheaper than EBCs. Next comes upgrading to an aftermarket boost pill. This is less expensive than EBCs, 3 ports, and most MBCs. The downsides are a lower limit to peak boost than any other method except for an untouched factory system, less fine boost boost control than a 3 port, and they are really only compatible with internal wastgates on factory 2 port boost control systems. With either method, the ECU will constantly be monitoring and adjusting boost levels to hit a target boost. This allows for consistent boost regardless of gear, weather, and atmospheric conditions. If you have ever paid attention to the how MBCs work, they tend to over boost on cold nights and under boost on hotter days. Also, MBCs/EBCs cannot force a turbo to spool fast enough to hit target boost in lower gears (under boost) and cannot allow the wastegate to open enough in higher gears resulting in over boost in the higher gears. The ability to target a specific boost at different RPMs ranges allows me to keep the turbos within their efficiency ranges. Higher boost is not always better. ECU control allows me to give a good peak boost for lower end torque and then ease off (depending on turbo) where a turbo and boost level are no longer providing an advantage to power or torque. Because ECU control is programed into your tuned MAP, the boost settings will change instantly when you change maps via flash or AP. The next method I prefer is a good old MBC. In certain situations, specifically with SOME external wastegates, 3 ports cannot provide adequate regulation of boost pressure to keep the boost curve/profile in line. There are several reasons for this and unless you are ok with spending time money and effort to attempt to fix the issue (which sometimes cannot be fixed), a MBC is usually the more effective route to go. Remember though that MBCs will be affected by certain factors and that there is nothing to keep them in check other than fuel cut or you constantly looking at a boost gauge if you have one. Last is an EBC (electronic boost controller). Before ECU boost methods were perfected EBCs used to be the fancy way of controlling boost but they are far too expensive for what they are today. I can and will tune your EBC if you have one but you are, IMO, better off selling it, getting a 3 port/MBC, and then keeping/spending the rest of the money for something else... like the TUNE itself. The advantage of SOME EBCs, over a standard MBC, is the ability to change boost profiles with the touch of a button if it is required and fail-safes to drop boost before the ECU fuel cut. Lastly, if you are willing to spend the money this will save from having to get out and raise or lower boost via MBC if you have multiple maps and ECU control is not effective.

What maintenance should i do before and after a tune?
    1. spark plugs: Make sure your spark plugs are in good condition and that the heat range and GAPs are even and correct for your application. Make sure you keep notes for maintenance after a tune as changing spark plugs can and will throw your tune off.
    2. boost/vacuum leaks: tighten all clamps and zip tie as many hoses are you can. A boost leak test is preferred before hand. If your car was tuned with a leak and you fix it the car will run differently.
    3. Exhaust leaks: make sure there are ZERO leaks before the turbo and immediately after the hotside. 90% of cars have some sort of leak in the exhaust piping. This is not a HUGE deal as long as exhaust is not pouring out and kept to a minimum.
    4. Clean MAF: make sure your MAF is clean. Go out and buy a can at autozone. Again make sure this is done before hand and kept up.
    5. Tire pressure/alignments. Tuning on a dyno or road can be thrown off if tire pressure and wheel alignments are off. This will not cause the tune to "change" but it will skew some of my data.
    6. Other basic maintenance. Remember the wear on your car. The better the car is maintained the more i can pull out of it and the longer it will last you... that simple.
    7 Logging: no one knows your car better than you. If you feel something is off or has changed contact me to schedule a logging session before or after a tune. Basic logs are free and i do this as a courtesy to EVERYONE. Even "check-ups" several times a year to make sure everything is as it should be is recommended. Logging will help me help you. Parts break, wear out, come loose, etc.

What mods do i NEED or do YOU RECOMMEND before a tune?
    None. Even in 100% stock for ALL cars have something to gain through tuning. That being said, you will see higher gains with the RIGHT mods. As far as power is concerned, you need to work on flow mods; the more air you can flow and the more efficiently you can do it, the more power and torque you will make. Exhaust is always the best place to start and in terms of physics a pipe is a pipe (for the most part). As long as you pick a "quality" exhaust, meaning nice welds and no tapers or pinches, i could care less if you buy an ebay or $10,000 titanium JDM exhaust. 3" exhaust piping will cover 99% of the turbo applications out there. After that comes intake. Try to pick an intake that increases flow and keeps air temps low (heat shield or CAI). At this point you may need to improve your fuel system. Next comes a bigger turbo, THEN an Intercooler to support the turbo, and THEN cams to maximize flow efficiency. All of these depend on power goals and intended use of the car. This will also determine whether or not you will NEED to build your engine. The biggest piece of advice i can give you is to try to come up with a goal and then plan a budget around it. People always want to think beyond their means or think that spending crap loads of money will make them happy. Is it worth $600 to gain 20whp or $100 to gain 5whp or $1600 to gain 50whp? That's up to you as everyones views and opinions are different. I am the type of person that loves making the most with as little as possible and it doesn't take much for ME to be happy or content. Start out smaller and work your way up. Don't let the INTERNET build your car. If you're not sure of what you want ask people to take you for a ride in their cars or if you can drive it. You'd be surprised how happy you can/will be with so little and TUNING is the key to extracting the most out of every cars potential no matter what the mods are. The biggest mod you can invest in the the DRIVER MOD and then everything else.

The best way to reach me is by text or email.

Email:[email protected]
    AIM:[email protected]
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/RALLInspired
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/RALLInspired
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/RALLInspired
    Socalevo profile name: Rick@RALLInspired, RALLInspired, RALLInspired_
    Socalsubies.com:RALLInspired
    NASIOC:RALLInspired
    Evolutionm.net:RALLInspired
    EvoXforums:RALLInspired
    ClubRalliart.com:RALLInspired
    EvoEmpire:RALLInspired
    highboostforum.com:RALLInspired
    Calilancers.com:RALLInspired
    9Glancers.com:RALLInspired
    SCLC.com:RALLInspired
    ALL other forum profiles: RALLInspired
    CELL NUMBER:Â* FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT -Â* 562-802-4556

Thank You

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

Here's a link for the LOGO FOR YOUR SIG.Â* Support is always appreciated guys. Thank you.Â* :mitsu:

img width=345 height=72]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/RALLInspired.png[/img

ADD the " [ " at the beginning and the " ] " at end of the img code.

Examples:Â* there are too many to transfer over from my facebook and other forums.Â* Here is the link to my facebook album of dyno graphs and charts.Â* Not all of them are here either.Â* I will be posting examples of future tunes from this forum below.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...62812&aid=4480

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...een#msg8131211

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...topic=108076.0

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...topic=108104.0

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...een#msg8132784

My personal evo IX retune on e85 and youtube videos:
    http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...247#msg8139247
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZPmbrsZ9_g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB9yo...eature=related

Subaru tune 100oct @ RRE:
    http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...274#msg8139274

Evo X 91/e85 Dyno tune
    http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...topic=108914.0

San Diego Round 1 dyno graphs Evos 8, 9, and a 460whp evo X!:
    http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=110150.0

Cars
    evo9(sold), evo 8(sold), 2014 evo x gsr, 2012 evo x mr

congrats mr rick! thanks for the help the other night!

Bump for a great tuner with good rates!

Cars
    WW EVO IX / WW EVO X

Congrats Son! Woot Woot!
    NO! My name is NOT KENNY... It's RALPHY...... ALPHAKENNYBODY = I'll F*** ANYBODY. 5150 RACING

Little Ceasars, In and Out, McDonalds, Jack in the Box
    Cars
    Oscar Meyer WeinerMobile

Fuck Yeah. Congrats rick! All ended up working out for the best!
    DSM For Life!!

congrats Rick. You came a long ways when I first met you!

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

thank you everyone. You're all the reason things have happened the way they have. Becoming a vendor means nothing without having done so for the right reasons and support.

dam finally you get the chance to prove yourself even more bro, wish you nothing but the best brotha.

about time, Congrats Rick, now re-tune me lol jk

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Welcome to the Big Show Rick!

Mike W

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W
    Welcome to the Big Show Rick!

Mike W
    Thanks Mike. I'll be down there with even more work now without a doubt. O0

Congrats Rick!!
    03&#039; 2.6 Kenne Bell DSG Cobra

Finally. Good luck with your new biz!

This place can get kinda sketchy, but take it with a grain o salt

Cheeeeeaaaaaaa BUDDY!!!! Congrats brotha Â*O0 now more people can appreciate ur love for these cars you tune.... I'll be hitting you up Â*in the next week to perfected my beast!!!! :)

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    2009 RR Ralliart (Traded in) 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, New Evo coming soon

Dammmmmm Pretty sure your gonna make a bit more bank now.

Rick I gots my income tax money looks like e85 tune will be next month for sure

Remember to hit up that guy u were talking about for the map switching
    U.S. Marine Veteran 2/7 Echo 29 Stumps

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

Quote Originally Posted by evoIXnoobie87
    Finally. Good luck with your new biz!

This place can get kinda sketchy, but take it with a grain o salt
    Theres a reason i chose not to be a vendor on this forum for the longest time. Â*I look forward seeing what happens. Â*Hopefully things work out for the best on the site and for the community in general.

Rick B

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

heres a link for the LOGO FOR YOUR SIG. I don't think many realize how many i've tuned on this site. Support is always appreciated guys. thank you so much!

img width=345 height=72]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/RALLInspired.png[/img

ADD the "[" & "]" at the beginning and end of the img code.

Congrats man!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast