Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the Evo X!

Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the Evo X!

Ninja Edit!: Dyno Testing article here:Â* http://www.bardabe.com/2011/07/barda...ntake-kit-evo/

The Long Long wait is now Over guys, after months of testing, development, logging, testing, cutting, welding, logging, machining, logging, welding, testing, logging, testing, logging, welding, machining, logging, testing and logging. the Kit is Finally 100% ready for the market. I would like to introduce the All New Designed from the best materials and products the market has to offer today the Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the 2008+ Evo X. This intake kit to my knowledge is the most sophisticated intake kit on the market today. after months of R&D i have come to the conclusion that this is the best intake kit for anyone running Stock Frame turbos. The intake kit comes from 3" T6-6061 Mandrel Bent Aluminum,Â* Kit comes just as the UICP Did with 4ply Silicone Couplers, a Massive 6" Velocity Stack to keep the air flow smoother than anything else on the market today, the Velocity stack was made just for this kit with dimensions for the Filter I will be using. The Blue Filter with inverted filter design that incorporates an internal air Cone. not to mention is the biggest filter on the market today. sitting at a 7" Outside Diameter and a 6" Inlet this filter offers the Most Filtration Area / Volume than any other filter on the market. it also comes with the Same Warranty that K&N Offers I will pass down to you of 1,000,000 Miles. Filter is fully washable and reusable you can use the K&N Filter oil and cleaner if you wish to wash it with that Or I can provide you guys with the Blue Oil if you want to keep it that nice bright blue.

all This time i tried different filters from different companies, different shapes and sizes, and this has come on top. keeping filtration in mind as well as flow. This filter material has finer filtering than the K&N keeping all the flow characteristics we love from Big Name Companies. (the power numbers don't lie) while keeping your MAF, Turbo and Engine Clean and Happy. This intake kit was well fined tuned to do 3 things. well 4 if you count putting a big grin in your face. 1) POWER!!!!Â* it gets rid of the dead spots on the RPM Band if you get on your Evo X with a stock air box, or any other intake on the market really. you will notice your car starts to fall off on the power right around 5500 RPM. Yeah this intake takes care of that problem. no more Fall off at high RPM's. not to mention the gains across the RPM Band 2.) SPOOL!!! This intake lets your car breath and Spool harder than ever before. with the intake kit your turbo spools sooner and faster than before it is considerably louder sounds really good. I scared off quite a few cars testing. they thought i had a big turbo upgrade lol. 3) Fuel Trims and AIT's!!!Â* I read this thread last year posted by a Reputable tunner on here known as Looney Tunes. http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=83379.0 and i was determined to make an intake kit that keeps the fuel trims in check. Stock air box will jump around 0% all the way to 4.2% while cruising, the Bardabe Performance Intake Kit scored numbers max numbers of only 3.9%!!!!Â* so no worries on leaning our or getting an CEL with this intake kit. also cruising I notice AIT's to be anywhere between 8* to 12* Higher than the ambient air temperatures depending on weather conditions and cruising speeds, which is where you want to be. Dyno Numbers will be coming soon I want to say the kit is good for about 20-25whp gain. my test car dynoed 286WHP un tuned with just the intake in place. unfortunately no baselines where taken. so in the next 2 weeks we will take 2 stock X's Do Baselines, throw this baby on and Dyno again to get you guys exact numbers. but let me tell you. this is Nothing like the UICP alone, together these 2 make your car come to life!!!!

That is the way the intake kit sits currently, clean effective and Powerful!

as you can see the filter really is big, as big as the factory air box!!! here are some comparisons to my Office PC's 22" Acer monitor.

there you can see a picture of the inverted cone, this does 2 things. 1) More Filtering Area, and 2) Aids the velocity stack to keep the airflow smooth and fast.

so after months of testing and development is finally here, I will refrain from posting Dyno Numbers until the Pre sales are over. Right now everything is at the machine shop waiting for me to pick up and get to welding to drop off at the powder coasters and then ship out to you guys! There will be a 1-2 week wait on the pre orders for me to be able to weld them up and have them coated or polished. the pipes will come in 2 options Polished or Poweder Coated the OEM Black. Special Colors are available for Powder Coating at additional costs. the Intake kit comes in 2 Packages.

1) Intake and UICP Combo, for all the people who waited to get it together in one shot. here it is. you can get them in OEM black or Custom Color. the Price for both Pieces in OEM Black is $399.00 shipped. custom colors are 50$ Extra.

2) Intake alone, for the guys who already have an UICP from their favorite vendor. the intake in OEM Black isÂ* $299.00 and just like the combo can be powdercoated in any color you want for an extra $50.

Re: Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the Evo X!

Props to Juan @ Bardabe Performance, the kit looks amazing in both pictures and in person. I have witnessed and felt the differences in his car compared to mine and even when rolling next to each other his car pulls like a bat out of hell. I will be buying mine tomorrow and you guys should definitely pm him about the special low pricing, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait for mine :)
    iwannagofast.net

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

Any pics of the intake out of the car and a pic of the velocity stack?
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

Yah his car runs SOOOOOOOoooo Different it was crazy seeing how slight changes made the car run totally different I would have never expected such gains.

Some interesting mail you have there sitting under the intake.

Nice looking piece!

WOOT SOO HAPPY!!! .. and I can't even see the pictures (damn work Net Nazi's)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklulu
    Any pics of the intake out of the car and Â*a pic of the velocity stack?
    pics of complete kit our of car, not yet. pics of the velocity stack are here!

tell me that's not the coolest cereal bowl you have seen.

Experienced
    Cars
    2010 Evo X

Siiccckk.

:D
    Those stacks are HUGE.

Pm price on polished intake only to 95123 thx

Quote Originally Posted by bardabe
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklulu
    Any pics of the intake out of the car and Â*a pic of the velocity stack?
    pics of complete kit our of car, not yet. pics of the velocity stack are here!

tell me that's not the coolest cereal bowl you have seen.
    Facebook.com/howie.phan

Cars
    Too Many!

Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price?Â* Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version?Â* Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

Can you post some before/after tuning graphs or anything like that...to compare #s and stuff for the dyno racers who need to "read" the results instead of feeling them.

Quote Originally Posted by FUEL
    Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price? Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version? Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

Can you post some before/after tuning graphs or anything like that...to compare #s and stuff for the dyno racers who need to "read" the results instead of feeling them.
    re-read where it says OEM BLACK powder coating available.. I have the OEM BLACK UICP and it does NOT jump out at you (might want to think about keeping your worm clamps over T-bolts if your that worried about it.)
    Also he intends to get some baselines w/ stock evos, and then re-dyno after the intake install. it's all in the first post. Bardabe is definately covering his bases, and the masses will be satisfied.. well as soon as get my hands on mine.. until then the masses are not satisfied

Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price?Â* Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version?Â* Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

The Pre Order Pricing is Very Low, its too ridiculous to post to the general public. that is why I'm only making it a Special Price Until Monday June 20th By Midnight. after that the only way to get it cheaper than regualr price will be within 30 days at the introductory sale. about the Stock Look Snow Man Pretty much Hit the Nail on the Head, there is an OEM Black Powder coated Version that is available. I Will take pictures of those versions as soon as i get them done. this is a Phone Camera a Forum Member took after the install of his OEM Black UICP.

if you are looking for anything stealthier than that the only thing you can do is put a K&N Drop in because when it really comes down to it every cop is different and it's not unheard of for a cop to give someone a ticket even if their setups are CARB legal. (which if you read on the bottom of the first post my kit is Carb Pending)

Dyno Numbers, of course being that the kit has been in development for so long there is absolutely no doubt that this kit will give you guys some Nasty gains (in a good way) Within the next few weeks I will take a few select Evos with the help of the community and have before and after dyno runs performed. unfortunately I don't have my own In House Dyno so i want to round up a couple X's and go to the Dyno Facility the same day at the same time to have a solid average WHP Gain.

Oh oh oh.. pick me, pick me. lol. All i've got is a CBexhuast and your UICP. and that UICP can be swapped to stock no problem, or it's a good start to see what base mods can do to increase the gains on the intake. actually depending on wher eyou plan on dynoing you might be to far for me lol.

when the a/c runs, it blows hot air to the intake. Does this use some type of heatshield to prevent intake from heat soak???
    EVO X 08 AP

Quote Originally Posted by I like to Smash
    when the a/c runs, it blows hot air to the intake. Does this use some type of heatshield to prevent intake from heat soak???
    "Now remember i said the kit was 99% done? well this is the 1% that is left and will leave it up to you guys. HEAT SHIELD! I tested several heat shield styles, from simple to complex designs like the Injen. and honestly the benefit out weights both the Cost AND the Effects. AIT's only dropped 1-2* cruising. The Injen and other intake on the market i logged with heat shields STILL heat soaks sitting at idle in traffic conditions, the downside to it being that when we started rolling at 60-70mph speeds it actually took longer to get the AIT's back to normal because the heat shield was isolating air circulation to the filter, and some cases to the pipe itself not to mention it quieted down the intake a little bit. so I will be making the Heatshield for the Intake Kit an Optional buy. i didn't forget about you Heat shield die hard fans! prices on those shields will be coming soon, but from my testing and design they are obsolete. This intake kit keeps the engine bay simple clean and Mean!. now the moment you have all been waiting for, pictures!!! "
    iwannagofast.net

Cars
    Too Many!

^ what he said + it would just cover the intake from "prying eyes" and well to be honest IMO the chrome stuff belongs in FnF can't stand the "chrome look"...but that's just me

Reading from a phone at 1am while at work...I just skimmed through your post... I must have missed the "stealth part" ... I prefer the ugly black stuff...and from experience the cops around the LA/OC area can be major jerks.

The upper IC looks good...giant clamps I would end up spraying black (just to be safe)

Any plans for parts for the Evo VIII/IX ? I need some IC pipes for my rebuild and a whole new intake system...was going to run the stock set up...but If I can find something different THAT works even better.

I like reading real results not the "my homie says it works so it must be true! stuff" ...just me being pessamist that's all

Pick my car completely stock 2011 x lol

stock 2010 se here for your testing pleasure if it means a good deal on an intake?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast