Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna Seca 1:38 - John Mueller drives Muellerized Client Evo

Laguna Seca 1:38 - John Mueller drives Muellerized Client Evo

Video - Laguna Seca 1:38 Lap Time - Muellerized Client Evo - John Mueller Driving

After our client ran ~410 track miles in his 100% Muellerized built/prepared Evo over 3 days at Laguna Seca Raceway, he asked John to hop in and lay down some hot laps.Â* John got only 2 total laps before the last session of the weekend ended, both with traffic, and managed to run back to back 1:38 lap times.Â* See the video link above.

Pictures from the event:

A long series of days and a whole lot of preparation went into this event:

John leads in his Muellerized 997 Porsche Carerra, showing our client the proper line through the corkscrew as part of our driver development program:

"Launching" into the corkscrew:

Client with correct line through the corkscrew. Success!

John follows client through the corkscrew to determine if his line is correct:

Regards,
    Orlando Rojas
    Operations Manager
    [email protected]
    Phone: (714) 850-1670
    Fax:Â* Â*(714) 850-1690
    Visit Muellerized.com
    Phone Hours: 10-6 PST
    Monday through Friday
    (Sat. by appointment)
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

Expert service and suspension work, including insurance repairs professional competition driver coaching and chassis development, our engines and chassis have won in SCCA/NASA/IMSA/FIA road racing, SCORE Off Road, SCCA ProRally Shock dyno service, MIG/TIG welding, tube bending/fabrication, race engine configuration
    30 years experience

Re: Laguna Seca 1:38 - John Mueller drives Muellerized Client Evo

Nice vid :)

Cars
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (sold), 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E, 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

O0 great!
    TUNING TECHNOLOGIES
    EMPEROR MOTORSPORTS

Cars
    Too Many!

:) good stuff

Did mueller drink some red bull before and got some wings?..cause man was he flying

Kewl vid
    proudly a massimo power & RRE fanboi =)

very nice, im jealous.......need to get back to the track soon
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Quote Originally Posted by super 6-1
    Did mueller drink some red bull before and got some wings?..cause man was he flying

Kewl vid
    Literally flying. Note the brief silence when he launches off the corkscrew into the air and then the rumble grumble when he lands on the rumble strips.

Pics added!

Regards,
    Orlando Rojas
    Operations Manager
    [email protected]
    Phone: (714) 850-1670
    Fax:Â* Â*(714) 850-1690
    Visit Muellerized.com
    Phone Hours: 10-6 PST
    Monday through Friday
    (Sat. by appointment)
    Orlando
    Operations Manager
    www.muellerized.com

Expert service and suspension work, including insurance repairs professional competition driver coaching and chassis development, our engines and chassis have won in SCCA/NASA/IMSA/FIA road racing, SCORE Off Road, SCCA ProRally Shock dyno service, MIG/TIG welding, tube bending/fabrication, race engine configuration
    30 years experience

Quote Originally Posted by FUEL
    :)Â* Â*good stuff
    Pictures 5 and 7 waiving to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sales@muellerized
    Video - Laguna Seca 1:38 Lap Time - Muellerized Client Evo - John Mueller Driving

After our client ran ~410 track miles in his 100% Muellerized built/prepared Evo over 3 days at Laguna Seca Raceway, he asked John to hop in and lay down some hot laps.Â* John got only 2 total laps before the last session of the weekend ended, both with traffic, and managed to run back to back 1:38 lap times.Â* See the video link above.

Regards,
    Orlando Rojas
    Operations Manager
    Of note, John got the car with tires that had been through about a dozen sessions (rears had more), warped rotors and the car had just come off of it's hardest use back to back session of the 3 day day weekend. With fresh tires and brakes and no traffic, it's got a bit more speed in it IMHO.

Cars
    Too Many!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoPwr
    very nice, im jealous.......need to get back to the track soon
    Even with your car sounding like POOP?

Real smooth...

Cars
    Too Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops

I had to look twice! Lol :D
    Did you catch any air? How does the car feel now with the new wheels?

Offtopic... your exhaust sounded like POOP in the video Brett. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pops

I had to look twice! Lol :D
    Did you catch any air? How does the car feel now with the new wheels?

Offtopic... your exhaust sounded like POOP in the video Brett. :D
    I’d like to think I caught air, there was a bit of wheel well liner drama at one point (oops!).Â* The car feels amazing, point, squirt and the whole package encourages lots of confidence.Â* The limits are very high and breakaway is progressive, slow and predictable, flatter turn in.

The track photo guys might have a picture from the first session on Friday with John driving while I was riding shot gun.Â* I got yelled at by John for throwing both hands up like I was on a roller coaster when we went down the corkscrew – left hand out the window…. (Calculated risk for your benefit Angela… last and only time, John.Â* I promise!).Â*

The grip was crazy and the car was easily 5 – 6 seconds a lap faster than last time we had it out at Laguna Seca mostly due to the tire/wheel package.Â* There’s nothing quite like passing a Viper ACR, Corvette, GT3 or 456 Italia in a little Mitsubishi and it led to a few very interesting exchanges with other drivers.Â* All weekend the song in my head switched back and forth from the Benny Hill theme song to Nash Rambler.

It’s really interesting what can be done with car. John 4 wheel drifts it out of turns 5 and 6 at about 5,000 and 5500 rpm respectively in 4th, however fast that is, and it feels like he’s bunny hopping out of turn one.Â* He uses every curb including the Astroturf on the straightaway and hits 130 mph peak speed over turn 2 in 5th with peak boost at about 23.5 psi.

The exhaust is very quiet.Â* It doesn’t sound like poop, but kind of looks like one when it’s got the Laguna Seca Turndown attached to it.Â*

It was built personally by Honda Robert and delivered to my home.Â* That was before we had our falling out because he wouldn’t fix an oil leak (saying something about I should go to Dad since Mom won’t fix the problem ) but after that he fixed my headlights and towed the car from the dealer to the shop for free.

A couple of years ago at a Big Willow track day, some random guy walked up and said that Evo was the best sounding car at the track on the front straight.Â* I guess Robert knows what a good sounding exhaust sounds like, at least according to that guy.

nice

whoa so OSM
    2010 Wicked White<br />AMS FMIC, UICP, HFC<br />Apexi RS<br />AEM intake<br />Muellerized JIC<br />Muellerized Front and Rear sway bar<br />Whiteline RCA<br />Whiteline lower control arm bushing<br />Tuned by Tuning Technologies<br />Girodisc Front/Rear 2pc rotor<br />Magic pads/ Raybestos ST43<br />RotiForm Mia 19x10, Continental Contisports 2, 275/30/19<br />Advan RS 18x10, Nitto NT01, 275/35/18<br />

what exhaust set up are you using if you dont mind me asking :-)

Quote Originally Posted by evolutong
    That would be the Road Race Stealth exhaust. It's got resonators and a big muffler and some heat wrap. We like to listen to books on tape on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutong
    RRE custom stealth which passes the 92db maximum limit at laguna with our style of exhaust turn down.
    John Mueller www.muellerized.com
    30 years experience

Nice driving! Car looks like it has a lot of grip. What tires are on in the car?
    [size=10pt]Erik Islas[/size]<br />[size=10pt]ROBISPEC[/size] http://www.robispec.com<br />[size=10pt]Quality used miata parts[/size] http://www.2ndchanceroadster.com

Quote Originally Posted by .airekone
    Nice driving! Car looks like it has a lot of grip. What tires are on in the car?
    Hankook c51s.

Of course it has a metric ton of grip, its a Muellerized...Evo.
    John Mueller www.muellerized.com
    30 years experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast