Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cordless Impact Guns.....Track Guys, which one do you use?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    I read about Makita, Bosch and dewalt perform better. there was a comparation done by Caranddriver ( I guess you already read it http://www.caranddriver.com/features...tested-gearbox). So I'll pick makita or hitachi due battery, however makita has better reputation. if we talk about track use, battery is what matters and size.

Makita should win over battery and size,
    Bosch should be the best due torque and size

talking about value..
    Maybe pick Milwaukee or hitachi..but again Milwaukee has better reputation as tool manufacture.

Experienced
    Cars
    03 evo 8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I have been putting off buying a Cordless Impact gun for awhile.

I really wanted to buy a Snap On Cordless Impact, but at almost $600, its hard to swallow that price.
    I am looking for some cheaper alternatives, that still are durable, reliable, and with a decent warranty. What kind do YOU use?

Anyone have any experiences with other brands? Post up your reviews whether its good or bad.

A few other brands who make cordless impact guns:
    1) Bosch
    2) Makita
    3) Ingersoll Rand
    4) Milwaukee
    5) Snap On
    6) Hitatchi

Mods: If this is the wrong section, my fault......just figured its the track guys that use these the most, so thats why I posted in here.
    What is the cheapest one that works good?

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Snap on isn't the same quality as it use to be. Their hand tools are better than craftsman still but for the price I don't think they are worth it. Now the power tools aren't really the best. I have actually found the craftsman grinders are better than the snap on. I broke 2 snap on power tools where craftsman didn't break at all. Craftsman does not have lifetime warranty on their power tools. You can buy an extra added warranty. I personally like craftsman and snap on for tools and I will say IR are really good air tools.

I have the Milwaukee 1/2" big impact and with 1,100 ft.lbs (not inches) of breaking force, we haven't come across anything that we couldn't undo with it yet. Compressor doesn't even get turned on.. Thing is a beast.. Battery last pretty long too.

Experienced
    Cars
    Evo X, Datsun 510,TRD Tacoma
    I Have a Dewalt " DCF889HL2" 20v Never had any issues.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Quote Originally Posted by roostinds View Post
    I have the Milwaukee 1/2" big impact and with 1,100 ft.lbs (not inches) of breaking force, we haven't come across anything that we couldn't undo with it yet. Compressor doesn't even get turned on.. Thing is a beast.. Battery last pretty long too.
    This.

The Fuel version is the one to get. Out guns everything and hits hard, feels super solid internally when it is hitting compared to all the other guns (including the cheaper non Fuel M18 Milwaukee 1/2" gun). A race team we work with has one DeWalt guy, One Makita guy and one Bosch guy. Our Milwaukee Fuel 1/2" impact out guns them all. We had some well worn and tired Dewalt stuff and before I bought more I just searched up what was the baddest 1/2" gun and then rebuilt our cordless race tool kit from there. Some of it is the brushless motor Fuel version, some of it their more budget normal line. Between Craigslist and E-Bay I got now:

1/2" M18 Fuel Impact
    1/2" M18 Impact
    1/4" M18 Fuel Impact Driver
    1/4" M18 Impact Driver
    M18 Drill
    M18 Hammer Drill
    M18 Fuel Angle Grinder
    M18 Reciprocating Saw
    M12 3/8" ratchet
    M12 1/8" die grinder
    4 M18 2.0 batteries
    2 M18 3.0 Batteries
    4 M18 4.0 batteries
    3 M12 batteries

Haven't looked back since. The 1/2" Fuel impact, the angle grinder, the drill and the 1/4" impact drivers get used the most. I had one drill die and short out it's battery but was under warranty still.

Mike W

Yup, I also have the Fuel Brushless set up as well Mike. Yes.. These new M18 Fuel Bushless units put most of the others to shame.. Very solid.

My ryobi is awesome. Has three led lights. To help u see.

Craftman impact gun love it 3 years and still working strong
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123