Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How To: Paint Valve Cover..New Method...This method can now be used on calipers!

Cars
    Gojira (sold), NoSeX (sold), Tacoma, Evo IX MR (sold), Evo IX MR SE (dead)

Re: How To: Paint Valve Cover..New Method...This method can now be used on calipers!

Quote Originally Posted by DropThatHammer
    I know this thread is very old, but any pics with the calipers installed? Anyone else use the Mirage paint? Going to do this within the next few weeks with my calipers.
    here's what i could find, i deleted a lot of my evo pics

Angie and I are in love

Re: How To: Paint Valve Cover..New Method...This method can now be used on calipers!

Sex. .

Man those are so clean! Thanks for the reply I can't wait to do mine? Any advice? Little tricks of the trade you found on the way?

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by DropThatHammer
    Man those are so clean! Thanks for the reply I can't wait to do mine? Any advice? Little tricks of the trade you found on the way?
    if you can, i would get someone to sandblast them...that way the paint will be super smooth...if you can't, then make sure you degrease them properly, sand them down as much as you can, cover all holes where fluid goes to...
    Angie and I are in love

Cars
    EVO X MR

pure sex .

Cars

found more pics

Angie and I are in love

Cars
    EVO X MR

I miss thy Evo. .

Experienced
    Cars
    2012 Lancer Ralliart, 2011 CBR600RR, 2007 Expedition EL, 1998 Eclipse GS, 1990 300ZX Fairlady, 2013 Outlander Sport

How well does this hold up to the high temps that brake calipers are subjected to? Would powdercoating be more beneficial or does this hold up well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Og make gas tank empty, put different gas in car, flip switch, make with right foot heavy. Og make good.

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by deprydation
    How well does this hold up to the high temps that brake calipers are subjected to? Would powdercoating be more beneficial or does this hold up well?
    this holds up to heat very well. Reason is that there is an engine enamel primer as the first layer, then your choice of paint, followed by clear engine enamel. The disadvantage of this compared to powder coating is its weakness to strikes; meaning that if you accidentally hit it with your rim while mounting it, or with anything else, it will chip. I haven't experimented further to find a solution to that yet
    Angie and I are in love

Cars
    GG IX MR

refresh bump.
    im about to re-paint my calipers, and out of curiosity (or me mainly being paranoid) how did you come about going around the pistons/rubber parts? did you just tape them off? or did you take the pistons and seals off before you did all your work?

Cars

Valves were tapped off then cleaned with acetone at the end to clean up ny overspray. Pistons and seals were also tapped off. Best way to do it is use a big enough piece to tape a bit of the surrounding areas by the piston and seal then just trim off the extra with a razor blade. No damage done. Seals are protected from the paint. Also remember to plug up the rear hole where the brake line connects to so you don't get paint anywhere in there.
    Angie and I are in love

Cars
    EVO X MR

Idk how you have so much patience to do all that lol... .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456