Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting an FP green in two weeks. what to expect from new turbo

getting an FP green in two weeks. what to expect from new turbo

i have very basic mods.intake and exhaust
    im buying this turbo in two weeks and very excited to see what this new turbo can do.. i've heard nothing but good about the FP green turbo.
    just any feedback from guys that have this turbo on their car would be cool thanks.
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&n drop in air filter. 276 whp

Cars
    Dodrio

Re: getting an FP green in two weeks. what to expect from new turbo

What fuel are you gonna run? 91?

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

so u bought a turbo not knowing what the benifits of it are?

sounds like money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by Evolutionized
    so u bought a turbo not knowing what the benifits of it are?

sounds like money well spent
    Nothing like the great uninformed!

From what I understand...the FP Green will yield quicker spool and less top end HP...basically more usable power for DD...with basic bolt-ons you should see anywhere from 350-to-close to 400whp on 91...do a quick search on EvoM and see what other people have been getting with thier set-ups...I am not entirely sure what supporting mods (aside from intake and exhaust) you have but things like injectors, fuel rail, manifold, test pipe, and intake can make a difference...

Personally I am looking into the BBX Lite...

At any rate good luck!

Lewis
    Evo X MR

ran this turbo and it will not make 400whp on 91, not a chance in hell. besides that its an awesome turbo, still my favorite to this day and ive had 5 different turbos. without an intercooler your going to be limited on what you can do with this turbo, my recommendation would be buy a BR 3.5 IC and a shearer o2 dump for it.
    fuck evo's

im getting the new turbo because my stock turbo went bad. somehow someone was able to pop my hood and unplug my boost controller which im guessing might be the cause of my turbo going bad. i heard the FP green is awesome so i cant wait to find out what it can do.
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&n drop in air filter. 276 whp

im most likely going to run racing gas because theres a gas station 2 miles from were i live that sells it from the pump

Cars
    Dodrio

Quote Originally Posted by djibutievo87
    im getting the new turbo because my stock turbo went bad. somehow someone was able to pop my hood and unplug my boost controller which im guessing might be the cause of my turbo going bad. i heard the FP green is awesome so i cant wait to find out what it can do.
    What?! Probably the vacuum hose pop off the boost controller, but that wouldn't cause the turbo to go bad, just means, you cant boost.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

race gas is expensive! i wish i could afford it i passed by a pump yesterday and it was 9.25

why not try e-85 op?
    [quote author=evolved13 link=topic=117539.msg8317709#msg8317709 date=1333121663]<br />I heard that that Jet Blue pilot had his car in Reese&#039;s shop over the weekend and couldn&#039;t take anymore bullshit......<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=pikadosboy link=topic=117539.msg8317729#msg8317729 date=1333124287]<br />hahahahha, the mofo was trying to crash that plane @ reese shop.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by 335eater
    ran this turbo and it will not make 400whp on 91, not a chance in hell.
    i made more than 400whp/dj on an old-school fp-grn w/stock block & head, so take free advice/input with a grain of salt.

what version of fp-grn? old school, hta-grn or the new ball bearing version'd hta-grn?

what r ur current engine/exhaust mods?

what r u goals with the car?

its the grn 73hta, reese sd intake, TBE, omni 4 bar map sensor. my goal for the car is to have maximum 450 thats dependable.
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&amp;n drop in air filter. 276 whp

its the grn 73hta, reese sd intake, TBE, omni 4 bar map sensor. my goal for the car is to have maximum 450 thats dependable.
    what fuel?

regardless, your going to need a set of cams.

racing fuel
    act street series clutch, manual boost controller, k&amp;n drop in air filter. 276 whp

racing fuel
    i have seen people race 2stroke go-karts on 87octane.....105, 109, c16, q16?

i have seen people race 2stroke go-karts on 87octane.....105, 109, c16, q16?

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

racing fuel
    Specifics? Â*With cams and full bolt ons ~450 is definitely achievable on a dyno reading similar to RREs dyna pak with high octane fuel... 100+ and e85. Â*On 91 you're looking at ~350 or so.

Rick
    FOLLOW RALLInspired Rick@RRE on FACEBOOK!!!<br /><br />Email: [email protected]<br /><br />Shop number: (562)777-1522<br /><br />Direct BUSINESS CELL: 562-802-4556 Call or text

I love my green.
    Spools quick an makes decent power
    2005 Evolution 8<br />Fp green turbo, Injen intercooler pipes, Aem intake, Apexi induction box, 255 fp, Prosport gauges, Apexi downpipe, RRE rallycat, Hks hi-power catback, Kelford 272 cams, ARP Headstuds, Greddy type S bov, GM 3 Port, spoolin up cop kit, an a few sets of rims haha. <br />-------------------------Low Budget Racing--------------------<br /> -----------------------------Rallinspired -----------------------

thanks for the info rick.
    Evotuner are you running 91 on your setup?

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

^ yes he is O0. I hve his dyno graphs from road tuning if you're interested. Shoot me your email.

Rick
    FOLLOW RALLInspired Rick@RRE on FACEBOOK!!!<br /><br />Email: [email protected]<br /><br />Shop number: (562)777-1522<br /><br />Direct BUSINESS CELL: 562-802-4556 Call or text

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast