Thread: 02 downpipe options?

02 downpipe options?

im looking in to getting a new 02 downpipe im not sure on what to get? im looking to get a rexspeed but im not sure. i was also looking into buying the megan 02 housing with a diffrent shorty downpipe. So far rexspeed looks like the best bang for your buck or would like ets or ams be better? iv done my research but i would rather here it from someone who has or had it.

thanks in advance

Re: 02 downpipe options?

This is for evo X FYI

SoCalEvo.net Shop

AMS is the best. The long flex section is what makes it the most durable. I have never seen a dead one. But the $460 makes some people cry.

If you go with one that is cheaper and a short flex section then get one that has the least amount of welds and the flex section is the highest up. That is the natural flex point. Ones like the Ultimate Racing with the flex section down low break a lot. We sold 5 and had 6 break. They warranty them but you pay for the labor and the shipping back to Canada Seen and have at the shop other broken big name short flex DPs too.

To save some money and still get something local in case of warranty issues, try Tomioka. All one piece cast widemouth upper part and a higher located flex section than most. More in the mid $300's.

Mike W

^^ yeah there a couple outthere in alot of ppl go with ams, but like you said the price is kinda scary. You get what you pay for. I would like to here more from others with different brand an see what the have to say

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Yep. Best to ask someone that EVOs the internet. I only EVO in real life

Mike W

^^ hey what do you think of widemouth vs split? and full one piece 02 downpipe vs two piece o2 housing and DP. Is the flex part really need? i know for a fact that the one piece 02 DP has better flow because it dose not narrow down. but is there a major difference in HP?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Here is what I think from my experience of seeing them all come through the shop, holding peoples hands while they cry about the expense of dealing with warranty labor and down time, seeing them on the dyno :-)

AMS is the best. The long flex section is what makes it the most durable. I have never seen a dead one. But the $460 makes some people cry.

If you go with one that is cheaper and a short flex section then get one that has the least amount of welds and the flex section is the highest up. That is the natural flex point. Ones like the Ultimate Racing with the flex section down low break a lot. We sold 5 and had 6 break. They warranty them but you pay for the labor and the shipping back to Canada Seen and have at the shop other broken big name short flex DPs too.

To save some money and still get something local in case of warranty issues, try Tomioka. All one piece cast widemouth upper part and a higher located flex section than most. More in the mid $300's.

Mike W

What Mike said! Don't cheap out. My Tomioka worked great for when I had the car (Intake, IC, UICP, 1200cc Injectors, walbro, full exhaust O2 and back) and I never had problems with it. I made 390whp and 350wtq on RRE's Dynapack. I had that O2/downpipe on there for around 12k miles without a problem. If I had to do it again... I would just get the AMS one and NEVER worry about it unless a freak accident happened to screw it up. Good luck.
    &#039;07 Blk/Blu GSX-R600 - BMC filter, Akra shorty exhaust, PCV<br />&#039;08 JSB ZO6 - JBA headers and X-pipe - Sold<br />&#039;06 GG Evo IX GSR SE - Stock - Sold<br />&#039;10 WW Evo X GSR/SSS - 390whp/350wtq by RRE - Gone<br />&#039;06 WRB STi 314whp/322wtq - Traded in for a real car

I went with ETS. The build quality is great and the price wasn't bad.

i heard stock downpipe is not that bad. : )
    anyways, i got AMS one. lol

I had the AMS widemouth down pipe when I had my X. I liked it and would recommend it.