Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying used coilovers

Buying used coilovers

Do any of you guys recommend buying used coil overs? And if so, what should I look out for when inspecting them?

Re: Buying used coilovers

Don't do it

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

i bought my buddy clubs racing spec used, then had mueller work on my suspension to dial it in. they didn't mention anything about it being destroyed so i don't see anything wrong w/ buying used coilovers.
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

I did it and now I am actually looking for v3's instead...

The ones I'm looking at are used Muellerized Jics for the Evo X

I got used ones, they worked perfect and i never had problems with them. However i did sale the car a couple days ago. and the KW V3 coils are for sale!

@ sxe805. how much for ur used V3??
    Yea, but you still aint got no street cred.<br />http://datnewcudi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/OldSchoolCaddy1.gif

Not So Newbie

As long as you can personally inspect them and the owner has records of purchase to confirm mileage I don't see it as an issue. I bought some JICs for my G37 that way and had no problems, sold them later for KWs.

Someone hit me up with use coilovers there sellin 310 775 38 41

anybody selling coilover for evo x.used preferred.pls comtact me L.A area 209 996-1743
    2008 X GSR <br />AMS short Intake<br />ACT Clutch <br />Exhaust with DP upgrade<br />Enkei Rpf01 18x10.5 sbc

i bought used buddy clubs for my ix with i dont know how many miles and they werent blown or damaged, they worked great

but for my evo x i just bought new ones because i couldnt find any good deals on used and i couldnt wait any longer haha
    Sig removed by mod<br />Too sexy for socal

Quote Originally Posted by Bugoy72011
    anybody selling coilover for evo x.used preferred.pls comtact me L.A area 209 996-1743
    post a WTB thread if yur looking for parts dude. O0
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

ok.Thanks jo3y.
    2008 X GSR <br />AMS short Intake<br />ACT Clutch <br />Exhaust with DP upgrade<br />Enkei Rpf01 18x10.5 sbc

I've purchased used coils for my previous cars and never had any issues. Just make sure you check them personally or if your not mechanically inclined have someone who is go with you.
    08 OB X SSS (Sold!) 06 WW IX SSL (Sold!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugoy72011
    ok.Thanks jo3y.
    noooproblemmm O0
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

There is nothing wrong with buying used coilovers as long as they were not slammed and not driven hard with a lot of miles.

Not So Newbie

check for leaks!!!

Don't do it

Experienced
    Cars
    1995 Ford Probe GT, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, 2013 GSR

Quote Originally Posted by raygrant
    Don't do it
    Being new to the forum doesn't mean posting half a dozen posts with vague, single word or short phrase responses. Surely you can articulate better sentences if you put a little more effort into it.
    RRE Tuned (bolt ons, flex fuel), West End Alignment (KW v3 coils)

Experienced
    Cars
    The Doctor - Knuckles
    Talk to Gilbert at Massimo Power. He'll tell you what to look for. If you buy a set of used coils, have Gilbert tune them. You will not be disappointed.
    '85 Ur-Quattro (under restoration), '86 951 (sold), '87 928S4 (for sale), '89 930 (under restoration), '99 Wicked Edelbrocked T/A LS-1 (sold), '01 S4 (RIP), '02 Allroad (RIP), '07 WRX STi (Up North), '95 S14 RB26 (project sold), Heartbeat of America lol, Sprint Horses, Endurance Horses, Raging Bulls, and a little 'Bird that I call Tweety...and best of all, an Evo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast