Thread: Traffic school at trial de novo?

Traffic school at trial de novo?

I lost my TBD and now have a trial de novo, does anyone know if I lose the de novo if I can still get traffic school?

Cars
    Dodrio

Re: Traffic school at trial de novo?

Trial de Novo: A New Trial and Second Chance of Winning Your Case

Â* Â* Section 40902(d) of the Vehicle Code states: If a defendant is dissatisfied with a decision of the court in a proceeding pursuant to this section, the defendant shall be granted a trial de novo."

Â* Â* If the judge finds you guilty after reading your declaration, you are automatically entitled to a new trial! Nowhere else in criminal law are you entitled to a new trial simply because you are unhappy with the outcome of the first trial. This is only a legal right in traffic infraction cases that begin as a Trial by Written Declaration. This "Trial de Novo" will be an in-person trial in which the judge hears evidence and testimony from yourself and the citing officer.

Â* Â* The legal right to a new trial has a host of advantages. If the officer does not show up at the new trial, your case is dismissed. By the time you get to a trial de novo, three to six months after you were cited, the officer may no longer remember significant facts of your case, leading to a dismissal. If the new judge at your second trial is fairer than the first judge and accepts your argument, he can dismiss the case or find you not guilty. Even if you are found guilty at your second trial, the judge can still reduce your bail and assign you to traffic school.

Â* Â* To request a Trial de Novo, you must submit a form TR-220 (Request for Trial de Novo) to the court postmarked within 20 days of the mailing date of your guilty verdict. This form is available in our Ticket Assassin Shareware section or may be requested from the court.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Ya I saw that problem is it appears the judges blackmail people into pleading guilty by denying traffic school if they want to take it all the way.

You can only get traffic school if you have not attended within the past 18 months. New law effective July 01, 2011. No more 12 hour traffic school.

Yes you will still be eligible for traffic school. Was at court last week lol

Its a new trail so the written declaration is not held against you.
    E=mc^2

I am looking for traffic school Las Vegas nevada who cover traffic laws, driver fitness, auto insurance and defensive driving techniques. What is the course duration price?
    Last edited by Ethan; 10-04-2017 at 11:20 PM.