Thread: Blaq Ops fuel pump kit users - READ THIS

Blaq Ops fuel pump kit users - READ THIS

Short and sweet. Had a tuning session on E85 yesterday @ Church Auto. During my first few passes, my tuner told me my ID 1000's were maxed out at like 365 HP. We shut it down to locate the problem. I told him that I had been having intermittent starting issues recently. IMMEDIATELY he said "You are running a Blaq Ops kit right?" I said yes, and he said "I already know what it is". He told me that the fuel line from the pump was split. We pulled the pump out and sure enough...

The line from here to there:

Looked like this:

I asked how he knew what it was so quickly, and he said that it happened to him as well about a month ago. He said mine was huge though (and yes, that's what she said). This isn't meant to bash Blaq Ops in any way. I love the products and it has served me well. This is simply a warning to any Evo owner with this kit that is using the supplied line. We know what happens to Evo's when they don't get enough fuel :crap:

If you own this kit and have any weird fuel issues, CHECK THE PUMP! It takes 10 min to pull it out.
    Cop: You know you have fire coming out of your exhaust?<br />Me: Yes I do.<br />Cop: Ok. I&#039;ll be right back.

Re: Blaq Ops fuel pump kit users - READ THIS

Wow! That could have been bad....

RALLI//////////ART

Canyon Racer

Black Ops does not use that hose any longer. The new kits should include an E85 safe fuel line. The previous S shaped hose was terrible. We had a number of those go out.
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

Quote Originally Posted by KT Motoring
    Black Ops does not use that hose any longer. The new kits should include an E85 safe fuel line. The previous S shaped hose was terrible. We had a number of those go out.
    How new are the new kits? Mine said it had an "E85 Safe" hose w/ it.
    Cop: You know you have fire coming out of your exhaust?<br />Me: Yes I do.<br />Cop: Ok. I&#039;ll be right back.

Glad to hear it worked it for ya. That is a known issue with these systems.

James

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

Thanks for the head's up! I'll be going w/ the Buschur unit when it's called for.
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

I have been getting alot of stumble going into load recently or between shifts and I know I have the OG blaq ops setup so I better check that house in the morning