Thread: 9 SSL aftermarket head unit question...

9 SSL aftermarket head unit question...

After a few years owning the IX, I finally decided to get a new head unit that works with my iphone/ipod rather than just the SSL infinity HU...

so I got a DUAL head unit that has 3 pairs of pre-amp (1x front, 1x rear, 1x sub), and i got the Metra 70-7003 harness.
    i had a slight problem getting the infinity amp to turn on at first...but then i found that the blue/white cable on the metra harness is indeed the amp power input, rather than the other blue wire that you'll find on the other connector that labeled as "power antenna"

so after that...i finally got my head unit to play, but then there's the real question --> i can't receive any AM frequency radio channels... but no problem on the FM channels...

did any one had similar problems?

plz help.

Re: 9 SSL aftermarket head unit question...

i have the same setup in my IX...my AM station works

hmmmmm...........maybe i should re-plug the antenna plug to see if it works..

on the curious side.....my HU has a blue wire that should connect to the AMP for turning the Infinity amp on, or it could be used for power antenna....
    so can i connect that wire to the 70-7003 harness' power antenna, as well as to the amp at the same time?!

I think for power antenna there should already be a seperate cable for it. hence blue wire for power of the HU

the problem was solved...by connecting both the amp-on wire and the power antenna to the HU at the same time.

Tt could be used for power antenna
    Feast your eyes with Greys Anatomy Season 8 dvd!