Thread: Heads up: Mobile Smog Check Point - Cerritos, Today 6/7/12

Heads up: Mobile Smog Check Point - Cerritos, Today 6/7/12

Watch out my friends. On Studebaker, right in front of Cerritos College heading towards the mall, there is a Smog Check Point, other side is open. The Sheriff was eye fucking me as I drove by on the other side.

Re: Heads up: Mobile Smog Check Point - Cerritos, Today 6/7/12

good thing i don't drive out on that side. but it's weird to hear that they're still doing these -__-

Quote Originally Posted by thisxguy
    good thing i don't drive out on that side. but it's weird to hear that they're still doing these -__-
    Just had my Evo Smogged two weeks ago too. Passed, but I don't think they'd care. What exactly is the rule on this? I've seen them a total of 4 or 5 times but I was always in the opposite direction. Is it mandatory to do this?

There was also plenty enough warning and notice so you can easily make a turn and avoid them.

D00D My RIDE is the sup3rc00l RiDe 0f teh Monthz Did you knowzit??? jebus27's Avatar

thanks for the heads up O0 .

So lets say you don't pass? what happens?
    just out of curiosity? tickets? ref'd?
    201<br />V<br />626

Quote Originally Posted by garrettquon
    So lets say you don't pass? what happens?
    just out of curiosity? tickets? ref'd?
    From what I heard it's voluntary, if you fail there are no consequences. But they also have Sheriffs with them and obviously if you're illegally mod'd you're in a little more of a jam.

From 2 years ago: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...-85424567.html

The inspections are for gathering vehicle emissions data for the state, according to a handout sheet given to drivers. The inspections are completely voluntary and take about 10 minutes. There are no consequences. In fact, the inspectors do not tell drivers if they pass or fail the test.

.......As a result, new legislation is being introduced that will target unscrupulous smog station inspectors and change the way current inspections are conducted.

Source: Random Smog Checks Help Clear the Air | NBC San Diego

This points out about the only good thing that comes with moving to South Carolina. NO SMOG TESTING here! LOL. Other than that, it sucks...oh wait, we have 93 octane, the only other plus.

haha thats pretty random. so if you decide not to do it, and your driving a car like an EVO, the sheriffs there are just going to pull you over? amazing.
    201<br />V<br />626

haha thats pretty random. so if you decide not to do it, and your driving a car like an EVO, the sheriffs there are just going to pull you over? amazing.
    If you're driving a new Corolla? No big deal. Drive an Evo? Stock or not, you're in a jam lol

haha. I study Criminal Justice, and just by that alone, there is no way that a Sheriff can show reasonable suspicion to pull you over.
    "he didn't want to do a mobile smog check point, his car has a huge spoiler and must be illegally modded"
    don't think that will hold up in court, well unless you have modded exhaust, then you might be in trouble. =/
    201<br />V<br />626

haha. I study Criminal Justice, and just by that alone, there is no way that a Sheriff can show reasonable suspicion to pull you over.
    "he didn't want to do a mobile smog check point, his car has a huge spoiler and must be illegally modded"
    don't think that will hold up in court, well unless you have modded exhaust, then you might be in trouble. =/
    You're right, but I am fairly certain if you turn down the inspection, they'll have a few units sitting further ahead that they radio and will tell them to pull you over for any reason.

So if you decline and have an exhaust, tinted windows, no front plate, don't be surprised if you get pulled over when you drive away. It's pretty crappy they can do that.