Thread: Is there a Dyno Contest for MOD2012?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)

Is there a Dyno Contest for MOD2012?

Hello,

I just have to ask because I didn't see any comments on this forum or MOD2012 Facebook. Actually I posted a question about it on Facebook , but nothing. I have a friend who is almost finished his built and want to participate....

I hope, you guys can answer this. You always bring the dyno and all the FUN. I think a negative answer could brake some heartsÂ* :'( (seriously).

:mitsu:Â* Â*O0

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

Re: Is there a Dyno Contest for MOD2012?

YES, RRE will be taking their dyno and hosting the contest.

RRE already answered your question on another thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa
    Do you know guys if Dyno contest is going take place?
    Yes.

We'll be looking for cars that make a lot of noise and would need to be over 500 whp for sure. Nothign with just 91 octane. Everyone has been there and seen that. If you are right at 500 whp then you will need to at least up your showmanship. Wear a cape, stand on the roof during the pull, make it look like you are about to blow up.... we are looking to make a show for the kids. There will be prize money involved. Usually it is $100 each to the top 5. First place is more bragging rights. Kind of like when you get that big promotion that is all title and no additional pay. But it makes your mom happy.

I read on the internet all the time about how EVOs make daily driver 700 whp all day long super easy and stuff. Especially on Mustang dynos 700 whp is the norm it seems. But then MOD shows up and we are struggling to find 500 whp EVOs. We have 20 year old DSMs that make 500 whp!

Mike W
    http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...280#quickreply

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)

Now I'm smalling and crying of happiness. :D

Let see if my bro really can win on this fight of Monsters... Boosting up and Race gas definitive in the plan!

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah