Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cobb access port or custom tune??

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Being tuned at some point does not void your warranty. You dont go in for drivetrain warranty work with a tune in your ECU. You go in for drivetrain warranty with a stock tune in your ECU.

You also have the option of tuning the crap out of your car, tuning the living shit out of your car or just tuning the baby kittens out of your car. You are not locked into any one tune with any of the tuners that I know of. Tuning alone will do what you are asking for. An upper intercooler pipe will not.

Mike W

Wow mike w. Longest detailed post I've ever seen anyone write.

Sticky that so others can refer to it.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Mods here should be pulling good clear useful info like that out of crazy twisty-turning threads on a regular basis to put it where it can be easily found. In the meantime, click on my user name once a week for good reading :-)

Mike W

Experienced
    Cars
    2012 Lancer Ralliart, 2011 CBR600RR, 2007 Expedition EL, 1998 Eclipse GS, 1990 300ZX Fairlady, 2013 Outlander Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyevofly View Post
    Ok thank you guys so much for all that great info! I wanna do this car right and legit, I'm glad I don't have to worry about smog crap for a few years. So is the ams inter cooler piping worth it? It gets rid of that dumb flexible hose..... Any input??.? I'd like to mainly get rid of my turbo lag. I want it snappy when I get out of corners. And I just don't need an extreme amount of power, I wanna stay sock on as much as I and be able to do most the work myself, although I know there will be some stuff out of my hands. If anyone has a good plan or idea besides just tuning the hell out of it let me know. I don't wanna void my 100,000 warranty......
    Perhaps read this thread. Sounds like the direction you're trying to get at.

http://www.socalevo.net/threads/2251...q-360-awhp-E85-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Og make gas tank empty, put different gas in car, flip switch, make with right foot heavy. Og make good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123