Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Pics and info about my evo

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    Here are some pics of the custom FMIC coming together. Core took about 2 months to get in from Garrett.

Here it is mounted.

You can also kind of see the support bar above it with the lance to the air jacks secured as well.

Here is a quick shot of the car in raw form. The initial body panels are being fitted. As you can see there is a way to get to the entire frontal area without removing the entire bumper but we are trying to figure out a way for a quick disconnect system that doesn't tamper with the overall structural integrity and aerodynamic efficiency of the bumper. This is why we take our time in doing things the best possible way we can the first time. And you can kinda see the meaty CCW classics mounted as well lol.

Now with the upper portion of the bumper installed.

Hope you all enjoyed this series of pics.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    unpainted bumper = rice
    blue tape on intercooler = rice
    blue tape on front tires = rice
    no headlights = rice
    mismatched colors on body panels = rice

Sportback Evolution MR

Ok first off blue painters tape as long as its 3M gives me added whp. Second mismatch body panel colors equals the rainbow effect which attracts more knee pads clients.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    now since you put it that way.....I'm sure you will get some *takers* LOL

Sportback Evolution MR

wow........

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    awesome IC end tanks. You should ping me, I'm sure the garret core comes from a local factory here in town. What additional fabrication is required on the front? Are you going to continue to fab suspension parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    now since you put it that way.....I'm sure you will get some *takers* LOL
    That is the overall goal. I am hoping to increase membership by at least 25%.
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    awesome IC end tanks. You should ping me, I'm sure the garret core comes from a local factory here in town. What additional fabrication is required on the front? Are you going to continue to fab suspension parts?
    Thanks Juan! And yes I am aware which kind of sucks cause no offense but ever since Garrett/Honeywell decided to have manufacturing done in Mexico, Czech, and China the quality of the products have definitely taken its toll and there are many lawsuits pending against Garrett as well as a decline in market share. However this is why I ONLY ordered the core cause they still make custom cores to spec. Here is a message from one of the employees I know who works for Garrett.

I work at Garrett Turbos, now called Honeywell Turbo Technologies which there so proud of. When Cliff Garrett Owned Garrett He used to brown bag his lunch everyday and cared for a quality Product. If he knew what Honeywell has done now he would turn over in his grave. Honeywell bought Garrett In 1998 or 1999. After this they opened up a turbo testing lab in shanghai China and quickly moved there turbo overhaul to Mexicali Mexico, quickly after Garrett overhaul went belly-up. So they moved there whole production to Mexicali Mexico, as if that first failure was not a sign.

Garrett Turbos made a quality product for a fair price. A turbo is a precision instrument. Garrett turbos was part of Garrett Air Research (on 190th st. In Torrance ca.) Where they have a huge facility designing turbine engines, and so on. Most of the senior technicians in our main turbo facility (Lomita Blvd Torrance ca) came from our air research. If you’re building jet engines a turbo is not all that difficult. Well Cliff Garrett dies. At that time ALL production of Garrett Turbos was at Lomita Torrance ca. Also all engineering and research was there as well. After we were bought and production was sent to Mexico to save costs. Our production numbers doubled. And cost was cut in half our failure rate tripled. Well who cares Honeywell is making money and lots of it. Turbos are considered Honeywell’s golden egg. They feel that turbos are going to take over big. Which it already has in the diesel market. We make ford diesel turbos, daf, Chevrolet, some Audi, vw, fiat, Perkins. Millions of turbos. And there now all coming from china and Mexico. Well up until lately the company figured if the product was designed in the US and assembled in Mexico we would be ok. Well to further there profit and **** the customer once again....the LAST of what makes turbo American leaves in January 2011. We will close the doors to the Torrance Lab. In Torrance we did all our racing turbos (wrc stuff, Audi racing etc..) then in the garret garage we did the turbos you people buy for your Subaru’s. Actually I take that back. They take turbos that were made on a production line somewhere else in the world, and change a couple of parts on a bench in Torrance (wheels, housing..etc) and send it to you the customer saying it was made in the us.....no it was not it was just repackaged and altered a little. Well as of Jan 2011 all your turbos will be made in Mexico or china or Czech Republic. This is the last Garrett facility in the United States.

We have huge law suits pending due to turbo failures. GM is probably going to leave us.... ford has already sued us. Caterpillar has one of the largest recalls in garret history in the process. Our name is becoming ****. The last few VERY smart guys left in the company are being fired to save costs, but see our profit is already good.....they just want more. Please don’t spend 1500$ on a gt35r. Now that it’s costing Honeywell less to build turbos do you think you will see a smaller bill when you order there product? NO!. They are going to charge you even more for even less. There are countless procedures that are being terminated everyday that made our turbos THE BEST. They keep cutting corner after corner. Did you know that we shave metal off our turbine and compressor housings until they are at the EXTREME minimum needed to contain in the event of failure they are shaving every nickel off the cost of a turbo. Did you know that 2000$ gt40 you buy is all mark up. I won’t dare say the actual cost to the company in fear of a lawsuit but lets just say your sales tax is more then the production cost.

Do not buy these turbos. BorgWarner and mitsu are trying there best to compete with us making a quality product. Honeywell is using its big name to back junky turbos Like Toyota is starting to do. I guarantee in the next 8 months you will see a huge decline in quality. All designing and production is in CHINA AND MEXICO. Honeywell is taking back all there benefits they used to supply us with as employees. That way when they lay us off its as cheap as possible. Instead of saying "Well after we take a hit laying those people off we will make tons" they are just taking back all there benefits so they walk away clean and clear. We used to get a severance package. Which they just took away. One of the head engineers involved in the t3 project. (Designing the first t3) he is still with our company. he was supposed to get 44 weeks of pay if he ever got laid off (30 days and 1 week for every year with the company. 40 years with the company)Due to the new Honeywell rules he gets only 16 weeks pay they stole all that pack after promising it to him for 40 years. My fingers and about to fall off typing all this and I am heated so I don’t care about grammar I’m concerned about you people not supporting a Nazi company. Take your business elsewhere. Somewhere where you will get what your money pays for. Have a nice day and don’t forget if you hear the name HTT Honeywell Turbo Technologies Stay away.

(They still use the garret stamp on the turbos).

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    OMG !!! Those pics are so sexy !!!
    inreally fucking hate you bro. Can you marry me already am we can cruise around in that sexy beast all day lmao.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    OMG !!! Those pics are so sexy !!!
    inreally fucking hate you bro. Can you marry me already am we can cruise around in that sexy beast all day lmao.
    Awe thanks bro I'm so happy you like how it's turning out. Your ass is sexy too hehe. And definitely you can ride in it but it won't be a street car. I was thinking I could marry one of your hot cousins lmao. Talk about a interesting wedding that would be. Lmao

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    well,
    I feel bad to read this because I'm part of Honeywell since 2010. Core IC manufacture has been decrease in less 70% here in the production plant due not many production for custom cores. Actually this facility has been for long time, I was a service provider long ago, more than 13 years. The turbo business isn't look good due a lot competition and 2008 crisis impacted the corporation big. Hope things get better but race products are very special and require knowledge people. So hope your core is ok without manufacture defects. any complain, I can forward it to the right people inside the productions facility.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    well,
    I feel bad to read this because I'm part of Honeywell since 2010. Core IC manufacture has been decrease in less 70% here in the production plant due not many production for custom cores. Actually this facility has been for long time, I was a service provider long ago, more than 13 years. The turbo business isn't look good due a lot competition and 2008 crisis impacted the corporation big. Hope things get better but race products are very special and require knowledge people. So hope your core is ok without manufacture defects. any complain, I can forward it to the right people inside the productions facility.
    What department are you in now? I really hope they can fix these quality control issues. Unfortunately the people who are running the company are now just businessmen that just care about maximizing profits rather than maximizing a quality product. It is truly unfortunate. Fortunately for me I just ordered a core and I would like to think they can't screw that up lol.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    Awe thanks bro I'm so happy you like how it's turning out. Your ass is sexy too hehe. And definitely you can ride in it but it won't be a street car. I was thinking I could marry one of your hot cousins lmao. Talk about a interesting wedding that would be. Lmao
    Fuck ya ! I can't wait for a ride in that sexy beast, I'm holding you to that bro ! Haha
    lmao you want to marry one of my cousins go right on ahead. Gives me a reason to go visit now haha, and to take advantage of that ass when your drunk. Hahahaha jk

but mo joke bro, your car is looking amazing. I can't wait till its 100% done even though us car guys are never fully satisfy and want more with our cars lol. Keep up the good work

F*ck the trailer, lets drive it to SEMA!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Fuck ya ! I can't wait for a ride in that sexy beast, I'm holding you to that bro ! Haha
    lmao you want to marry one of my cousins go right on ahead. Gives me a reason to go visit now haha, and to take advantage of that ass when your drunk. Hahahaha jk

but mo joke bro, your car is looking amazing. I can't wait till its 100% done even though us car guys are never fully satisfy and want more with our cars lol. Keep up the good work
    sounds like he gave the Hotdog King a hardon LOL

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX & AP2 (Sold)
    looks like it was more than a hard on!

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by henryncoke View Post
    Oh ya it was way more then a hard on !! I had to remind him why I'm the hotdog King. I'm sure he couldn't get out of bed and into work today, to sore. Lmao

it was true love since we met an we found out we're both name Roger lol. It's some magical stuff going on between us. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Cars
    Evo IX & AP2 (Sold)
    Oh ya it was way more then a hard on !! I had to remind him why I'm the hotdog King. I'm sure he couldn't get out of bed and into work today, to sore. Lmao

it was true love since we met an we found out we're both name Roger lol. It's some magical stuff going on between us. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA... you can't hide it when it comes to true love.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

LOL it was meant to be!!!!

Sportback Evolution MR

Lmao oh ill give you a ride alright hehe. As long as your cousin isn't the jealous type then we should be good. Wait a minute did you say come to visit? This means you have some in SD? *Is currently stalking you to find out where they live so I can sneak over and start a team knee pad family edition lmao. Time I stop messing with Mandys and get me a Maria lmao

And thank you so much brotha! I can't wait till its done as well so I can start actually enjoying it. Builds are never really complete lol. You know this! But seriously once its done and its time for me to take delivery I will let everyone know and perhaps have a meet or something. I will actually be bringing it to MP for suspension work so maybe we could all meet up there and have a team knee pads gang bang event.
    Quote Originally Posted by revumbra View Post
    F*ck the trailer, lets drive it to SEMA!
    lmao sees into the future and my splitter miraculously disappears
    Oh thats blasphemous! I don't just give hard ons I give happy endings.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryncoke View Post
    What if I told you everyone was hard?

bwahahahaha I'm still sore... just saying. Oh and it was magical. Cause magically your cousin is pregnant. Now don't blame me. Blame the little swimmers! lmao

LOL it was meant to be!!!!
    I swear this was love at first sight.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Fuck ya bro I'm totally down to meet up at MP or wherever for a gangbang. It's been a while and I've been craving for some meat in my buns. Still go to met up when I go to sd.

Na bro I don't have cousins in sd but I can hook you up with my cousin that's a model an sport reporter if you let me drive your sexy beauty ?? Lmao. Then team knee pads family edition will be in full effect hahaha.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast