Thread: evo 8 only starts when i wants to plz help

evo 8 only starts when i wants to plz help

i drive it around all day turn it off and it wont start again i would have to wait couple days and try again and bam starts up

Re: evo 8 only starts when i wants to plz help

Battery still good? Maybe it's your starter?
    WTB: jdm 7 tails

hahaha same shit happens to me, with me... It's my ignition switch, I had it checked out and it was going to be around 400$ to fix. I have to turn the key quick to start it up, or it wont start.

Good luck bro! maybe your problem is something else?

-Bran

Massimo Power

Will the car not crank? Or does it just crank and crank and crank and never start? If it doesn't crack it could be anything from the starter to the wiring to the relay to the Ignition switch. Starters are usually about $200 brand new. Wires and relays can be changed fairly cheap. Ignition switch will cost you about $60.

If the car cranks but doesn't want to start up then it would be best to take it somewhere and have it check out. Preferably somewhere that it can be logged with Evoscan or something.

$400.00 for ignition switch????? Damn as easy as it isotope change that is ridiculous.

To the O.P Some more info on exactly what the symptoms are would help us help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfq400
    $400.00 for ignition switch????? Damn as easy as it isotope change that is ridiculous.

To the O.P Some more info on exactly what the symptoms are would help us help you.
    It's what i was quotes at the Ontario Mitsu Store about a year ago when it first started.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand0n

It's what i was quotes at the Ontario Mitsu Store about a year ago when it first started.
    Buy the switch and ill help you install I paid 80/90 for mine be aware that I recently had an issue and I just bought a starter and the ignition switch and problem was resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Brand0n

Buy the switch and ill help you install I paid 80/90 for mine be aware that I recently had an issue and I just bought a starter and the ignition switch and problem was resolved
    If i remember, they said I would have to get something reprogrammed? I gota find the quote.. But I'd be down!

For Ignition switch change it does not need re-programming, I changed mine and had no issues. I believe they are talking about the immobilizer.

easy fix if it is only the switch and or starter.
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

sounds like it could be starter going out, when it wont start try tapping the starter with a hammer, if it starts your starter is taking a shit

my check list... battery is good, fuel getting to my fuel rail, checked all the fues... so pretty much my car starts right now i drive it around the block just fine i get back home and turn it off and try to start it again and stuppers out... the starter is fine it cranks every time, one thing i noticed is the fans are going on full blast while cranking the engine and stay on for 30 seconds after i stoped

Blackfq400 i think ill take you up on your offer...

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i
    I have same problem. I just change my starter. Right after i was done i started and it started but few hours later it was same problem. Ima go for ignition switch next. So maybe start by switching the ignition switch aince its cheaper and can save couple bucks for next person that has same problem. Cars with some miles have that problem.
    IG: 3088jrflores
    https://www.instagram.com/3088jrflores/
    follow and dm with a pic of your ride (evo or ralliart) and i will feature you on my secondary account
    over 43k followers and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoholic3088 View Post
    I have same problem. I just change my starter. Right after i was done i started and it started but few hours later it was same problem. Ima go for ignition switch next. So maybe start by switching the ignition switch aince its cheaper and can save couple bucks for next person that has same problem. Cars with some miles have that problem.
    really 5 year old
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200