Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good mechanic shop for Evos in San Diego

Experienced
    Cars
    2012 Lancer Ralliart, 2011 CBR600RR, 2007 Expedition EL, 1998 Eclipse GS, 1990 300ZX Fairlady, 2013 Outlander Sport

Re: Good mechanic shop for Evos in San Diego

CarTune is associated with Pann Auto. I have been to CarTune and had good results, but I don't think they really specialize in Evo's. The biggest theme of cars that I seen through there were 240's, Civic's, and a few Lexus'. Depends on what you're looking for. I thought of trying a couple of power pulls on their dyno, maybe some fine tuning on my tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Og make gas tank empty, put different gas in car, flip switch, make with right foot heavy. Og make good.

Quote Originally Posted by deprydation
    CarTune is associated with Pann Auto. I have been to CarTune and had good results, but I don't think they really specialize in Evo's. The biggest theme of cars that I seen through there were 240's, Civic's, and a few Lexus'. Depends on what you're looking for. I thought of trying a couple of power pulls on their dyno, maybe some fine tuning on my tune.
    Yea about that tune. You ever turn your timing up? I remember you said you were running like 5 degrees or something like that.

Whats up man I need a tune. Alright here you go. BOOOM!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard10
    Yea about that tune. You ever turn your timing up? I remember you said you were running like 5 degrees or something like that.
    What do you think keypad? He should turn it up to like 15-16 degrees and then do some power pulls on that dyno dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by blaze-619
    What do you think keypad? He should turn it up to like 15-16 degrees and then do some power pulls on that dyno dynamics
    All depends on how much he's trying to squeeze out that baby turbo. My recommendation would be to get in touch with juan23 for tuning advice

1 2 3 4 loko

Experienced
    Cars
    2012 Lancer Ralliart, 2011 CBR600RR, 2007 Expedition EL, 1998 Eclipse GS, 1990 300ZX Fairlady, 2013 Outlander Sport

I'll have to look at my maps. I haven't tweaked them in a bit. Just installed an AMS resonated test pipe, AEM intake, Buschur 3" dual tip catback. The car is so damn loud now....

Flashed the V31 GST Basemap that includes some scaling for the AEM intake and TBE. I think the boost is at 23 psi or something now tapering off to like 18 or 19.

Not a clue where the timing is sitting but I'm sure I can get more aggressive with it. I still need to install my Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge to get any deeper with tuning. I have the parts, just not enough time lately to get it all in. On top of that I have a shipment of AMSOIL coming in today for a good oil change and the MAP UICP coming in on the 14th to scrap the stock Evo UICP I'm currently sporting.

Now, so everyone knows, the only work I had done by CarTune was my fender roll and alignment. Never have I let one of thier people tune my car or do any pulls on that dyno. I just mentioned that I've had good results with the work I had done. Now would I ever let them tune my car? Hell no. I've heard about too many tuning mishaps with them. Now would I do a power only pull on that dyno? Perhaps. But only to show all the 200whp Honda's what a real car is, and I don't even have the more powerful Evo.

Og make gas tank empty, put different gas in car, flip switch, make with right foot heavy. Og make good.

Must be the Sauce Bauce.

I'll have to look at my maps. I haven't tweaked them in a bit. Just installed an AMS resonated test pipe, AEM intake, Buschur 3" dual tip catback. The car is so damn loud now....

Flashed the V31 GST Basemap that includes some scaling for the AEM intake and TBE. I think the boost is at 23 psi or something now tapering off to like 18 or 19.

Not a clue where the timing is sitting but I'm sure I can get more aggressive with it. I still need to install my Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge to get any deeper with tuning. I have the parts, just not enough time lately to get it all in. On top of that I have a shipment of AMSOIL coming in today for a good oil change and the MAP UICP coming in on the 14th to scrap the stock Evo UICP I'm currently sporting.

Now, so everyone knows, the only work I had done by CarTune was my fender roll and alignment. Never have I let one of thier people tune my car or do any pulls on that dyno. I just mentioned that I've had good results with the work I had done. Now would I ever let them tune my car? Hell no. I've heard about too many tuning mishaps with them. Now would I do a power only pull on that dyno? Perhaps. But only to show all the 200whp Honda's what a real car is, and I don't even have the more powerful Evo.

What is a real car? I want to see!

A ralliart is a real car! He gonna roast you up with that perfect shift Auto tranny when he's tuned

Experienced
    Cars

Now that's a real car!

No way I'll roast up keyboard10. He's running like eighty bijillion awhp right?

Now that's a real car!

No way I'll roast up keyboard10. He's running like eighty bijillion awhp right?

Na man I've already told you my car is far from anything special. I barely even drive it anymore.

Experienced
    Cars

Na man I've already told you my car is probably the fastest Evo on earth. I drive it like I stole it EVERYWHERE!
    I've honestly never even seen you around and I'm out driving quite a bit. Where you even at?

Oh and on a side note. Anyone know where to find a 3-4 foot length of 304 stainless in 3" diameter? I called Tube Services in El Cajon and Competitive Metal in El Cajon and they both want like 60 bucks for a piece of pipe...

Anyone know anything cheaper? Homie hookup exhaust shops or anything?

Na man I've already told you my car is probably the fastest Evo on earth. I drive it like I stole it EVERYWHERE!
    I've honestly never even seen you around and I'm out driving quite a bit. Where you even at?
    Wow you can quote me and change what I originally wrote. Some skills you have there. Too bad you can't use those skills to change your ralliart into an evo!

Experienced
    Cars

Wow you can quote me and change what I originally wrote. Some skills you have there. Too bad you can't use those skills to change your ralliart into an evo!

Sad panda...

Ralliart vs Evo X 40 roll lets go

Experienced
    Cars

Haha, that's exactly where he'll pull away and I'll never see him again!

0-40 I could probably get him since my little baby turbo spools so fast but looses it's breath up top.

I'll be out at Qualcomm this Friday. Maybe I'll see an Evo or two. Friendly races are always fun. Hell that one guy that was talking about smoking people on the 905 was there. I raced him. I lost. Was fun.

Then I went home, got online and looked at more mods!

Tuned a couple Evo 8s stock turbo low boost since no ARPs were installed, maybe you will get to do some runs with either. One Silver one White, should be fun.

Experienced
    Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Nito619
    Tuned a couple Evo 8s stock turbo low boost since no ARPs were installed, maybe you will get to do some runs with either. One Silver one White, should be fun.
    I'd love to. Sounds like it could be a good benchmark for me on times. What do you plan on running in the 1/8th?

Oh and I need to get off my lazy ass and install my Zeitronix crap.

Zeitronix is the way to go, run anything else and fail. I am not racing, I don't even have an EVO just tuned those two and want to see what they will run lol I don't really know what they will run mid 8s maybe I really don't know depends a lot on the driver and traction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast