Thread: evo x tuning

evo x tuning

Anyone know legit place to tune in the oc for a good price?

Cars
    Too Many!

Re: evo x tuning

do some reading on this forum and look down at the listed vendors. that might help.
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

Cars
    2016 BMW M4 ZCP

RRE...that's where i'll be going for a tune. Was originally considering cobb, even bought a cobb 3 port and an accessport already but when i went to cobb i saw mostly subies so i searched for a tuner that specializes in evo's and RRE was recommended by many.
    What is power without control?

See here: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...AAAAmb+onA==:1

Great service, great knowledge, great power!
    '03 BBY VIII GSR (The Blue Bomber) Corn Fed + some
    '10 WW X MR (Her car) "RRE Super Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by evoxt33
    Anyone know legit place to tune in the oc for a good price?
    What mods?
    2008 Evo X<br />AMS Single Exit Exhaust<br />GrimmSpeed 3-Port<br />ETS Intake &amp; UICP<br />SC-Power Testpipe<br />Spec 2+ Clutch<br />RallyArmour Mudflaps<br /><br />351WHP 388WTQ <br /><br />Soon to be Zeta 3.0 powered...<br /><br />If you need logging help or a tune, PM me.

Can they do a tune that wpuld allow you to take it back to stock if you need to go back to stock if you take your car for service kinda like the cobb ap?
    Ya Bish!!

The Evo X can run dual map no problem. You can switch using your cruise control.
    2008 Evo X<br />AMS Single Exit Exhaust<br />GrimmSpeed 3-Port<br />ETS Intake &amp; UICP<br />SC-Power Testpipe<br />Spec 2+ Clutch<br />RallyArmour Mudflaps<br /><br />351WHP 388WTQ <br /><br />Soon to be Zeta 3.0 powered...<br /><br />If you need logging help or a tune, PM me.

Huh? You mean i just turn on my cruise control when i am on my way to the dealership to run the stock map? If i am understanding correct.
    Ya Bish!!

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoX
    Huh? You mean i just turn on my cruise control when i am on my way to the dealership to run the stock map? If i am understanding correct.
    You simply hold the CRUISE ON/OFF button for a set amount of seconds and it will switch maps.

Hmmmm... intresting.. and of course this is depending in the shop right. I am new to this so learning as I go when i have time. So how would you know you switch maps and could you do it on the fly or needs to be done at a stop? And whats the differrence between RRE, KT Motoring, and TT dynos? Thanks for the insight on this.
    Ya Bish!!

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoX
    Hmmmm... intresting.. and of course this is depending in the shop right. I am new to this so learning as I go when i have time. So how would you know you switch maps and could you do it on the fly or needs to be done at a stop? And whats the differrence between RRE, KT Motoring, and TT dynos? Thanks for the insight on this.
    Well my buddies and I use a Tephra Mod Rom to flash onto Evos, which gives you the ability to do it. On your dash you'll see a little triangle with a "!" pop up and that means it has switched maps. Well, you would switch with the power on but the car off. No need for a shop or your computer to switch.

RRE uses a dynapack, tends to read a bit higher than a Dynojet. In regards to dynos and the numbers you'll see, Dyno Dynamics read the lowest, then Mustangs, then Dyno Jets, then DynaPacks. Dynos are mearly a tool though. All that matters is the amount of power you make over where you started.

I see. Thanks for the info.
    Ya Bish!!