SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE

Re: To e85 or to not? help!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal
    Run it and you will never look back...
    O0

Rick B
    FOLLOW RALLInspired Rick@RRE on FACEBOOK!!!<br /><br />Email: [email protected]<br /><br />Shop number: (562)777-1522<br /><br />Direct BUSINESS CELL: 562-802-4556 Call or text

yeah i run it daily... and yes its a bitsh... burns quicker... but once you leave the gas station... that is why i drive on it daily. lol....

gl.. and trust in RRE.. I do...
    Now that is how you drive.. from now on.. I want you to drive like that..... -Bad Boys I,II,III,ect...<br />

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

Quote Originally Posted by gsrIXevo
    yeah i run it daily... and yes its a bitsh... burns quicker... but once you leave the gas station... that is why i drive on it daily. lol....

gl.. and trust in RRE.. I do...
    True that!
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Experienced
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

Well e85 here I come :)

Quote Originally Posted by enzone7194
    Well e85 here I come :)
    You won't regret it :-) lol

Cars
    IX RS

I was on the fence for the past two years...and would always hear Honda Robert at RRE say: "But you live riiiight by the Brentwood station!"

So this past October I went with the RRE/Scot Gray dual map. It's totally awesome and you should do it. With intake/exhaust/BBK full/intercooler/3port/injectors/walbro my IX RS put down 443. Pretty fun daily driver!

Good luck...

Experienced
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

Quote Originally Posted by Coppi51
    I was on the fence for the past two years...and would always hear Honda Robert at RRE say: "But you live riiiight by the Brentwood station!"

So this past October I went with the RRE/Scot Gray dual map. It's totally awesome and you should do it. With intake/exhaust/BBK full/intercooler/3port/injectors/walbro my IX RS put down 443. Pretty fun daily driver!

Good luck...
    Im on the same page except I'm running thr stock 8 mr turbo for now. I wonder how much I'll put down

This.

I had my reasons for not doing in the past and when I switched about 2k miles ago, at 106k I might add, it was easily one of the best mods I have ever had done. By ONLY changing the fuel and nothing else, I gained 87hp and 77tq. Yes, you do get worse gas mileage but having it cost 50 cents a gallon cheaper somewhat makes up for it. As for the problems you listed, I have never heard of anyone get those problems, if I had to guess I would say that those problems you heard of would have been there whether or not they were on e85 due to poor maintenance, being beat on, etc.

"The Sti is the car you want to drive to the track, the Evo is the car you want to drive at the track."
    IF YOU SAY YOU WILL BUY SOMETHING FROM ME AND FLAKE ON THE SALE, I WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT. THANKS.

Just do it! It's amazing. I recently did it last week tuned by rick. Stock 03 evo turbo stock internals not cams as well. Just 3 port, ic piping, fmic, fuel pump, 1200cc injectors and tbc exhaust. 376tq. 390awhp.
    Check out this site for you Rally Enthusiasts!!! Its amazing. Could be better with more members and help <br />http://www.dirtyevo.com/index.php?referrerid=291<br /><br />

+1
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

I think the only issue is whether you have easy access to E85. If the station is close, no problem. If its further away, be ready to get 5 gallon containers to load up every time you go. I've run E85 constantly for 3 years on stock internals...no problem
    RRE 450 awhp, 425 tq@27psi

Experienced
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

Quote Originally Posted by rocketdoc422
    I think the only issue is whether you have easy access to E85. If the station is close, no problem. If its further away, be ready to get 5 gallon containers to load up every time you go. I've run E85 constantly for 3 years on stock internals...no problem
    Did you replace headstuds or no?

Stock head studs FTW! Lol

The original poster mentioned he has injectors but didn't say what size. minimum of 1000cc will do but give your self a lil room for future mods and go 1200s min. Also headstuds are cheap insurance to not ruin a HG. although ive know plenty of guys running 28+psi on stock studs. not worth it for me though. E85 FTW for sure. just gotta know where the nearest stations are or get a dual map. good luck . . . . Fredo

Experienced
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

So just get 1200's and call it a day? But idk when I'll ever mod it in the future. Not gonna be soon.

ARP Headstuds

Did you replace headstuds or no?

Cars
    Evolution IX GSR, Yamaha YZF-R6

do it! e85 tune is BY FAR the best mod I've ever done to my car. it gave me more power, helps me pass smog, is cheaper, and I look cool using that weird funky yellow/green pump as the gas station. the only reason you shouldn't go e85 is availability in your area

Viva E85
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Experienced
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

Quote Originally Posted by evil_evo
    do it! e85 tune is BY FAR the best mod I've ever done to my car. it gave me more power, helps me pass smog, is cheaper, and I look cool using that weird funky yellow/green pump as the gas station. the only reason you shouldn't go e85 is availability in your area
    yes this is the dilemma I'm going through right now. e85 is 25 miles away from me.closest ones are fullerton and huntington. and damn! still haven't made up my mind!

yes this is the dilemma I'm going through right now. e85 is 25 miles away from me.closest ones are fullerton and huntington. and damn! still haven't made up my mind!
    Get a dual map for emergencies and seven 5 gallon cans for E85 storage, and just load up every time you go. That's what I used to do...though when I started out, my closest station was about 15 mi away...a little closer than yours. Its up to you but once you do it, you won't go back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast